Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Dinner

Last night I decided I wanted to have hamburgers. I had been thinking about this for a few days. I found a simple recipe to make garlic butter so I could make garlic bread. I had some onions, tomatoes and even pickles. I was all set to get started.

I had to put some oil in a pan and add various seasoning. Then, over heat, stir everything being careful not to burn the seasonings.

Stir stir STIR

And it burned. What the... Oh well, this was just for me and I can take a little burn. I lowered the heat and added a little more oil and finished browning the mixture. Then I added in the butter and kept stirring that. Much better so far.

sTir stIR stir

and at last it was ready. I took it off the heat, dipped several pieces of Texas toast into the butter and headed for the toaster oven. In went two of the pieces of bread and on went the broiler.

It seemed to take forever but at last it seemed to have the two pieces of bread nice and toasted. So I put in the other two pieces and plopped a couple of hamburgers onto the George forman. I also figured why not take advantage of the left over garlic butter and saute some onions for the hamburger so I moved the pot back to the burner and added the onions. I also cut up some tomatoes to finish the sandwich.

Flip, fLip, flIP

went the onions so as not to burn it.


You know, now that I type this out I now understand what happened next. I smelled smoke. I looked up and, oh no, the broiler had smoke coming from it. It is amazing I did not manage to set off the smoke detector. NOTE TO SELF... Check the smoke detectors!

Well it turned out one side was burned a bit but not to bad. Once again, I can live with it. By this time the hamburgers were ready so was the onions and it was time to assemble the hamburgers.

Well surprisingly the hamburgers were not to bad despite the fact the I just had this need. A need to burn something. I suppose I should just refer to yesterdays dinner as blackened burger. Hey why not, I see blackened chicken or blackened fish on the menu at restaurants all the time. I think I know why now.

So who wants to come over for dinner?


It's burnt toast, Kirk. You don't have to eat it. –Gilmore Girls
6 Comments:
Blogger KJ said...

I'm in for dinner!!!

yum

October 04, 2006 6:39 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

If your cooking I'll be right there. send me how you make garlic butter ok? have a good one.

October 04, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Oh Kristen, I can make a pretty mean Lemon Chicken.

Gab no problem. I actually can do OK with a few meals. I have not killed anyone yet. Oh and I think I just sent you an email. I have so many windows open at the moment I might not have. Let me know if you do not get it.

October 04, 2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

thanks barman I got it! Hugs

October 04, 2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Oh, B! I've so got to cook for you. You make cooking sound painful.

October 04, 2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign normally cooking is not painful but yesterday, Oy! I think I could have burned water. I guess it was just an off day. Of course I would never turn down home cooking. LOL

October 04, 2006 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home