Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It Happened Again

Have you ever had this happen to you? You are watching an older show, one you have seen before. All of a sudden you see someone or you hear someone and you just know who that person is. At the time you saw them before they were either no one or they were not at all the same person you have come to know ever since then. Kind of a classic example, although very old example, might be Larry Hagman. He was in I Dream of Jeannie and then latter in Dallas. Same person but very different character.

Well a couple of nights ago I was watch Stewart Little. Cute little story with Michael J Foxx doing the voice of Stewart Little. I was half paying attention as I often do with the TV. And then I heard the voice and I looked up. There was the face but ... where did I know the voice and the face from?

Well I brought up my buddy, the Internet Movie Data Base to look up Stewart Little and before I could get it open I just knew who it was.

Upon getting the page for the movie up on the screen I looked and sure enough, there it was. The same one that was playing the Dad on Stewart Little also had appeared in Flight of the Phoenix and as Doctor House and the show House.

I do not know what it is about House but I like that show. I am torn between hopping I never run into such a rude doctor in my life and between wanting him there if I ever have something wrong that no one else knows what it is. I had a mechanic like that. If you had an electrical problem in your car he is the one to take it to.

I got hooked on House toward the end of last season. I can not believe I missed the Season Opener. Oh well, I guess I enjoyed my Mexican dinner and the large margarita that accompanied it so I will call it even.

It sure is interesting, at least for me, when I notice a character in an older show like I did with the actor Hugh Laurie. I am so glad I have the Internet handy too. That would have drove me crazy until I could figure out who it was. Waiting for the credits, which half the time you can not see anyway, would have push me over the edge. Of course some say I have been there all along butt...

Happy hump day


Stacy Warner: God, you are such an idiot.
Dr. Gregory House: Actually, I thought I was more of a jerk. --House, M.D.
10 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

I would have never guess he was the doc from house! Wow what a different character! I love the inter net and now that I found Movie Data Base I'm like in heaven. BTW was it a flavored Margarita?(i.e.Strawberry?)Just wondering!

September 27, 2006 12:38 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I love the database. You can not trust the ratings as I guess the kids fool with them but I love all the linkage and other information.

Gab, nope just a plain one. Normally I would do a daiquiri if I was going to have an slushy kind of drink but you just can not do that for Mexcian. I do like the strawberry stuff.

September 27, 2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! NO WAY! That geeky lookin guy is HOUSE? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha! Oh man, what a trip!

September 27, 2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I haven't been sucked in yet. I know one day I will watch it but I have too many tv addictions already.

September 27, 2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

House is probably the only show I watch and that's only half the time.

Happy Humpday to you. Glad it's over.

September 27, 2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I can't believe that's the same guy....wow,

I've seen the show a few times.....not bad, maybe I'll add it to my list of shows

September 27, 2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Chrissie, I thought dick was a good thing. Oh, personality wise, not so much.

Isn't that funny Kristen. That is two totally different parts. Now I have this urge to want to see the jerk doctor personality come out on Stewart Little. It would be so much fun. Of course it would freek the kids out. Oh well.

September 28, 2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Wystful1 said...

I LOVE that show, House M.D.!! It's the best on Tuesday nights for sure. Ya, I saw him in a movie a few weeks ago also....I was so surprised. I think it was some gladiator type movie...a more recent one too, was it the one with Orlando Bloom and a knight maybe? Golly, now I gotta go to the movie data base!! Hugh Laurie is popping up all over the place. And to think how many movies he's been in, and no one knew it 'til HOUSE!!!

(Ya, I too think how could anyone want him as their doctor, but then to have a mysterious case solved in an hours time....who wouldn't want him on their side?) LOL

(I was here for the Saturday Photo Hunt, and got sidetracked with your post here---Have a great weekend!!)

September 30, 2006 6:36 AM  
Blogger Retro Girl said...

I do that with almost every movie lol. I hafta identify the movie/tv show that the actors were in before...or it will drive me nuts (A bit OCD wouldn't ya say?! LOL) I've got my hubby doing it too...

It is funny when you watch an older movie, you've seen before, and suddenly notice someone you didn't see the first time around and go "Hey...that's so and so!"

September 30, 2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

I do that all the time too. Wow , he looks like a different person!

September 30, 2006 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home