Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, December 08, 2006

The Crazy World of Barman

A friend of mine went to see a concert yesterday. She went to see Aerosmith. She has seen them once a while back and really enjoyed it. I am sure she will have a great time.

Now all this started me thinking. I would love to see a concert. I have not seen all that many in the past. We have Boston, Joe Jackson, many concerts but Chicago, The Romantics. Yes I was a child of the 70s. One band that I hear puts on a great concert is Peter Frampton. I love Frampton, I have since the album Frampton Comes Alive back in 1976.

So I start doing my research. I look up an official Frampton web site. We they are still performing and they even released an album recently. I bring up Music Match and listen to the album while I continue my research.

It seems that have tours listed through some time in May and the will be stopping in Indianapolis, Indiana on April 14. Well I let that sit for a while but last night I woke up and could not get back to sleep so I started scheming. I am 4 hours away from Indy. Making a 4 hour trip down there for the concert might be able to be done but coming back that same day just will not happen. That would mean a stay somewhere. We have 8 hours of gas to think about. I do not see being able to drag someone down there to see that concert. I mean near by maybe, but not under the circumstances. I have the Kentucky Derby Festival coming up that I will be down for anyway but that would not be for a few weeks but still. What if I were to drive to and visit with friends after the concert and stay the weekend in Louisville. Then fly home and return when I would normally be driving down.


No more sleeping. I pull up the ticket info and about $270 dollars later and much twisting I just do not know. That is a lot of money. Maybe I will just put that in the back of my mind and see if anything changes. Also maybe when they add more stops they will come up to Michigan and make things a whole lot easier. It is funny, before all this planning, making a trip to Detroit for a concert sounded like way to much work. Now however I am looking at it as only being 2 hours away and Grand Rapids would be even closer. I might even be able to drag someone with me. Oh the possibilities.

Maybe I should just do our Common Ground event that hits Lansing every year. They usually have at least a few bands that I really like. Hummmm...

Don’t mind me, my mind is over tired and obviously in need of something. Maybe some common sense. Welcome to my scary mind..


I know what high people look like. I went to a Seals and Crofts concert last summer. --Freaks and Geeks
4 Comments:
Blogger barman said...

Denny that would have been great. I will have to take you along to see if you can work miracles.

Now we just need to find what to see. As long as it is not rap, I can be flexible.

December 08, 2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I would wait. He's bound to come to Michigan. 4 hours is a long way. Just my 2 cents again.

December 08, 2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

I agree with Sign. I would wait too. Eventually he'll come through Michigan.

Tell ya who I saw that put on a really good show. Rod Stewart. I wasn't particularly interested in going cause I have heard some of his songs so many times they got old. LOL! But that was back in the day when Bob still did the client outings and I kind of had to go to keep the other guys wife entertained.

Not only was it a good concert but this gal and I had the best time! We were outa control. Not however, as much out of control as the lady in the first row who flashed Rod and ended up on the monitors in front of the whole audience. YEEK!

December 08, 2006 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all that water drinking has gotten to you bryan.lol

I have developed an aversion to large crowds(it's not a phobia yet)so I get my concerts on DVD from Borders/Amazon.com
No long lines at the bathroom, you can drink beer if you want and not have to worry about driving home.

I found this Frampton DVD from pine knob in 2000.
It might satisfy you until he comes to town.

http://www.amazon.com/Peter-Frampton-Live-Detroit/dp/6305837074/sr=1-1/qid=1165692528/ref=sr_1_1/102-8497826-1780963?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

December 09, 2006 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home