Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, October 05, 2006

My First Political Sign

Out of all my years that I have been around, all the time I could allow political signs to be placed on my property I have always resisted. First off it is no ones business how I vote. Also I so hate being branded one way of the other. For one thing I do not care who you are, if I think you are the better person, I will vote for you regardless of anything.



So why am I excited about this particular sign? Well it is not the sign. It is your basic sign with very little else. Also I am not even in this persons district, I’m on the wrong side of the street. It certainly is not because I finally decided to declare what party I tend to vote for. It is because Jim is my friend. And not just a friend. I think the following says it best.

A GOOD FRIEND WILL COME AND BAIL YOU OUT OF JAIL .......BUT A TRUE FRIEND WILL BE SITTING NEXT TO YOU SAYING, "DAMN, THAT WAS FUN!"

Jim is a true friend. Now we do not always see eye to eye and he so knows some of my buttons to push to make me hot under the collar and he take pride in pushing them from time to time. We have worked together in the past. Heck we were even partners in a small business for a little while before people decided it was time to disband. College football, hockey, and even the local minor league baseball team ... it is not the same without him there.


Let me give you an example of typical Jim. We are at the ball park. Jim is up getting beers and what should happen? A ball was fouled off into the stands in left field. As luck would have it the ball hit the ground and bounced all around Jim while he was waiting in line for cold beverages. I saw that he actually managed to get the ball. Now it just happened that my parents were with us at this game. I made sure they knew what happened and I said, watch, he will give that ball away before he even gets back to his seat. Sure enough, Jim found some little kid and made his day. That is just so Jim. I have a simular but much better hockey story but I will hold onto that one.

Will Jim win? I think he will. If he can knock on enough doors he will win people over. Also it helps the area I live in is somewhat republican and he is running on the republican ticket.

Will this post make any difference in his campaing? Of course not, that is not why I am posted it. As a matter of fact I do not even intend to mention it to him.

Will Jim make a good commissioner? You bet he will. He is responsable. He is very much a people person. He would love to hear from his constituents and is already thinking of changes he wants to make so he is more accessible. Jim is a dreamer but he also gets the job done.

There is one other thing that makes this so cool... think of the possibilities. Election Night Party, Woot!


In this Election, The clowns wear suits! –The Adventures of Blinky Bill
14 Comments:
Blogger KJ said...

What an amazing friendship you two have......very cool

October 05, 2006 6:38 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Kristen, I get the feeling the same can be said of quit a few of your friends like for instance the Keenland crew.

October 05, 2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Morning Barman :)
I've always felt the same way that if I put someones sign in my yard then people would think I was voting for that person weather or not I was. So to get over that a couple of years ago I invited all parties to put their sign in my yard. Then to anyone who asked I said my hubby has his favorites I have mine. But I would not say whos sign was for which of us. It worked. That way I was being fair to all and "I adverrtised" for them by letting them use my yard and no one knew who I was voting for. I love having friends like that because they have the most fun no matter where you are and what you are doing. Have a great day!

October 05, 2006 7:24 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Wow, what a unique solution Gab. I am running for president in a few years. Can I put my sign in your yard? We need a new party. I am running on the Blogger ticket.

Just kidding about president, I would not want to be president for anything.

People like Jim help ballance out people like me.

October 05, 2006 7:53 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Chrissie, I think he will do well and if not, he will just fit in somewhere else. He has lots of things going on.

Denny, you know I went through his WEB site and I do not see mention of that anywhere. Actually I usually weigh pretty heavy on what kind of person someone is. That is why it is hard to believe in politicians and celeberties after a while. I think it would be nice to know more about the person rather then just the candidate which they never really talk about anyway.

October 05, 2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Hello! Guess what? I went by your house today. Very nice! I saw the sign. (psst! I could have done a better layout for him.)

Gl to Jim. I would vote for him if I could.

October 05, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

P.S. I'm pretty sick of making political signs right about now.

October 05, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I'm voting for myself.

October 05, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I can not even imagine Sign how busy you are and I bet they just kicked the sign making up a notch or two recently.

You know, the first thing I thought of when I saw the sign was you. You have me all conditioned.

If he loses I know it will be because he did not come to visit you.

October 05, 2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, can I vote for you? Manny for ... wait, what are you running for again???

October 05, 2006 6:19 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Aw. I'd vote for him if he was in my district after the ball thing. What a great guy!

October 05, 2006 6:33 PM  
Blogger barman said...

That he is Crabcake. That he is and more. Oh and he loves animals. I might be able to get him to snarl at your bird however.

October 05, 2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger indiansfan said...

barman, that is really cool. I don't know anyone here that is worthy of me putting their sign in my yard. Maybe in the next election????????

October 05, 2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I agree Indiansfan. I know several politicions that I would love to put a sign up for. Unfortunetly none of them are people I can vote for. It figures.

I hated the last presidential and the one coming up seems to be even worse. I do not like the choices in our Governors race. I do like my Senator. I do not know my Representative. I just don't know. There are so few people out there that I trust, period.

Hey did you know Manny was running for something. She has not said what yet. Maybe we can vote for that.

October 05, 2006 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home