Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

He Lost

Well my friend lost his election last night. He ended up with 44 percent of the vote. Considering he was running as a Republican and considering how yesterday was a big Democratic wave it is not surprising. It is a shame, I think he would have severed well as county commssioner.

He and his wife dragged me along to the local Republican meeting spot. From the very beginning it was somewhat somber. Some of the first returns they received was from a very conservative district and they did not look good. One of the people there very quietly said to my friend that it was going to be a blood bath tonight.

Well there was very little excitement last night. There were a lot of seriously depressed people and that was the people that were taking it well. There were a few winners among the crew but not many.

While Jim was mingling I found out why I was there. Well partially I wanted to be there for my friend but also I was able to catch up with his wife so she was not a political widow just kind of hanging out.

Well yesterday was certainly interesting. It would appear that what they are saying happened yesterday was not that the Democrats had this big sweep. What happened was a bunch of center minded Democrats were winning yesterday. I have always thought that this is where things belong, not so hung up on party but more emphasis on the people. It should be interesting to see how the next 2 to 4 years play out.

Yesterday was kind of nice for me. My prior job I did a lot of data slinging. We had many things the company did but one thing we were known for was our political polling and exit polling. They were good, they just knew the state that well. Election day was always so exciting. So yesterday I got to relive a little of that and satisfy some of my inner geek even though no one felt much like celebrating.

It is amazing how big the turnout was. People were really turning out and voicing their opinion. The process just might have a chance of working but only time will tell. I sure hope reality does not set in and I am all disappointed again.

Happy hump day.


Your understanding of politics is limited to who won the election on 'Sesame Street'. --Saved by the Bell
3 Comments:
Blogger KJ said...

Happy Hump Day to You too

November 08, 2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

Happy Hump Day to you too Bryan. Sorry about the defeat your friend suffered. I just hope these elected officals get the job done and done right with what is best for all of us and not just for some. I hate elections and i'm glad it's overwith. It felt good to get out there and do my part in this election. Guess we all just sit back and see what happens now.

Have a great day.

November 08, 2006 1:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I'm sorry your friend lost, Bryan, but I'm enervated by the way Americans voted yesterday. Just goes to show you can never rest on your laurels, so to speak, and that everything old does, in fact, turn new again.

Happy Hump Day to you too...

November 08, 2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home