Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day Stuff


DID YOU???!!!???

Today I was once again reminded that life is short. I decided to take advantage of my day off and go out to breakfast.

Side issue, I over heard that there was a change in election procedures today. They are anticipating a lot of voters this time, more than normal for a mid term election. To alleviate the anticipated crowd they have decided to allow Republicans to vote today and ask Democrats to wait until tomorrow to vote. I take it the owner of the restaurant who said this is Republican.

Anyway, I was on my way back from a restaurant. I was in a hurry to get home as that coffee was working a real number on me when all of a sudden I came up on a traffic backup. This was interesting as I was only 2 to 3 miles from home. Anyway here I am planning an alternate route, a super computer could not be more efficient (I had to go). I finally picked my alternate. Through a Red Robbins parking lot, segway into a Krogers parking lot, onto the road heading to the problem area and then short cut through a strip mall parking lot and I am home free.

Executing my master plan I finally saw what was wrong. The intersection was filled with fire trucks, rescue vehicles, a few polices cars and a very damaged car. Now I think this person probably survived but here was this person, probably heading to the grocery store, and most likely they were T-Boned by someone running a red light which brings us to the next thing.


Here in mid Michigan, probably all throughout Michigan we have a big problem. People are constantly running red lights. I do not mean every now and then. I would guess that I rarely see a light go by without someone running a red light, most often it is "pink" but still they ran a red light. So how about you? Do you see very many people running a red light in your neck of the woods?


I saw something that made me real mad. This is not the only time I have seen in. So far I have only seen the Democrats do it but I would imagine the Republicans are just as guilty. What I saw was a Republican Governor sign sandwiched between two Democrat Governor signs (see bellow). The signs were 1 foot away from the center sign. I so wanted to stop and pull the two Democrat signs and leave them on the ground. Now let me explain something. If this had been reversed I would have been equally as upset and wanted to pull the two Republican signs. We do not need extreme politics here. Extreme politics are for the PARTY ONLY, not for anything else. Damn that makes me so angry. What about you and I the people?


I think I should go take some Valium and lay down for a little while. I hope you exercised your right to vote or will be voting today.


Look at this, 17 percent of the vote officially tabulated right now. Based on those numbers as well as CNN exit poll numbers, CNN is now ready to project a winner in this race. John Kerry. --CNN Presents
9 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

I voted. I agree the sign thing was shady.

Come out and play!

November 07, 2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

The sign thing is done by everyone. It's really not a reflection on the candidate, just means the person hanging the signs is an ass. Running red lights is a big thing here too. I think that's why there is a delay between the light turning red and other light turning green.

November 07, 2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Roxi said...

honey.. no one actually looks at those signes other then to make fun of them.

like angerer..

how do you say that????

hehe..

btw..

I saw a guy just blast through a red light today.. I wrote down his license plate number and was gonna report it.. but I didnt.. now I am thinking maybe I should

November 07, 2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uh huh. I voted. But I didn't see any signs..(just kidding, there were tons, as usual). I just don't pay them any attention, just like I don't take any literature they hand out at the polls or listen to their final feeble attempts to sway my vote. If you don't already have your mind made up before you get there, SHAME ON YOU!

Have a great day!

November 07, 2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Carol I agree. I have seen this going on for some time. It is not nice. When I went to vote I saw people studying the sample ballots before voting. I made up my mind a while ago and did my last studying up on things on Sunday. I do not pay attention to the calls, the commercials or the signs. I am just so glad it is almost over.

You know Roxi, I do not know if it will make any difference but you will feel better reporting it. I just do not get why people do it. They are going to kill someone some day.

Tony I know it is not the candidates. It could be the people that help them with the campaign or just the neighborhood people. What I would like to know is why do they think it is OK to take away someones choices. That is not what we stand for. Oh well, politics are just not right.

Hi Manny. Play... Lets see, OK.

November 07, 2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

YES! I did...

November 07, 2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Gold star for you Brighton and everyone else that voted.

November 07, 2006 6:48 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

OMG running red lights is the norm around here. Since I came back here Im more paranoid than ever. Im one of the ones who you all hong at cause Im still sitting at a green light. Why Im making damn sure no one is still coming. Ok well if Im first in line that is. although I have seen them run a red light even when our side has been green for quite awhile.
I voted!

November 07, 2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

ok honk even! lol

November 07, 2006 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home