Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Crashing

Last night it was not quit time to call it a night. So I decided to do something dumb. I laid down but I had not turned off the TV or the lights. What was I thinking?

Well a while later I woke up. I could hear that Conan O Brien was on so I had been down for a while. I got up and did I turn things off and go to sleep? Heck no, that would have made sense.

Now here I was unable to sleep staring at my computer. So I messed around a little and Conan went off. The next show came on and went off and finally the one Judge show came on. I think it used to be called Texas Justice. Now this was a weird show when I saw it before. I was not sure what I thought of it. Well the unthinkable happened and it has gotten even more weird.

The judge now has electronics in the courtroom. At one point he as the women in the courtroom to vote on their electronic thing to see what they thought the one person should have done and 97 percent agreed with what was to become his verdict. Another case the put the evidence up on a big screen so everyone could see. What was really crazy was the way the judge was ranting and raving and behaving during the procedure. Bizarre is about all I can say. This brings us to the whole point of today’s post.

This was a case of a fraternity boy verses a fellow fraternity buddy. Or at least they were buddies but not no more. It seems that the former buddy borrowed his Eddie Bower Explorer to go pick up his girlfriend. Now here is where it gets good.

In the process of heading back he got in an accident. The person two in front of him suddenly stopped for no reason. So the next person either was unable to stop or was pushed into the lead person by the Eddie Bower. Either way he hit the car in front of him. He did about $3,000 of damage to the vehicle too. He was being sued for the cost of deductibles. The jerk had the nerve to say that it was not his fault, the person should not have stopped so fast. Now while that is true there are a few facts here.

First when ever you drive a car you are suppose to be in control of that car. You are never suppose to hit someone else and if you do, you best be prepared to pay. Two if you were driving the proper distance away you could have stopped in time anyway if you were not distracted. Three, and this is the important one, when you borrow something you return it in the same shape or better than it was when you borrowed it.

Now is it just me or do you think it is OK to him to have just walked away and not expect to pay to have the car repaired? I think he got off lucky and should have been responsible for the full three grand. He said get your parents to pay for the deductible. Excuse me, you didn’t go there. If he wanted to get out of this he really needed to sue the person that caused the accident to recover what he owed but still it was his responsibility to take care of the automobile he borrowed.

Am I wrong here? I know I very rarely borrow things from people because I do not want to be responsible for it. Somehow I get a little nerves knowing that. When I do borrow something I am extra careful not to screw things up. Is it just me or do you think that guy was clueless? I tell you if that is what people are learning in college these days I think we best rethink our institutions of higher learning.

One last thing I would toss in now that blogger finally let me upload a picture. I received this in email this morning. I thought it was cute. Enjoy.



Ohhh! That was a *horrendous* crash! –The Dukes of Hazzard
10 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

Why oh why do people go on these shows and act so stupid? OMG give me a break if you had the accident weather or not it was your fault pay and shut the hell up!!!!!These people who do these tv court shows are either desprate for attention that they will sue for the stupidist things ever and we all know they were wrong to begin with or they really are that stupid that they expect to get out of it because the judge say so! He borrowed his friends car, he smashed it he should pay! I am always a ton of nerves when I have to borrow someone's property because I fear I will have an accident! And Im extra extra careful but you know sh*t happens!

October 24, 2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, I totally agree with you. When you borrow something you have a duty of care for it.

He should be made to cough up the full amout too.

October 24, 2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

The accident is the guys fault that borrowed the SUV, no excuses. You are suppose to stay far enough back so when the idiot in front of you does something stupid like stop (how dare he stop?) you have room to stop without hitting him. "My judgement is for the Plaintiff in the sum equal to the deductible. Next case!"

October 24, 2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Not quite time to call it a night? Wow! I don't think I've said that in years. When I'm done, I'm done. LMAO

October 24, 2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Ok. Just how late did you stay up, mister?

October 24, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

PS. You'll be getting a call from several intoxicated Buckeyes on game day led by....taaaa daaaaaaa...Me and Ethel. You lucky, lucky, man. LOL!

Promise I will try hard to keep them from singing.

Oh wait...that's me who's not allowed to sing anymore. Ok, I'm in control then.

October 24, 2006 6:16 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Agreed with you..........I absolutely love the picture

October 24, 2006 7:12 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab I know. I think those court shows are just a more civilized form of Jerry Springer. Why you would want to go on any show like that is beyond me. If any of his friends were smart at all they should have told him you are going to lose man.

Suze I am surprised that the insurance company did not go after the person themselves so they would not have to pay anything. It only seems to make sense to me.

Oh BTE, we got to get you into a judge show quick. I think it would be at least as good as any of them, certainly better then the stupid show that Kato Kalin is part of. Lets see, maybe Long Island Justice or Naked Justice or ...

Manny I really wanted to post something for the next day but I had no idea what to post. I ended up laying down and surprise, I woke up 2 hours later. How do you get back to sleep when you already slept 2 hours? I probably ended up staying up another 3 hours and did not even get my post done but at least I saw a stupid program that gave me ideas.

Crabbs, I think after I caught a 2 hour nap, I stayed up until about 3:30. The morning came mighty early I am telling you although in truth I probably did not lose a lot of sleep, it just was broken sleep.

Crabbs I am sure if the Woulverines are losing I will be sorry. But you know what? That makes the game more exciting anyway. The one person I used to call usually is not reachable at that time for some reason. He sure rubs it in good the next day however or continues to hide.

Kristen isn't that cute. I thought that dry post could use something and that turned out to be the ticket.

October 24, 2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

If I awake after 2 hours of sleep, I simply roll over and fall back to sleep.

October 25, 2006 4:54 AM  
Blogger barman said...

That might have worked Manny except I needed to turn the computer off, the TV off, and the lights off. Once I am up I have a hard time getting back to sleep.

October 25, 2006 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home