Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, October 05, 2006

RIP Audio Blogger

I received an email recently. The people that run Audio Blogger are closing up shop. You have until the end of the month to record messages and then they will be no more starting November 1st. Why is this? They claim it is to resource intense and they are going to focus in other directions.

The only piece of good news is any recordings that were already done they will continue to host those files.

In the email they did list several alternatives.
   Gabcast.com is a free service for recording by phone
Hipcast.com has a seven day free trial and lots of features
Gcast.com is another free service for phone recording
Now why do I care. Well first I have used it several times myself. As a matter of fact I left a audio blogger entry while I was driving 70 miles an hour through the heart of Indiana on my way to Kentucky. It seems like I did that on more than one occasion too. Sometimes it is just nice to be able to quickly leave a post.

But more than that it has been fun getting to know other people just a little bit more. Like Sign Gurl. I do believe there have been a drunk blog or two left. Then there is Madame X. You have not lived until you have heard one of her poems or stories in her own voice. Talk about hot. There is Brighton with her "Hey Y'all" that is just so cute.

Of course there are others I would love to hear. I approached one person in an unsolicited email once about doing one of those and she about bit my head off. I did not mean anything and when I appologized, it got worse. Oops. The Read Me button on Madame X blopg probably applied big time to what was wrong here. There is Kristen. I think her Southern accent might be real fun. You do have an accent, don't you? You know I am curious about how Denny sounds too. For that matter I would love to hear everyone whose blogs I have visited. It could be so fascinating.


Oh well Rest In Peace Audio Blogger (death November 1, 2006)

Oh one more thing. Just as I was typing the above line my TV bit the big one too. I better end this post while I am ahead of the game.


If it was up to me, he'd have let schizo dog rip your circuits out a long time ago. --Transformers: Beast Machines
6 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

Aww poor Barman when it rains it pours! and not good either from what I gather. Sorry I got a little carried away. Have a good weekend anyways ok? Hugs

October 06, 2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You saved me from having to write this post.

I'm so bummed about it. It's fun to hear what people sound like.

October 06, 2006 8:15 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab I started to think. I have had that TV for possibly 15 years. So if I need to replace it, I think I did pretty darn good. Of course I have not had the time to even see if anything can be done. Maybe an internal fuxe went. Other than that I will miss audio blogger but maybe I will look at the alternatives and see what they are all about.

Sign, I was dissapointed. I remember our Michigan Bloggers audio blog and that was just funny. Hopefully we can get people to post up one more for old times sake before it goes away. I wonder what Madame is up to... :) Maybe you can leave one when you get that acceptance letter. Now that could be fun.

October 06, 2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Chrissie, I say the same thing. I don't have an accent. Then people say you have a mid westerner accent. I had no idea, what ever that sounds like.

October 06, 2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

We have our shagcast and have asked for requests recently for what people would like to hear. But we had no suggestions.

I agree it is nice to hear other bloggers. :)

October 06, 2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

I got that e mail too, so sad. Y'all...

October 06, 2006 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home