Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Start

I have been all busy trying to knock a few items off my list for New Years. I certainly have not got eveything done but I put a good dent in it.


One of the items I somewhat finished it the garage, Now it is not done. I still need to hang a storage rack from the ceiling so I can get my card tables out of the way and, the one thing you do not see in the two above pictures is my one corner of the garage. It is next on the docket after I get my foyer in order. That way I can hopefully store all the stuff in the garage that is where a car needs to park. I probably will get one more storage unit to. This whole thing has proven to be much more work than I thought but at last I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

I have an elliptical trainer all put together and I have used it for the past two mornings. I have to hit it yet this morning. I am so out of shape that I am taking it slow. Only 20 minutes at a fairly low intensity. None the less it is enough to get my heart into the target zone so that is good.

The new way of eating is going pretty well. I splurged for new years eve and I had to take that back off. Over all I am down 15 pounds from when I started part way through December. Only problem is I under ate yesterday. I can really see it on the scales today. I felt hungry part of the day. With Eating for Life that should not be. So I will be adjusting today. I will get this figured out yet.

I have several mini goal weights. My first one, I am not sure what it is or when it will happen. Right now I am large enough that I have to shop at specialty stores. My first mini goal is to be able to shop at any store once again. I am guessing that will occure some time in late January. My second mini goal will be to lose 32 pounds. That should happen by mid February. My next mini goal beyond that will be 66 pounds total which I should be at around Easter time frame. This will be a very rewarding mini goal as I have a suit that I have only worn twice that I should fit into at that point. I bought it tight and then gained weight after that. I have many mini goals after that. All the goals after that are much easier to get to but still, it should be a fun year.

OK, off to hit the elliptical. I sure can't wait to were I look forward to exercising once again. Any day now.

Oh by the way, I hate to even bring it up but we have only had about 3 inches of snow so far this season. We are down at least 10 inches so far although we are ahead of the game as far is parcipitation is concerned. There is only a snow shower or two forcasted in the next 7 days but no real snow. See, I told you buying a new snow blower would keep the snow away.


When my first husband left me I was so angry I wanted to cut his brake cables... but instead we ended up having sex on the elliptical machine. --Bewitched

Labels:

9 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

Bryan,

I wish you nothing but luck on the diet. It's hard to do, but the end results will be worth it. Keeping busy like you have been is the secret. Making plans and carrying them out will keep your mind off food. I love that your setting mini goals for yourself. That's a realistic approach to successful weight loss.

You'll do it!

Best Wishes for a great New Year.

Cheers!

January 03, 2007 11:36 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Wow, I'm so proud of you....

I admire you for making the committment to exercise and diet. You'll reach your goals.

January 03, 2007 6:51 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Carol. I find setting the mini goals give me something to shoot for. It makes it seem less overwhelming somehow.

I also love to have a plan in place because that allows me to daily or even weekly know how I am doing. I set up a graph. If I get above the line I am in trouble and need to work hard to get back where I belong. If I am below then I have some breathing room. This lets me keep on track. Now if I can only figure out how to keep it off when I am done.

Thanks Kristen. I still am not 100 percent committed but I am almost there. I can not wait to see where I am the end of June. I have a wedding somewhere in Kentucky (Lexington or Louisville I expect) on June 30. I would love to look good for that wedding.

January 03, 2007 7:14 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Way to go with the elliptical. I used a treadmill years ago and really got into it. I watched TV while running which made it a lot easier to tolerate the exercise part.

January 03, 2007 7:47 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I have been hitting my treadmill and working with my weights again.

I do 50 minutes on the treadmill and another 25 with weights. My goal is 20 lbs.


I'm really not dieting, but I have to admit I'm back to eating beets and cottage cheese for lunch.

January 03, 2007 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are making me look bad! LOL Just kidding. I do need to excersie but with my back the way it is lately its hard just to sit here at the computer to read or comment. Thats why I havent been around. But on a happier note Im glad your doing so well.

January 03, 2007 8:31 PM  
Blogger barman said...

BTE, I have been having the radio on for now. I like my morning show with the news and tid bits. I may progress to TV at some point. I know back when I was on WW I used to go to the gym and the TVs really helped time pass. Thanks.

Manny, be sure you are taking some days off to give your body a chance to build back up. Good for you on the exercise. For me the big thing is eating a portion not 3 portions or more like the resteraunts serve you. For me I was drinking a bit of regular pop too so that had to go or drink diet. For the most part I would rather do without.

Gab, to bad you can not do water aerobics. It takes so much weight off of the joints and back and makes exercise so much more possible. I really enjoyed it the last time I did it.

January 03, 2007 9:32 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

My body has had plenty of days off. LOL That's why I'm in the shape I'm in.

January 04, 2007 6:48 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Me too Manny. I did not always look this bad.

January 04, 2007 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home