Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, December 01, 2006

The Internet is Down/Six Things About Me

From home at least. We are closed at work so I am heading home to deal with the ice and approaching snow. Hopefully my Internet connection will be working again soon so I can make a real post.

In case it is not let me just wish everyone a great weekend.

==================================================================

I have been tagged. I did something similar to this before I realized I was tagged. Here goes.

Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about you”. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog. Well I am afraid I may participate in tags but I just do not tag people. Feel free to tag yourself if you like. Here is my 6 things.



I am a techi fan big time. Lets say we go to a play (which I love to do by the way). You may notice the actors or the lines, or who knows what about the play. Me, I am paying attention to the lighting, how crisp the changes are, do the spots follow properly? How is the sound. On and on, I live for that stuff. I have only helped out with sound and light a handful of times but I do have a big mixer board, a snake, microphones, microphone stands, recorders ... I used to tape open microphone nights for a friend.

I have always been overweight for all my life except for a couple of times. I am such a yo-yo dieter.

I am not a huge sports person but I do have my favorites. To watch, I love the NHL and Saturday College Football. To participate, I love volleyball, racquetball, wallyball, and more recently cornhole. Oh I so forgot curling.

I have come a long ways and have a pretty good job but I have never received a college degree.

I started wearing glasses for being near sighted at a very early age. I was very hard on my glasses, when I could find them that is. I finally got good about always putting them in the same place and I also got a pair of metal rim glasses that really stood up to my punishment. About 5, 6 years ago I had LASIK done on my eyes. It has so been worth it. I have 20/20 in one eye and 30/20 in the other I believe. It is funny however, I developed habits from wearing glasses and contacts. When it is raining I look down so as not to get it on the lense. When I get my hair cut I close my eyes to keep from getting a stray hair under my contacts. I probably will always do that.

I have always loved music. In 8th grade I joined the band and the conductor talked my parents into having me play french horn. I never was any good as I played third and fourth chair parts all but for 2 days at band camp when I was first chair. That got corrected fast Once out of band I got a keyboard and play around with it even if it is only 1 or 2 fingers at a time. I also have a flute I dig out every now and then and play around with. I really need to get into playing with midi.


If I could offer one piece of advice to the planet, it would be this: Don't marry for looks alone, and I'll tell you why. In a few years, when Barbara's boobs start sagging, she can get plastic surgery, have them lifted, move the nipple wherever. You can actually go to a titty bar, pick out a set of titties and say, "I want those titties on that woman." If her belly gets too big, she can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If her vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If her hearing goes bad, they can install a device in her ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. --Ron White: You Can't Fix Stupid

Labels:

3 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Where did our snow go?

December 01, 2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I know. I came home and got all the ice off the cement and ... nothing. Boy did they miss call this one. And all the schools were closed too.

December 01, 2006 7:10 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Oh no! Not another techi person, Alex is just the same with the lighting and stuff. Maybe you two should meet up and talk this over together.

Very interesting answers, I particularly like the footnote, so true...

December 04, 2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home