Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Happy Fall or is that Spring?

It has felt like fall in my neck of the woods for most of September. Well it finally happened this past week. First I missed Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19. Now I discover that I missed the changing of the seasons (very late Friday) as yesterday ushered in our first full fall day in the northern hemisphere.

If it was not for the fact that winter is coming I really could not say a lot bad about fall. The temperatures are usually very nice. Often times you can have your home opened up at least some every day. The leaves turn a lovely shade and gently tumble to the ground. College football gets under way and hockey is not that far behind. Apple Cider is pouring and if you add in a cinnamon donuts, ahhh. The sun comes up a little later in the morning but the down side is it sets a little earlier too. There are hay rides which I have not been on in years. You can start making chilli again. In a little while the grass will stop growing and, for a small window, there will be no lawn to mow and no snow to shovel. Pumpkin and Apple pies, do I need to say more? Haunted houses ... I have not done that in years. I think I need to make the rounds this year.

My list is starting to run out but I am sure there is much to add to it and probably a few down sides like everything is dyeing, etc. Still I do love this time of year. So what is your favorite time of the year?


I do have a question kind of unrelated to anything. I am thinking of making the jump to Beta Blogger. There is one feature I really want to start using called label that allows you to attach labels to posts and pull up posts that have the same label. I think it would be outstanding to link all my photo hunt posts and meme posts and, I am sure there is more. So if you have any feedback about Beta Blogger I would really love to hear it.


Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again. –Being There
10 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

I no nothing about beta.

I do however know a great deal about cider (hot and cold), doughnuts, and chili. Fall is a great time for homemade pots of soups. I make them all.

September 24, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, I know that beta has caused template problems for users.

We have switched to WordPress because it gives you all the features and more importantly stablility.

Yes, Autumn has arrived here too and like you we are having a mild one up to now.

September 25, 2006 5:08 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, I might need to ask about some soup recipies then. Yumm. I have done OK with cider also. I remember making a rather large batch of heated cider. I was in charge of adding the rum. I think I added to much as I could not tell hom much rum there was already. I do not think I have been in charge of the cider ever since.

Thank you Suze. I noticed you moved and wondered how things were going. I had never considered moving away from blogger although they have had more then their share of problems. I hear winter over here is suppose to be hard. That came from the farmers alminac which clames to be fairly accurate. We will see. Thanks again Suze.

September 25, 2006 7:04 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

YUM home made chili...I cant wait to start making it again. I make enough to eat some freeze some! The only other soup I make is cabbage soup. Well, unless you count oyster soup and that is open a can of oysters and add milk and butter salt and pepper to taste. Course I never know if I add to much S & P cause I dont like oyster soup.(or cabbage soup either)Sorry I cant help on the beta thing. I have enough trouble running this blog to try a change. I love both Spring and Fall. The temps are usually just right on both seasons.

September 25, 2006 2:45 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Don't got to Beta just yet. I've heard only horror stories. I think I would wait for the kinks to be worked out. I've also heard that you have to be invited to join as they don't want an onslaught of users switching.

I can't wait for the haunted houses either. I used to go every fall as my sister's birthday is the 29th. When she attended MSU we would visit all the sorority and frat houses that had haunted houses. Fun times.

September 25, 2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab, I have never frooze chili. I hear it gets even better when you do. I have made several soups. Stuff like improv Vegitable soup, French Onion soup (yum), and a tomato/cabbage/hamburger thing this is kind of a cross between a dish and soup. I have made others but those stay in my mind. I still do not have what I consider to be a good chili recipie. Spring and fall are awesome up here in northern country.

Sign, I used to hear a lot of bad things but as of late I have not seen very manny comments any more. I noticed that Sabatkes is probably running beta, I will need to see what her feedback is also. I have noticed on several blogs that it asks you if you want to switch to beta so I think they must have widened things up a little bit. Still I am not sure I want to make the move. I am just starting to look at wordpress to see what that is all about. Thanks.

September 25, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I love spring.....spring in Kentucky is perfectly beautiful.

Although I do agree that fall is pretty cool too......the chili, the changing of leaves, the football........all good things.

I know nothing about Beta, so I can be of no help

September 25, 2006 7:45 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I love spring.....spring in Kentucky is perfectly beautiful.

Although I do agree that fall is pretty cool too......the chili, the changing of leaves, the football........all good things.

I know nothing about Beta, so I can be of no help

September 25, 2006 7:45 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I am so with you on that Kristen. I have been down to Kentucky in spring for a week for about 19 years now. I love spring down there with all the green and all the lovely flowers, running around with no jacket... spring down where you live is awesome.

September 25, 2006 8:14 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Denny, I love what Alex and Suze have done. They are keeping around what they had and will not get away from that. But they are moved on to something else and link back to their prior blog.

I have some things I really would not want to lose either, including comments so I do not want to make a move I regreat either.

September 26, 2006 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home