Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My oh My What a Weekend I Had

I suppose it could have been much more exciting but for me this is like 2 months of excitement packed into a few days. Now let me apologize to anyone with a slow Internet connection as this is going to contain a lot of photos. Also since there are so many photos (18 I believe) I am going to split this into two posts. So, shall we begin?

Friday started out with news about my favorite football coach having pass on. I will not go into that here but here it so Mr Schembechler. Friday evening was Silver Bells in Lansing which is basically a big electric light parade, tree lighting and fireworks with lots of other activities on top of that. So here we have one of the more fun lit up vehicles.




Of course what parade would be complete without bands and they were lit up to. I have this fixation with clarinets and flutes because of my high school band days so....




And here we have another perfect float for the Christmas theme.




And of course what Christmas type parade would be complete without Santa Claus?




How about a firework picture and a tree picture. Of course this being held in the Capitol city we had to get the dome in the picture.



Update: For anyone interested, here is the local newspaper articale about it. It had a much better picture of the fireworks. See what you can do when you know wjhat you are doing.

That takes care of part one. On to part two...
2 Comments:
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, I now feel like Christmas is on it's way. What a wonderful display and that tree is huge. :)

November 21, 2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi Suze, it is a fun thing to see and yes, the tree is fairly good size. I believe they are saying it is 60 feet tall and weighs in at 6,000 pounds.

I am not quit in the Christmas spirit as I am still busy trying to get things done around the house but I sure am getting there. I think I need to go find me a choir somewhere that is singing Christmas songs. If they allow an occasional sing along that would be super too. Now that would get me in the mood.

November 21, 2006 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home