Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, September 18, 2006

Prices are a Tumbling

This is just a quicky post but there is something that has been on my mind of late. What has happened with the gas prices? I mean in less than a month I believe I have seen prices fall about one dollar. I can understand some fluctuation but this seems a bit much, not that I am complaining.

I tried to imagine what is going on. First it is the end of the time when most people travel. There should be less demand on gas. But, the prices started to fall before Labor Day arrived. That makes no sense.

Another reason is the hurricane season has been very mild this year, especially compared to last year. But I would think that would stop the prices from going up, not cause them to fall.

I know I have heard others say they have lowered the price to influence the election, making things look good for the republicans. The only problem I have is this is to early. If they wanted to do that I would have thought they would have waited until October.

There was also an event that happened a little while ago where the pipeline in Alaska was shut down. I filled my tank quick because I expected the prices to sky-rocket. I think they barely went up and then fell some.

You would also think they would be converting the refinery production to home heating oil which would drive prices up but no. Of course, for that matter, I have not heard any talk about heating costs going crazy this winter like in winters past.

It just does not make sense to me. Of course, for now, I guess I will just need to be thankful the prices have dropped. It sure would be nice if the prices would stay down. Very doubtful as I have noticed that the gas prices and diesel prices somewhat fallow each other with the diesel being more stable. When I filled up at $2.25 a gallon yesterday I noticed that diesel was still just un three dollars. I think that is not a good sign. Well all this can only mean one thing...

ROAD TRIP


Okay, first rule of this carpool. No breaking wind in my car. The only gas that Bernie Mac want to be smelling is unleaded. –The Bernie Mac Show
17 Comments:
Blogger MilkMaid said...

No breaking wind in your car means that we leave CrabCake behind. Can our first stop be Dairy Queen? I'll text message her a picture back so she'll know what she missed. LOL!

$2.25 is good, we had it at $2.19 with a shopping card at our local market. I never understand when they RAISE the prices either.

September 18, 2006 7:22 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

It means you pick me up on the way. Put your nose plugs in, lock the car
windows, fill "me" up with cheap Mexican and "then" we pick up Milky and let her have it. bwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Gas is down here too. I'm not sure what it means or how long it will last but I am filling my tank while the filling is good. ;)

PS. I just woke up. Can ya tell?
coffee....I must have coffee

September 18, 2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Chrissie, it sounds like a trip to Ohio and Texas is in order. Oh and I forgot DQ. You guys always have higher gas prices in your neck of the woods (just saying west coast in general) so $2.70 probably feels pretty good.

MilyMaid, you know Crabby much better than I but I think it is a mistake not taking her along to DQ. Something tells me I would regret it. How about we just drive with the windows down. I know, raising the price is crazy. Why do we raise it 25 or 35 cents at a time. Very suspicious.

Crabby that worries me. High concentrations like that might 'splode on it's own. Hope you got that coffee thing worked out.

September 18, 2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

gas here at some stations was 2.11. Diesel was actually 1.79! wow what a difference!I would really like to see it stay that way now. Now I can afford gas again:) but cant afford a trip lol :(

September 18, 2006 7:15 PM  
Blogger indiansfan said...

A week ago when I was in Florida, gas was 2.79. all the way back to Ohio it was that high until we got in Ohio. Then we stopped and got it for 2.21 and thought it was a deal. Of course, I got home and just around the corner it was down to 2.14. I saw it for 2 this morning but they raised it to 2.24 by this afternoon. They still can't figure out what they are doing. Now I am really confused!

September 18, 2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger indiansfan said...

Gab, where are you? If diesel is 1.79, my son will be driving that direction just to fill up! LOL

September 18, 2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

To Texas!!!

September 18, 2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab wow $1.79. That is way lower then diesel for cars here. I think it dropped a little and may be about $2.88 or so. That almost sounds like truck rates or something. I noticed that our rates droped a little. The place I filled up at yesterday is now 3 cents lower at $2.22 a gallon.

IndiansFan, check out Tammi in Texas. On her side bar she has average gas prices for all fifty states. It looks like Florida is sbout $2.58 now. For some reason OH, IN, and MI are all much lower than most. Oh and if Gab does not get back to you, she is from Minnesota.

Yes indeed Trish ... go Texas ... black gold, Texas tea.

September 18, 2006 9:54 PM  
Blogger barman said...

It sure is terrible. I put it on a debit card. As a result it is almost like it is not real except my bank account sure is not what it used to be.

September 19, 2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Roxi said...

I was wondering the same thing.. like.. when are they gonna go back up???

September 19, 2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I've worked out the coffee thing 50 times over. My eyeballs are spinning in their sockets. LOL! This work is killin me!

You got a new look here! I like it!

September 19, 2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Unfortunately we can't manage without petrol so we pay whatever they charge at the pumps.

It's currently £3.88 per gallon over here in the UK.

I love the new template Bryan it's very cool!

September 19, 2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Whoo-Hoo love the new background!!!! your pic is looking good too. You handsome devil you!

September 19, 2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Rox, for now they are still going down. I saw it for $2.17 at one station but you know it will not last.

Thanks Crabby. It is not what I want just yeat but it is a start. I wanted larger posting are, Check. I wanted a white background for the text, Check. I would like a little more color however. I also so need to come up with some sort of mast head and it will feel much better.

Wow, Suze that is in pounds. That is expensive. I hope you guys live not to far from where you work. Thanks for the compliment. It needs work but the change is nice.

Thanks ... *blush*. I do not know it it will stay but the other one is not coming back. I need to find some more templates.

September 19, 2006 8:58 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Love the new look! It's fun to change things up a bit.

I'm loving the low gas prices but am holding my breath until they go back up.

September 19, 2006 10:04 PM  
Blogger indiansfan said...

Barman, the gas is still between 2.15 and 2.25 here. I think I will just be happy about it and not think about it anymore. LOL. Oh, you missed a great game tonight. We beat the Sabres 4 - 1. The rookies, vets and goalies looked good. Federov got hurt tho, and I am hating that. Keep your fingers crossed that it is minor.

September 20, 2006 1:21 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Fresh new look.

I try not to think about gas prices. I try never to let my tank go under 3/4.

September 20, 2006 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home