Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Ramblings

Frosty the Snowman,
was a jolly happy soul,
With a corncob pipe and a button nose,
and two eyes made out of coal.

Frosty the Snowman,
is a fairytale, they say.
He was made of snow,
but the children know
how he came to life one day.

There must have been some magic
in that old silk hat they found,
For when they placed it on his head,
he began to dance around!

Frosty, the Snowman,
was a live as he could be;
and the children say
he could laugh and play,
just the same as you and me.



Thumpety thump, thump,
thumpety thump, thump,
look at Frosty go.
Thumpety thump, thump,
thumpety thump, thump,
over the hills of snow.



Frosty the Snowman,
knew the sun was hot that day,
so he said, "Let's run,
and we'll have some fun
now, before I melt away."

Down to the village,
with a brooomstick in his hand,
Running here and there, all around the square,
sayin', "Catch me if you can."

He led them down the streets of town,
right to the traffic cop;
and only paused a moment when,
he heard him holler, "Stop!"

For Frosty, the Snowman,
had to hurry on his way,
But he waved goodbye,
sayin' "Don't you cry,
I'll be back again some day."


Oh my gosh. We normally do not see snow up here in the southern peninsula of Michigan until November and usually we are struggling trying to have a white Christmas. But here I was, minding my own business when I heard the early Sunday news mention snow. When the weather came on there it was. Friday they are talking about us seeing snow mixed in with rain. Burrr. I am not ready for snow. Of course I see they just opened the scating rink at Rockefeller Center. Can we just skip winter this year?




What an interesting day yesterday was. The Detroit Tigers baseball team, basically the laughing stock of the American Basball League last year and for many years, advanced to the next round of playoffs.

I have not followed baseball for years now but I remember checking to see if the Tigers had lost 100 games yet or if they were on target to lose 100. 100 games! That is over 60 percent of their games. The one year they were one game away from losing the most games any team has lost (I believe).

What happened to make the difference. It is truely amazing. This year the almost WON 100 GAMES. Now if only I could bottle that and apply some of it to the Detroit Lions. They have not won a game yet this season other than a preseason game.




30 days before the election here in the states. If only there were some people that I felt like were worthy of voting for.




Despite the approaching snow, it is going to be in the mid 70s today. The trees are turning colors and leaves are falling. What a mighty fine fall day.

Happy weekend to all.
11 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

Your blog kinda coasides with mine. I saw ads for toys that kids should ask santa for. And Im not ready for snow either. Yes our Twins got to the playoffs where they promptly lost 3 in a row. thats figures! I had my doubts that they would make it in.

October 08, 2006 4:28 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I can only imagine about the must shop for stuff for Christmas. I expected the Tigers to go out one, two, three also since they were in a slide the last part of the season. They lost their firt one and then, big surprise, they won 3 straight. How far are they going to go? Beats me but I am kind of proud they managed to get this far. Hey at least your boys made the playoffs.

October 08, 2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

When you people talk about snow, I envy you people. Over here we only have 2 seasons: the dry (summer) and the wet(rainy) and till now we still have hot weather though it rains once in a while.
Thanks for stopping by.

October 08, 2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Snow?

I'm not ready for snow........

Damn winter

October 08, 2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger ohc said...

Hey, I live in the south and they are calling for snow this weekend. Damn. I haven't even settled into fall yet, lol. Guess I could have Frosty the pumpkin? lol.
Stay warm!

October 08, 2006 8:48 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Friday's Child, isn't that funny. Wenchy is from South Africa and she says the same thing about snow. I once was visiting someone in Florida in December. They generally do not get cold enough to get snow. As a treat this one company shipped in a bunch of snow for the companies Christmas Party. This may be the first time they ever saw snow too.

Kristen, I think you are safe. You will just get rain if you get anything. But I am with you, no snow!

I love it, Frosty the Pumpkin works for me OHC. I can not believe it. The next state over from you got clobered with a lot of rain and now this. I would have thought you would have much better weather. This could mean SNOW DAY!

October 08, 2006 9:14 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I love Frosty!

Baseball? I don't like baseball.

Vote? So far, I'm not impressed with any of them.

They said we would have a snow and rain mix here Friday too.

October 09, 2006 8:26 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Hmm...this past weekend was the most beautiful fall weekend I can remember. We were up north and the colors were divine! I'll have to post some pictures. I just wish they were as good as yours.

October 09, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, I agree all the way around.

Sign up North would have been spectacular. I would love to have been there. As to the pictures they are going to be super. I am fortunate, when I take pictures I think I take at least 500. So I am bound to get lucky with a few pictures. Can't wait to see your pictures.

October 09, 2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I cannot get my blogrolling link to say I have updated. I thought it was working again. I guess it is, just not for me.

October 09, 2006 5:10 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign, I know it seems to be shakey. I noticed that at the moment blogrolling is not working at all at least for me. I think they must be having problems.

October 10, 2006 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home