Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Watch Out, I Almost Bit His Head Off

I do not know what my deal is but today I was not in the best of moods. I was upset about the stupid things people were doing on the drive in to work.

I managed to survive work and made it home only to discover 2 messages on the answering machine. One was a stupid political add which I immediately forwarded to the end and deleted it. The other one was from this morning. It was a call from a collection agency. Now if I deserved a call then that would be one thing but this call was for a loser and no I am not talking about me. The call said now that you have heard this you have be alerted and have to call us at this 866 number, or was that 886? Anyway I called and was placed on hold for 3 minutes. It is important we talk to you, do not hang up.

when the guy answered I went off on him. Now let me give you a little quick background. The dead beat in question had this house before me abandoned it but not before doing a bunch of damage to it. Of course I did get it cheaper because of that. Anyway the phone number I have is not connected to him. The house is in my name, not his but the people called a collection agency and gave them this phone number. I have been getting mail for almost 8 years now. At first I sent it back return to sender but now I do not think I should have to do that after so long. I shred the mail. I get calls every now and them similar to this one. Give me a break, this person has not existed at this address for probably 9 years. Why in the heck are they still going after him. WRITE IT OFF FOR GOSH SAKES!

Anyway the was very wrong of me to do. I am not happy with myself. I just hope I do not get any more calls from them. If I do I will turn them for prosecution under the National Do Not Call list. I just wish they would go away. I am not the dead beat. What am I getting punished. I know, poor, poor, pityful me.

I will try and put my fangs away tomorrow.


A mad man, your honor, a desperate fool at the end of his pitiful rope. --Liar Liar
11 Comments:
Blogger barman said...

It was no fun but the wort part ... I am not very proud of myself either. Oh well.

September 22, 2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Don't feel bad and don't apologize. Especially since it's been this long.

Your blog looks great! I like these colors.

September 22, 2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thanks MilkMaid. It is not where I would like it but it is a welcome change. At least I finally made the move.

September 22, 2006 2:04 PM  
Blogger guppyman said...

I get calls constantly for the Bones.... I don't know who the Bones are, but apparently they have a lot of financial problems. But my answering machine clearly states my last name. It's an unusual last name, very hard to confuse with Bones. but they leave nice little messages. And sometimes I call them. Sometimes I answer them.... And sometimes they really regret calling my number...

September 22, 2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Hey dude,

That was not wrong of you. They should expect a backlash if they don't have their facts straight.

Reminds me of this one time at band camp. This telemarketer kept calling to sell me siding. After 6 or 7 unwanted calls I said "sure come on over" made the appointment and when they got there they realized I had a brick house. LMAO I didn't feel bad at all and guess what? My name came off their list.

September 22, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You are too nice, Bryan. I would have let them have it too.

I used to get calls about the neighbors. The people on the phone wanted me to go next door and give them a message to call the bill collectors. I let them know that I wasn't on their payroll.

September 22, 2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Guppyman, I kept getting wrong number calls at work. I finally added a message on my phone that said if you are trying to reach so and so, you should have dialed this number. A stupid phone book was printer wrong one year. I wish I could do that at home but I use the phone company answering service and I do not believe I have that option. By the way, thanks for the visit.

Manny I love the story about your brick house. It serves them right.

Sign, for your neighbors? I had no idea they would do that. I think I may have had a few choice words for them too. Luckily they would be fined under the do not call list so I do not think that would happen any more.

September 22, 2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

And just where is your scavenger hunt?

September 23, 2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, we had a similar situation with the property we live in. The woman split up from her husband and ran up some big debts.

We had been in the house about 2 weeks when the local takeaway called round to say that our cheque had bounced...

The letters and phone calls do eventually stop. LOL

September 23, 2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger Frances D said...

I am the ultimate phone call screener myself.
I had my fangs out today to - about ten people parked in our lot illegally.
Grrrr.
Take care & I'll be back to visit soon.
Frances

September 23, 2006 3:36 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ahhhhh... collection agents and bounty hunters -- they NEVER give up! LOL!!!

October 01, 2006 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home