Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I Got You Covered

If you live anywhere in the mid west I have your back this winter. Why is that you might ask? I mean I am not going to come over your house and clear you snow or anything.

What I am going to do is chase away the snow. That's right, this year the mid west states will not be getting a lot of snow. If you like to cross country or down hill ski, snowshoe, snowmobile or anything else that requires snow you may want to plan to head out of town for a bit because there is not going to be much snow. No Frosty the Snowman either. Here is why.

I live off of a 4 lane road. The snow plow person just loves to burry my double wide driveway. While they are at it they also toss up more than a little snow on the sidewalk which is pretty close to the street. Now I have a single stage snow thrower that does OK on the easy stuff but the foot of the drive way, forget it. So this year I broke down and bought a little larger snow thrower.

This snow thrower is a double stage thrower that can blow snow up to 40 feet. It should be able to handle what the snow plow person throws at me and then some without breaking a sweat if snow throwers sweat. I should be even able to clear the snow away at the curb to keep the mail box and drain clear of snow. First how about a picture of the thrower.


Now two things I hate about my snow thrower before this one. First it was a 2 cycle engine that needs oil mixed in with the gas. Second it is one stage rather than two stage which means sometimes the chute plugs and it does not throw the snow very far. And finally I am always getting a face full of snow. Well the new unit has the first two items covered and I bought a cab to deal with the last one.



OK so now I am all set or at least I will be once I pick up the snow thrower this week sometime. So what does that have to do with you, why are you all covered?

Well you see it is like this. Everyone knows that when you was a car it is going to rain. Well the same is true when someone buys a snow thrower. When you buy something like this especially something this size and with extras (well with an extra, the cab) then you just know it is not going to snow very much at all. Heck I may not even be able to use this unit this season. So now you see how I have the mid west covered. You can thank me later.


Call Mr. Plow, that's my name, that name again is Mr. Plow. --The Simpsons
15 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post, Bryan and how true...we almost sold both of our snowblowers in anticipation of our our move to Florida...sniff, sniff. You know what happened there and we'll get there eventually, but here in SW PA. we get a good bit of snow usually in January and February. Now if you can just keep the snow over your way and away from us that would be really great!

I like the new blower - I think you're gonna give the snow plow a run for his money this winter!

Have a great weekend!
Cheers,
Carol

October 22, 2006 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dream of snow blowers. Can't wait to get one with my bonus!!!

October 22, 2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Carol that is such a shame. Florida will come eventually. Meanwhile I will see what I can do to keep the snow away. I know you guys can get hit with a lot of snow for sure.

Sabatkes, I just might dream of this one. It is not the biggest and it is not filles with the most extras but it will more than take care of what I have. I am sure my neighbor will love it to.

October 22, 2006 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I found your blog through another's, and I've been ejoying reading it!

Second, what I woldn't do to live in a climate where I needed to have a snowblower! I so toally miss living in the Northeast, as I live on the Gulf Coast, just outside of Houston.

I'd trade a hurricane, for a snow storm anyday!

Donna :)

October 23, 2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Welcome Donna. I know what you mean. I know a few people that live in the Houston area and it was scarry durring hurricane season last year. Even worse than normal. At least with our tornadoes it is so scattered. I mean it may take out your neighbors house and not even touch yours. A huricane seems so much more damaging and then try and recover when everyone else is hurting at the same time. I am glad this season has been so much easier for you guys. I must admit I am jealous of your weather other than that.

October 23, 2006 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks so much for your note. And yeah, I did find you through Signgrl -- go figure.

I like to think I"m on the right track. I'm am extrememly determined, and this decision was a long, long, long time coming. I faught it as an option for so long -- much longer than I should have.

For some reason, when the doctors made the suggestion, it was easier to swallow as an option, instead of admitting I was a failure on my own or needed help.

Prayers, good vibes, positive karma, they're all appreciated! I've added you to my Blogroll!

Thanks again,
Donna

October 23, 2006 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We live in Galveston County, where it was mandatory to evacuate when Rita came -- and yeah, getting out was crazy! We were lucky. My company forced me to leave the day before when we heard that GC was going to be evacuated -- my family was safe (I had an 11 month old at that time) and I was thankful. The whole idea taking just your most important belongings and leaving our first brand new home, was just emotionaly draining -- and we didn't have it half as bad as others.

In the end, everythign was good, and I know we were blessed. There were others that weren't so lucky, and I've spent countless hours making efforts on their behalf -- it's that karma thing. What goes 'round, comes 'round.

:)

October 23, 2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Yeah Right! (sarcasium)
If only it worked like that! Now if we end up with a mess of snow can I blame you? lmao!

October 23, 2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Ww, I did not realize the mid west went out so far Gab. OK, I am going to try my best. They are predicting a milder winter than normal I believe.

October 23, 2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You bought a bulldozer! That's what I call my parents (which looks exactly like yours). And guess what? It has hardly snowed in the 3 years since they bought it.

I'll expect a blow job soon! Haha, I meant snow blowing.

October 23, 2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger barman said...

No problem Sign. I promise to let Mr Sign take it for a spin too if we get any snow.

October 23, 2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I want one!

October 24, 2006 3:56 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

OOOOOO. Sign knows me so well! she sent me over to look cuz she knew I'd like it. I like it lots and lots.

October 24, 2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

OK OK since when is MN so far away from Michigan? HUMMMMMMMMMM????????????????????????????????????????????????

October 24, 2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger barman said...

It's funny. Since I bought it sears has had a couple of different sales and one had it at much less off, the other it was not on sale, just it's extended service agreement. I must have been lucky. Manny, I can send you my smaller one.

Crabbs, it seems I remember seeing a picture of you and a snow thower on your blog before. Yep, you at least need that cab. Hey and they even got the color right.

You are not the next state over but the one after that. I did not realize that what they call mid west actually extends one state beyond you too. I guess I am a little clueless.

October 24, 2006 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home