Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, December 04, 2006

Back to Business

OK, enough being lazy. I was trying to get a few things done in my never ending garage project so I could get the boards I have outside back in the garage before the snow hit. I managed to get that done so time for an update.

Boy the garage is coming along nicely finally. I think it should be ready for me to finally park back in the garage. Yea.

The diet has been postponed a day as I was not ready so with luck that will start tomorrow. I am pretty excited. I get to eat like a thousand meals a day of course each meal is pretty small. With luck the exercise will start tomorrow too. Nothing fancy, just something to get me started.

I ordered what will end up being a Christmas present of sorts. I am paying for a little over half of it but that is OK. It will allow me to take flash pictures over 40 feet away, possibly 90 feet. No one will be safe now. The main reason I am getting this is for taking candid pictures of people indoors. Typically I am far enough away that people do not see me and they act natural. I so love the candid pictures. They especially are nice at a wedding. So if you ever see a blinding light off in the distance in the direction of Michigan in the United States, don’t worry, it is just me. Now all I have to do is save up for my lense. It is more expensive than the camera and the flash put together but it will be worth it. I am going to need my weight training to make sure I can handle that lense. It is a 70mm/200mm continuous F2.8 canon lense. I have used it a couple of times and the is one sweet lense.

Work went well finally. I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with a program I wrote. No one has complained but the program has logged error and three separate peoples machines, each on a separate day. There are about 45 people running to. Finally today I think I figured out what the problem could be. I started to make the change and should be testing and forcing and update sometime tomorrow. Sometimes I hate working on computer programs. Other times it is very rewarding. Today was one of the good days. Now if only I could write something to make me rich.

Well back to the garage. If you have an idea for a winning program to write, please let me know. There will be a finders fee, promise.


Uh, I think I got better things to do than watch a bunch of cheerleaders flash their panties at brain-dead jocks. –Joan of Arcadia
11 Comments:
Blogger KJ said...

Hey look.........I'm first!!!!!

December 04, 2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger barman said...

But of course Kristen. I know, I better come up with a beter post tomorrow.

December 04, 2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

What diet are you trying?

I'm scared of the flash!

December 04, 2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I know but if I took a picture of you from 40 foot away you might do OK. It the situation arises Sign, we will have to give it a try.

The diet/exercise is based on the books Eating for Life and Body for Life. I think they focus on a lot more protien and a lot lower carbs, especially certain carbs although they allow backed potatoes. I only know enough to start. I will get the books in a week and will learn more than. I will not lose as fast as you did but it could be exciting. I hope you are doing your walking!

December 04, 2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

A different program? Yeah Im right on that. Oh lets see wait maybe not seeing how I crash my computer more times than carter has pills! Good luck on the garage.

December 05, 2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Flasher!

Ahhhhhhh ah ah ah ah


I have an idea!

December 05, 2006 3:49 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab the system is already a lot less crashable. I do not know. Maybe we can get you an etcher sketch like I have seen in a punch like somewhere.

Manny, cute. I wondered what you were talking about being a flasher. Well yes I will be. My old one (that does not work for this camera) was a big one. I wonder what I will have now. I will need to talk with you. Idea's, this might be scarry.

December 05, 2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Barman, if it's as cold there as it is here, how can you stand working in the garage. I'm freezin my buns off every time I go out with the dog.

December 05, 2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Well I think I have brain freeze, the hard way crabbs.

December 05, 2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hey you start that diet whenever you are ready, and dont call it a diet! Just say you are making some changes in your eating habits. It doenst sound so bad that way, and really, it's true!

Good luck with the garage...sigh, I wish I had one of those.....half million dollar homes dont come with garages, dontcha know? LOL

December 05, 2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Keep thinking about 35-to-1, that will help you stick to your diet. ;-)

December 06, 2006 12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home