Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, October 27, 2006

Baseball and SignGurl and Drugs, Oh My

OK, that does it... I'm not watching.

I still do not watch major league baseball but ... but it is the world series and the home team is in it. But you see I have been accused of jinxing a team before, my boys the Red Wings. You know after a while I was afraid to watch a game because I did not want to make them lose. I was convinced they were losing because of me.

So now here we are. Detroit is down 3 games to 1. And I have been watching them. Am I jinxing them? I think I am going to have to miss the next game. I am fighting for you guys.

So now what am I going to do with all my free time?


If we do not hear from SignGurl sometime today I will see if I can reach her and see how she is doing. I hate to bother her but inquiring minds...


Wow would you look at that. First KMart offered specials on some generic prescription drugs. Then Walmart started $4 prescriptions for about 300 generic drugs. Then Meijer started to offer free 14 day supply of for 7 generic antibiotics. Now KMart offers $15 for a 90 day supply of certain generic drugs. I don't know about you but that is cheaper than my co-pay and what I pay now. Now I am one of those pill poppers. One prescription is not generic but the other two are. I just might need to check into that. It is about time someone does something about drugs. I sure hope that helps out my parents.


Ahhhhhh more political ads... my ears are bleeding. ENOUGH ALL READY!


Exactly! Temporary. You're nothing but a wannabe, a placebo, a generic brand. Marked-down, over-the-counter, useless Tic-Tac! --Osmosis Jones
7 Comments:
Blogger barman said...

Good for you Denny. You deserve a break. Now if we could only get them to pay you...

October 27, 2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Oh Yea B-Man!
I've been hearing something about that around here! At least the $4 a prescription at Wal-Mart.Haven't heard the one about K-Mart,but that could start an international thing w/ all the drugstores....who knows? I think that is just AWESOME.It's about TIME someone started caring for the people that are REALLY in need!
OK....all you baseball/football/golf etc...fans,HIDE YOUR EYES.I'll prolly get yelled at for this comment.But I fail to see the logic in paying these sports people mega-bucks while our poor elderly struggle monthly with their simple $504.00 monthly Social Security or Disability,and some even paying for their own EXPENSIVE meication,leaving them with absolutely NOTHING to afford groceries or bare necessities.I live in basically a retirement community,and some qualify for their meds to be payed for,while others have to fend for themselves....and are too humble to go ask for assistance....and like my G'ma,before she died.....the state offered her $9.00 a month for food stamps.She was so humble and ashamed,that my AUNT forced her to sign the papers(my aunt filled out).But refused the measly $9!
I love sports like the next person,but I can't understand why our elders are doing without,while the ones that play games live like Kings and Queens!
Go Figure.
OK.I'm off my high horse.(sorry B-man)
Luv Ya!
T.

October 27, 2006 12:08 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Whew! I just HAD to get that off my chest. :-}
I think the nursing home help should be payed as much as a star football player....because it's them that care for our little elderly people that brought us into this world.
OK....I'm REALLY finished ranting now.

October 27, 2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Tammi, I am not sure how universal the KMart thing was. It may be like WalMart, they started in a few states and did not move to Michigan until Miejer started their program here.

As to the spotrs people. I think they deserve to be payed well. They get beat up and their carrer is usually very short lived because they can not keep up with the punishment. I do however think that what they are paying the players now is a sin. There is no way they should be payed so much. What is it that they do that is worth 9 million dollars a year or worse? I happen to think the same of companies CEOs also. Share the money with your workers for heaven sakes.

The nursing home staff, while I do not see them being payed like football players as I think that is absorbadent, I agree they should be payed well. We as a nation should do better by our elderly. Look what they did for us.

October 27, 2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger Roxi said...

byran I need you to give me the jello shot recipe..

roximoon2000@yahoo.com

an employee needs it..

help!

October 27, 2006 2:35 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Roxi, sorry it is so late. I did not see your message right away. You should have something in your email.

October 27, 2006 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flags flying low today since the Tigers lost the Series.
We still can hang our heads high because they ARE the ALCS champs!!

I've never understood why we or our health plans have to pay $100 for a prescription and you can go to Mexico or Canada and the same pills cost 3-5 dollars.
Why are we(US)citizens carrying the brunt of the costs?

These new low prices sound great, I actually heard a political commentor saying this was a bad thing..oh yeah, had to be a Republican..yes it was.(frown)

October 28, 2006 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home