Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Investment


Recently I bought a piece of art. Now most people say, big deal or was it the Mona Lisa or something special? Well it was something special to me.

You see for some reason I have never done a lot with art. What stuff I have is either young kid's refrigerator art work or that mass produced stuff you can find at the store. What makes this so special to me?

The piece is something small, nothing all that major at least size wise. But there are a couple of things that make it special to me.

Back when I was in High School I was a member of the band. Every November we had an event called Band-A-Rama. Basically at the end of the marching season we put on the extravaganza. We marched into the gymnasium, marched to and froe and played as we went. We did some of our routines from the football games. We also did our dance to one song, the song/dance for that year. We stood on the risers and simply played music. There was the High School, the Junior High and even the sixth graders. There also were skits, many direct from band camp in August … this one time … in band camp … There were also groups like the jazz band and even individuals that formed a small group on their own or even wrote their own music that would participate.

Well one such Band-A-Rama one very talented student plaid this song that I really loved and never forgot. It was Desiderata. Now I never really checked into the song any further although I knew it was not a song he had written. I did here if a little after then but that is that. That is until I saw this one special piece. What should it be but a person with a star and a tree and … it was Desiderata. I just knew I really wanted this.

Another thing that made it special is I know the artist. Now I have had this sort of thing happen several times in the past, most often with an audio CD (waves to GoGo) or a book (hi Deb). There is something that is just so much more special to know the artist. In this case, however, the artist is one of the most super people I know. Although I have never met her, I have talked a little in email and just left comments on blogs. I think she has a heart of gold and there is just something that really hits home with me. I also notice the people that she considers friends and that speaks volumes too. This person is fellow blogger, Old Hippie Chick.

Now I am not going to make a big deal about this because I get the feeling she would not want it that way. I am not sure if I want to post a picture of this special piece and I am not even sure exactly why but, ever since I received it I have just been itching to mention my new treasure.

I think I have said this before but thanks so much OHC.

Editors Note: I added in a picture of the piece. I hope hippie does not mind. This picture is from the auction she posted. The only thing you are missing is a lovely hanger she added for me.


You, sir, are the greatest artist whoever lived! --SpongeBob SquarePants
16 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

You know we will make you post a picture! I wanna see it!

September 20, 2006 7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you Bryan OHC is one of the sweetest people I know and she is the "real deal".
I consider it a very special privilege to have met her thru blogging.

She also is a very talented artist whose works of art have warmth and feeling to them.

Tc

September 20, 2006 8:01 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I am resisting, at least for now SG.

I so agree. The first thing I saw her type scared me just a little. Silly care salesmen.

You captured her just perfectly TC. Glad to see you again TC. I hope things are going OK for you two.

September 20, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger ohc said...

WOW, OHC here! I am flattered! You guys are so good to me! I am blog blushing!

This is why I love to make art, so other people love it! I love the visual-emoitional connections art creates.

Byran, I am just so tickled you loved the litte piece! Thank you for your suooprt and kind words.

I had to chuckle over the car salesman thing. I guess I was kinda mad, huh? Oh, well, life is too short to be so mad. I am way over it. That was not the real me. LOL.

TC, you are a jewel too!

Many thanks, OHC

September 20, 2006 11:07 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Hurry I wanna see it!

September 20, 2006 11:32 PM  
Blogger barman said...

You look great with a light blush. Kind of sounds like wine.

I know you are not like what I first saw. You are an awesome person. Hey we grew up in the same era and I see a lot of the times I grew up in your soul. I also see your artistic and creative soul. A very kind soul too. And you love animals too. Who wouldn't love you?

You know it is funny. I probably saw about 20 pieces of art you created. Of those 20 I would say that I liked all of them but there were only lets say 3 or 4 items I was considering and then I saw this one. It is not like you did anything different. It just somehow connects with something inside and the rest is history.

I mean I notice the same thing with TC and his poetry. I love it all but a lot of it I struggle to completly understand. Then something just clicks and I so understand exactly what he is saying.

September 20, 2006 11:37 PM  
Blogger barman said...

OK, that was not fair not to put up a picture. I am not really sure why but I did not want to take a picture. Maybe I am being selfish, I don't know. This is a little compramise. I added a picture that Gina posted for the auction on ebay that I won.

September 21, 2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger ohc said...

Again, I am blog blushing~

September 21, 2006 6:04 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

What a beautiful Pic. This would have been something I too would have bought. For different reasons though.

September 21, 2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

September 21, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 21, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Way cool Barman. Love the pic.

September 21, 2006 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool. We buy alot of art here in milwaukee by new artists. i bought a work by a group collaboration in San Francisco on my vacation. Like the new site. I'm changing mine this weekend.

September 21, 2006 11:24 PM  
Blogger barman said...

OHC, I know... I will behave. I get that way sometimes. Ask poor Lara and Roxi. You are super to me just the same...

Gab, I slipped you an email.

Sign I should have from the begining but for some reason... Glad you liked it. OHC did very nice.

Manny, it is nice, isn't it. I need to keep checking what other things my favorite artist has done.

Sabatkes, thank you. It is nice. As to my site I just desperatly needed to make a change. Part of it is what I wanted, part of it is not. I keep tinkering and making an adjustment here and there. I really need to come up with a picture for the heading. I am kind of proud what I did with my blog links but I might need to tweek that a little more too. Good luck with your new look.

September 22, 2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, that was a lovely post... You have some good friends.

September 23, 2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger Retro Girl said...

What a great post :-) and - a great piece...I love altered art and this one is really cool :-)

September 23, 2006 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home