Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Mid Week Ramblings

I heard a couple of things on the radio today I thought I would share since I am at a loss to post anything else.

A 23 year old lady from China was looking to get some plastic surgery to make her more ugly. Everyone turner her down. Now why would she want to be more ugly? Her boyfriend left her because he said she was to beautiful and he knew she would leave him for someone else eventually. Now I have to say, what a jerk she was dating. Talk about a permanent scar. It is a shame she could not have taken it for what it was worth, she was dating a jack*ss and just ignore it.

This second story comes from the Netherlands. It appears that a legislator over there has proposed that they send hookers in when ever they deploy troops anywhere. The thought behind it is that it will allow the troops to blow off steam and keep from bothering the local woman. This should prevent a lot of problems the troops seem to get into. If this should pass then there will be hookers in Afghanistan by Christmas.

So what is the best thing you can do for exercise? What allows you to work out the best? It turns out that swimming works the most body muscles by far.

I have been seeing a commercial. I think I might need to get a Lexis. Why is that you ask? It seems that they have a feature called and Advanced Parking Guidance System that can actually parallel park your car for you. Nice. Of course when I looked up the car I also saw a ton of other things like a wiper for your headlights, heated steering wheel, feature memory system, backup camera... Of course I refuse to look at the price tag but what an interesting car.

Today is SignGurls gastric Bypass surgery. Remember to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Sometime probably early evening after I have heard from Mr Sign look for an update on her blog. Best wishes SignGurl.

Happy hump day.


What is this? "Hump a Limey" week? –A Fish Called Wanda
9 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

A car that can do everything wow! can it do dishes too? Now that would be worth while! Prayers are being said right now for signgirl.

October 25, 2006 8:26 AM  
Blogger Walker said...

The Chinese lady needs help npt plastic surgery and the Dutch army know how to get recruit ment up LOL

AS to your question on ATammi's site.
I disabled blogger comments first before I added Haloscan and when it was done I enabled Blogger comments again and both showed up.
I have done this on all my blogs.
Yopu never loose your comments they are always there.
Have a nice day

October 25, 2006 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... let me get in line for that plastic surgery! LOL People are just plain nuts! LOL

Hoping to hear about signgrl soon!

October 25, 2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab I have a dish washer but if it did the dishes too that just might put me over the edge. Now can it cook?

I agree Walker and thanks so much for that answer. I nned to understand more about haloscan but it sounds like it will be easy to do.

Donna, I am waiting myself hoping to hear soon. Of course we all know no cell phones in the hospital and I would imagine Mr Sign has to let family know first. Imagine that.

October 25, 2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger barman said...

SignGurl is in recovery and doing fine. Congratulations SignGurl.

October 25, 2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger ell said...

can they invent a car to prevent people from acting like morons when they drive?

October 25, 2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Ell I am not sure if they can but I know where they can test it. Detroit is a perfect test place. It is not super busy like Los Angles, New York or one of the other really big cities yet it still has plenty of traffic. And the drivers are crazy.

October 25, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I walk. Some folks at work call me 'marathon' because I walk so fast. I also play around with dumbbells, but I have to ease back some because I start looking like a lumberjack.

October 26, 2006 6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RYN: Yeah, it's probably best that you don't drink. The alcohol effects you much faster, but it also leaves your body faster than the average person. You can essentially get drunk and sober up multiple times in an evening. It takes a bypass patient more drinks to maintain a "buzz" than an average person.

I know my surgeon says no alcohol the first year -- but every surgeon is different. It seems there is no hard-fast rule for this.

October 26, 2006 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home