Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I Got Nothing

What am I going to write about? I got nothing. I had a couple of ideas but I thought better of them. I just knew they would be funny to me and me alone. So I thought I would write about BLOGGER.

First I think this is awesome how someone that has no idea what they are doing can pick up this program and put together a post to share with people. The exchange in comments is great and seeing what you friends are up to is super. I do believe you become friends with the people that you blog with even if it is not the same as having a friend right by your side.

Of course blogger has its problems. I have seen a lot of times where people can not upload pictures. That has happened to me a little bit two but thankfully not to much. How about this problem. You typed in something for a blog and you go to upload a picture. The picture uploads and all of a sudden, everything you types is now on giant paragraph.

Of course my spelling is terrible so sometimes I use the built in speller. I click on it and, at least on occasion, it eats what I just typed. Also, have you ever had comments just disappear? I do not know about you but when someone leaves me a comment, even if I do not agree with it I will not delete it. I only get rid of it if it is spam or if something hurtful was typed. So far I have only deleted spam comments. I think most people do the same when leads me to believe that blogger is losing comments sometimes, it has to be.

Of course tacked on to blogger but not part of it is blogrolling. Now when this thing works I love it but on occasion it is down all together. Other times it never tells you when someone has updated their blog. For me at least it has been several days since it has been updating the list of who has updated. It just started updating again this morning.

Now I guess you get what you pay for and, after all, this is all free but sometimes it is just a little frustrating. Still I am enjoying myself and am glad I finally decided to jump into blogging oh about 11 months ago. There are some real super people out there and I keep finding more around every corner.

I hope blogger is kind to you today.


This is totally going in my blog! --How I Met Your Mother
8 Comments:
Blogger Dan said...

Hey Steve ... er ... no, where am I ... oh, yes ... hey Bryan, very touching post. I'm having to fight back the tears. Thank God for the blogosphere! (Grabbing for a Kleenex.)

;)

October 17, 2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Denny, if I hadn't joined in I would have missed out on you daily pub. You always come up with the most interesting things.

Hey there Bob, Tom and ... Dan. I don't know about touching but thanks for stopping by. I buest go see what you are up to over there on your blog...

October 17, 2006 8:17 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Hold on. Blogger has a built in spell checker? Nuh UGH!

October 17, 2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

I just figured out about the spell check thing too......

I'm glad I started blogging as well

October 17, 2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

I just figured out about the spell check thing too......

I'm glad I started blogging as well

October 17, 2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Im so glad Im part of the blogging family. I started just to get some of my frustration of each and every day outta my system. Now I read so much about others who have some of the same problems as me mine dont seem as big. And the people you meet! What a great deal....be friends with people from all over the place when before you could only be friends if they went to school with you or church or were your neighbors!

October 17, 2006 3:23 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm a little peeved at Blogrolling. I was just getting into the hang of it when it decided to go psycho.

October 17, 2006 4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by buddy.
I've enjoyed this post very much.
In fact just the other night I was remembering how we both got into blogging after learning about it from Melissa and Lara.
I miss Melissa very much and wish she hadn't left.
What a wonderful door it has opened and the opportunity to meet so many great people.
tc

October 18, 2006 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home