Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, October 02, 2006

Pass the Silverwear Polish, Would You?

It’s interesting. I find, while bouncing around the blog world, someone peeks my interest. I go and visit their blog. I find myself reading what they posted in the past to find out more about this person. And that is when it happens.



I start to get these feelings like I want to be a knight in shining armor charging to their rescue. Of course what little I do read I really do not know this person. Plus they have shared what they chose to share. Still I feel like a long lost friend. All this for someone that I have never met, someone I most likely never will meet. Plus if I were to actually be honest with myself, if I am a knight at all there is plenty of tarnish on that armor.

It breaks my heart some times to see some of what people go through. You wish you could right all the wrongs. What a better place it would be.

Well I have read the little link that I first saw on the blog of Madame X that is a blogger's disclaimer. It certainly is a good thing to remember as I get to know my fellow blogger.

So should I ever do that to you, do me a favor. Just slap me up along side the head. Bring me back down to earth. I will try to work on that knight thing but I just know I have not made my last ride. Maybe I should revive what I called myself online back in ‘95, the Tattered Teddy Bear.

Editor: Something fun…

I just had an age old question answered this afternoon and I just had to share.

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?

The answer is to get to the parking ramp.

Last week at work we moved to a different building while they remodel our floor. So today, with the permission of the building owners, we went up to the 22nd floor to look around. Now this area is really pretty flat and very few builds are more than a few stories. It afforded a very interesting view especially with the lightning that was in the area. Anyway, we looked down and what did we see but a person in the lead followed by a big chicken. What were they doing? Why they were crossing the road to get to the nearest parking ramp. So there you have it, proof why the chicken crossed the road. Maybe next we will investigate the chicken and the egg…


To right the unrightable wrong, to love pure and chaste from afar, to try when your arms are too weary, to reach the unreachable star. –Man of La Mancha

6 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

Barman you can rescue me any time hun! And I'll get out my polish cleaner and clean your armor while your here. Hugs

October 02, 2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I put a disclaimer on my blog because my father started lurking it and then discussed it with my sister. My stories were taken out of context and it became all about him. I had to remind him that certain things were writing exercises and included both fact and fiction.

But I love it when a big brother blogger wants to beat up the bad guy. My husband even appreciates that other men are willing to say crappy stuff is indeed crappy. It's very validating and useful.

October 02, 2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I think we all know you have everyone's best interest at heart. You are a caring person, Bryan, and that's why we love ya!

October 02, 2006 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can think about is RollingsStones "emotional rescue"... "I will be your night in shining armourrrrrrrr"

p.s. radio show Friday! Link to be posted on Thurs.

October 02, 2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I think the Knight's in shining armour that have a little tarnish are the ones that are genuine

October 03, 2006 6:35 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Denny, habbits are hard to break I guess.

Thanks Gab. Maybe I best find a vat as there is more than just a little tarnish.

Dorothy, noticed more than one time people you wish would not find your blog do find it. You know you are right about the writing thing. To make the blog truely interesting I think there is a certain amount of embelishment that happens. People need to understand that.

Thank you Sign.

I have to go look that song up Sabatkes. It sounds familur but I am drawing a blank. I may not be able to make the show this Friday. It have been threatening to go to the folks on the weekend and I believe this will be it but I just don't know. I hope not. I so enjoyed your last show.

I guess that is true Kristen. After all who is perfect. I can not think of many that might qualify. Where there is tarnish there is fun too.

October 03, 2006 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home