Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, January 05, 2007

False Alarm and Other Stuff

OK, the 21 pounds was a bit premature. I lost a ton of weight when I weighed in on Wednesday. I can accept that. Than the next day I lost a ton of weight AGAIN. That I could not accept. I was very worried. I made a little adjustment on today I gained back some. I think what actually happened I was very dehydrated on Thursday and I think I am holding water today. Anyway false alarm. I think I will wait a few days and see where I am.


Boy don't know what it was but I had a much harder time exercising today and kept going above my target heart zone. I had to keep slowing down on the elliptical. Maybe it was a bad hair day only this was a bad fitness day.


I have always had these interesting things happen at everywhere I work. You know where someone asks for something unreasonable to be done and it needs to be done yesterday. Well it happened again and the fun thing about it, I heard about it indirectly on the street. I was walking to another building and someone else I work with that is in a different division was talking about what his boss was asked to do. Well it turns out they should be involved but so should my division. So I passed that onto my boss. He contacted his boss and sure enough, we need it done and we need it done by Wednesday. So my boss contacted our vendor, so did I though email. Today we started things rolling. There is no way this will be done before next month but at least things are moving in the right direction. I just do not undertand why things like this keep happeneding. Is it me somehow?


I think I am going to try Open Office. I love spreadsheets and my main computer at home only has WordPerfect on it. I think it is time to get me a spreadsheet. Right now I want to use it to track my weight loss as I have not seen anything do what I want it to do. I already have a fairly complex collections of sheets for and it does what I want. Besides other things I wanted a graph that showed my current weight but also showed my goal weight. Actually I set two goals. One is lose a pound a week. The other goal is lose more weight, I won't say how much. By charting all three weights I can see visibly how I am doing. I did this before and it was very motivating.


Sorry I am talking about weight stuff again. I said I was not going to do that but it has consumed me this week. I will do better. Well I best check out what the photo hunt is this weekend.


Talk about premature jubilation. You, gentlemen might want to see a doctor about that. --Charmed
8 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

Do not weigh in every day. it'll make you crazy. Try once a week, same day, same time, and nekkid.

REMEMBER!!!!!! Muscle weigh's more then fat, you are building some muscle on the eliptic so DO NOT get discoured!!!!

January 06, 2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

A friend told me once that a few smaller work outs a day is just as good as one long one. As long as your heart rate get's up there.


AND...STRETCH!!!!

January 06, 2007 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting to learn Pilates...I hope it works and I can stick with it. I took some photos of myself and hung them...I hate looking at them and can't wait to see a difference next month when I take more....wish me luck on my weight loss....I'm rooting for you too!!!

January 06, 2007 5:03 PM  
Blogger Zephyr said...

I weigh myself in the morning, naked, and before I eat or drink anything. If I forget and eat, I just skip weighing. I forget about half the time!

But if you DO weigh daily, you may want to change your spreadsheets to include a running average... say a 5 day average weight. That will help eliminate the fluctuations and give a more accurate picture of the downward trend. And remember... drinking LOTS of water is one important part of the Eating for Life plan. :)

I seem to be losting about 1-3 lbs a week, which is fine for me. I had a fairly healthy diet before starting this, and didn't have all that much to lose anyway, so this is far easier than I anticipated. I'm actually eating more food and losing weight... I love it!

And bbsgirl... if you see this... Pilates is great for toning muscles, but don't count solely on it for weight loss. I did it for over a year, and I learned that you need aerobic exercise as well to really see the benefit of the Pilates. Plus... if you have any back problems, be careful, as it is very hard on the lower back. But it's a great start, and will do an incredible job tightening your ab muscles. If you want to get rid of fat on your abs, be sure to do the aerobic stuff as well. Good luck with it! :)

January 06, 2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny thanks. I knew about the workouts but I am sure I can get through a 20 minutes workout. If I don't than there is danger I will not do it. There are times, however, that that would come in handy.

As to weighing everyday I actually like it. It gives me feedback so I know what is bad and I can avoid it in the future and fix what I am doing before it results in a bad week. This was just weird. I had 2 days, back to back, that I lost 6 pounds. Once I can accept especially since I was still losing what I had put on over New Years Eve but the second day, no way. Anyway, thank you.

January 06, 2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny thanks. I knew about the workouts but I am sure I can get through a 20 minutes workout. If I don't than there is danger I will not do it. There are times, however, that that would come in handy.

As to weighing everyday I actually like it. It gives me feedback so I know what is bad and I can avoid it in the future and fix what I am doing before it results in a bad week. This was just weird. I had 2 days, back to back, that I lost 6 pounds. Once I can accept especially since I was still losing what I had put on over New Years Eve but the second day, no way. Anyway, thank you.

January 06, 2007 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryan that's fantastic about your weight loss and exercise.
Keep at it buddy.
tc

January 07, 2007 7:51 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, we all have good days and bad days at the gym. I think everyone experiences the same lack of energy from time to time.

You keep it up, you are doing so well.

January 08, 2007 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home