Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Being Used?

I love to lend a hand to people I know when possible. You need a hand moving, I can do that. Need some help with your computer… well I do not know everything but I will do my best. Need to borrow a tool, what ever I have you can borrow if you treat it well. But this message is a little different.

Do you have those friends where every time you see them they are constantly asking you to do something for them? I have one of the friends. Every time I come over his house he has at least something he wants to be done on the computer. Now that might be OK but this is an old enough machine that every time you touch it the computer breaks. I spend 4 hours minimum trying to get things working again. I really do not want to touch his machine again. I really feel like all that is happening is I am being used.

Now up to this point you may have agreed with me. You may have even said that sounds familiar but now here is where I lose you I bet. My friend is blind. Does that make a difference? Well to me it does not. We have been friends for ¾ of our life so I am used to treating him just like anyone else as it should be. But blind or not blind I do not think it is right for someone to use someone else period.

I will try and put up a much more pleasant post before tonight since I am back from Thanksgiving now. I hope everyone had a good time. I have only read a couple of people's posts. I think I got some catching up to do.



She said she was just using me for sex –All Saints
8 Comments:
Blogger Crabby said...

YES. Yes, I do have friends like that and they can drain the life out of you blind, deaf, or limbless. I don't care. LOL! Sometimes enough is enough.

Nobody has the right to use a friend over and over again like that.

November 28, 2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi Crabs. Maybe I should tell him to get a Macintosh. I have not supported one of those in ages, probably 12 to 15 years. Then I could say I do not know how to support it and mean it. :) I know, you say it would not have problems to begin with.

November 28, 2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Being used, not matter who the user is, is wrong! Could you gently tell him he needs a new computer?

November 28, 2006 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right. But you have to set the boundaries with some folks. Does he know you feel like this? A hard topic to talk about with the person you're having the issue with, but ultimately worth it in the end.

November 28, 2006 5:26 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Actually, truth be told, with a Mac, there really isn't any need for support. LOL! They're just that good.

November 28, 2006 5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends, like any relationship should be a two way street.
When it ceases to flow back/forth between 2 people one gets the feelings like you are experiencing.

One's handicap shouldn't be an excuse to not give back.
tc

November 28, 2006 6:31 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Yes I have friends like that. I just say no.

November 28, 2006 8:18 PM  
Blogger S said...

Of course now I am wondering what a blind person does with a computer, and NO, he may not take advantage of you because he is blind.
The blindness he cant help, the taking advantage of a friend, that has to go!

December 01, 2006 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home