Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Laundry

So, everyone that has ever done laundry knows all about missing socks, right? I mean you do the laundry and when it comes out the other end you are left with a sock missing. What happens to it is beyond me. Maybe that is where all the lint comes from. Maybe there is some sort of Laundry Ferry or something.

I once saw a Carol Burnett sitcom that tried to answer this one. In the story an embittered woman fell into a commercial-sized clothes dryer in the laundry room of her apartment building in search of a missing sock -- and entered into the Land of Lost Things, there encountering once more all the things she'd lost in her life, e.g., her sense of humor, her childhood, her virginity and her ability to love. I am sort of inclined to believe this one myself.

Well I had something much more difficult to explain happen to me. I was running low on underwear. So I gathered up some stuff so I could make up a white load. It was then that I realized that I hardly had any underwear. How could that be. I remember buying some more not all that long ago. Now mind you I take some out of circulation at the same time but still.

Well it turns out I forgot to remove the last load of laundry from the drier. Now being single and living alone I am not doing laundry every day so it had been a little while. So it turns out that, at least in this case, it was not some sort of laundry ferry or a washing machine or drier gone awry. Instead it was just me being caught in a blonde moment or is that a senior moment.

Oh, buy the way, I checked and no, there were no socks left behind in the drier.


Hey, where's my sock? Hey! --Family Guy
10 Comments:
Blogger KJ said...

It's not a senior moment........

I found a load of laundry in the washer that I had forgotten about.

I like to blame it on being way too busy....

October 10, 2006 3:52 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Lol. I have done the same thing myself. When the iron goes on and I look round then I realise that I didn't empty the drier. Or better still they are still wet in the washer.

October 10, 2006 5:39 AM  
Blogger Roxi said...

its the underwear kknome.. he takes underwear and socks..

and steals all kinds of other shit all the time..

October 10, 2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

well at least you found them. Now had they been in the washer a long time eww think of the smell. And believe me that smell really never leaves no matter how many times you rewash them.

October 10, 2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Things don't disappear all at once at my house. Bob likes to do the laundry ever since we got the new washer and drier. he shrinks things....a lot. I have a sweater the size of Barbie.

But he's not limited to sweaters. The man can literally shrink anything. Even things that firmly pronounce themselves, non-shrinking. It's a gift.

October 10, 2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

I know what you mean about missing socks. I have a drawer full of unmatched socks. There are so many I contacted The Bureau of Missing Socks for help. You can check out their web site for help. http://www.funbureau.com/

October 10, 2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Hey, wait a minute! I'm single and do laundry at least six times a week.

btw, the undies you take out of circulation, do you wash them first?

I'm just wondering because a few of the ladies at work and I have discussed this many times over the years. I'm a wash them first type of girl. LMAO

October 10, 2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe you have a fairy there. I heard they love taking things and hiding it. Not to be mean but merely to be playful. You should talk to them.

Just dropping by.

October 10, 2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Kristen, single mother of two, full time job... it is amazing you are able to get anything done. My hats off to you.

Suze I know what I did. I had some shirts mixed in with the other whites. I grabbed the shirts out and started the drier again and then went to work. Bad idea to do laundry when you do not have time to do it.

Denny, just think. You could find all the missing socks and sell them back to everyone. You would be set for life.

It the kknome, oh no. I only thought the knome was after you. I think I am going to set a trap and see what happens.

Gab I have done the washer before once also. Luckily it was a few pieces of work clothes. I think they turned out OK but if not, oh well.

Crabcake, are you sure he is shrinking things and you are not ... I mean yes, I guess you better watch out for Bob with the new washer/drier. I was thinking of getting a new washer/drier myself. Maybe I better not.

BTE, I will do that. Since I am not sure what the link is, maybe I best save this comment first. You know, I just had an idea. Do you suppose that missing socks for one person turn up at someone elses place?

October 10, 2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Tony that link is priceless, thank you.

Manny, how many different outfits a day do you wear Manny? I only have a white, dark and grey load a week. Then again, I never was all that great with laundry.

Kay, drop by anytime. Above I said I was going to try and trap it. I suppose id I do that the fairy will not want to talk to me. I best rethink that. Do fairys like cookies?

October 10, 2006 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home