Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, September 28, 2007

A Plethora of Stuff but no 55

I love doing the 55Flash Fiction Fridays but I am afraid I am out of it and can not get the creative juices flowing. Something about leaving work at 1 am last night just zaps everything.

The last few days have been insane. Work is very demanding and yet we may soon find ourselves working without pay for a little while. At least I will still have a job I think. Oh that and I think I may actually have Sunday off... woohoo.

The grass kept getting longer and longer until finally Wednesday was time to cut the lawn. It normally takes me around 45 minutes or so. This time it took me over 3 hours. Now if I could only get to the trimming. But my now it looks so much more spiffy.

The diet really is not a diet yet but it is going OK. I think I lost about another pound but other than Wednesday I have not been able to find much time to be all that active so it has been tough. I am almost afraid to hit the scales as I ate more than I should yesterday. Oh that and I had a beer. Got to have a beer, the Red Wings were on TV at the bar we took a break at. Beer and hockey, ah!

The glucose numbers have been very good and were even outstanding the day after cutting the lawn. I have never seen them so low. I paid a price however as I think it dipped a little low on Wednesday. Even my number this morning is not bad at all. So yes, I have not been misbehaving. And I have to tell you that is no fun what so ever.

I can not believe I did not even make it around checking everyone out for HNT and probably will not make it around for 55Flash Fiction Friday but I am on my way back into work soon. Tonight with any luck I will probably be off work at 9:00 as the second shift takes over. Maybe I can come out and play later.

Missed the bloggers abuse awareness day (sorry don't know what this was actually called). I need to wander a little and check that out. Such a worthy cause.

My poor game boards are on hold until maybe Sunday when I have some time.

We are just starting to get some color around here as the trees are starting to turn for the fall. Michigan is a lovely area, especially this time of the year. I will see if I can get a few snap shots to post. I need to the sun to be out to get a decent picture and I have been more or less at work all the time when the sun is out so it may not happen until Sunday.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and remember Carpe Diem ... seize the fish or is that sieze the mommy jeans? ... oops, I believe that is Seize the Day! How cool is that? I just found out where that phrase came from. It is from a Latin poem by Quintus Horatius Flaccus , Horace to you and I. Below is the English translation. I believe in planning for the future but I love what this simple little phase says ... live life now more or less.


Leuconoe, don't ask — it's dangerous to know —
what end the gods will give me or you. Don't play with Babylonian
fortune-telling either. Better just deal with whatever comes your way.
Whether you'll see several more winters or whether the last one
Jupiter gives you is the one even now pelting the rocks on the shore with the waves
of the Tyrrhenian sea--be smart, drink your wine. Scale back your long hopes
to a short period. Even as we speak, envious time
is running away from us. Seize the day, trusting little in the future.
23 Comments:
Blogger Little Wing said...

Barman, again, we would come here and sit and wait quietly, just to feel your presence.
'Cause we are funny that way.
We are your loyal friends!

September 28, 2007 12:14 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

awwW you really have to work hard! but yes! Thank God about the job..for small mercies.

I hope you will be able to get some time off for yourself soon!

Wonder what was this bloggers abuse awareness day !?!

Am glad to hear it was nothing major health wise!

September 28, 2007 1:15 PM  
Blogger lime said...

well i am glad the doc's office went well and that you feel like youare making good progress. keep up the good work and get some rest when you have a chance.

September 28, 2007 1:37 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

I hate doing the lawn, I love watching the yard crew do it though ; )
Have a great weekend!!

September 28, 2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Barman!

Hello!!

I'm glad things seem to be looking up healthwise.

I know that with me, if I look at the word 'diet' as a noun and not a verb...it helps.

If I look at my diet as an entire entity upon itself which I create, it is easier to make my diet what I want it to be.

If I look at it as diet-ing. Something I HAVE to do in order to be healthy it seems like such a horrible, awful chore for which I have about as much motivation to complete as I do to clean my toilet.

Anyhow, try red wine instead of beer now and again. It's damned yummy AND good for you. And you still get a HELL of a buzz. It's really fun opening the bottles. Plus it goes really well with lean red meat or healthy grilled salmon. Yum. I had salmon today. Delish.

I love your whole thing about Carpe Diem. It's truly inspiring and for that I thank you.

September 28, 2007 7:08 PM  
Blogger snowelf said...

Breathe Sweetie! It's the weekend at last!! Spoil yourself with good food and kindness.

I'd totally come and mow your lawn if you lived closer to me. I love yard work. :)

I fell in love with Latin in High School and that is such an awesome phrase!
"Veni, vidi, vici." is great too!

(I came, I saw, I conquered.)

--snow

September 28, 2007 8:17 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

What a very nice place you have here. I want to say hurray for you on your diet and on not giving up. I remember looking over here once and seeing your number of pounds lost... it inspired me. I haven't really lost anything, but I've been fighting the good fight, eating right (no snacks, no BAD foods) (and I know what they are LOL) but the biggest change is that I've been exercising - walking 3 miles every few days around our reservoir. It is hard, but great. Thanks for the neat post - happy to hear about your glucose count.

September 29, 2007 12:22 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Bryan...I feel your pain son. Hows about I write a 55 for YOU!!

He visits, he's kind, he treats you Royal.
His heart is huge, he's fiercly loyal!
When your so depressed you want to sink, he'll cheer you up with a "feel good" link.
He always aids a helpless Car-Man,
Here's to my friend The Famous Barman!!
You were my very first visitor...You Rock Bryan!!

September 29, 2007 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope things settle down for you, it looks like they still haven't compromised on the budget yet, I think they should ALL be fired.
Take care buddy
tc

September 29, 2007 1:04 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Awwwww....

Galen!

That is awesome!!!


Awwwww....

No worries, though, Barman. I didn't write one this week either. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't.

xo

September 29, 2007 4:02 PM  
Blogger S said...

LOL Seize the mommy jeans, indeed, you tramp!

Were gonna visit you anyway, with or without 55.
(You know, there's always the big cheat of bolding 55 words within that post and calling it your 55!

September 29, 2007 9:49 PM  
Blogger S said...

I think Strumpets right on there, anything that's yummy AND damned good for you, with fun opening bottles and provides a buzz, well, count me in!

September 29, 2007 9:52 PM  
Blogger Flash said...

Everybody needs a day off man. The juice can't flow all the time...

September 30, 2007 12:31 AM  
Blogger wisdomstuff said...

Love your little dog at the top of the page.

September 30, 2007 1:34 AM  
Blogger barman said...

HELP, I AM BEING HELD HOSTAGE AT WORK!

Unofficially I have been here 14 hours, officially I have been here 12 hours. (I came in 2 hours early so I could get to my parking spot as there was a city event going on that would have prevented me from getting to my parking spot). I am tired. I want to eat right. I want to go home and get some sleep. Oh well...

September 30, 2007 3:59 AM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

We love ya Bryan!!!!!!

September 30, 2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

held hostage?? Hold on, let me put on my gear and rescue ya out! LOL, keep on coming Barman, you're the coolest!

October 01, 2007 12:12 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Barman, it's Monday. Did ya know it? Time for you to get back to business around here.

October 01, 2007 4:54 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Hi baby. Thank you so much for your cards. They meant so much to me and I'm happy you sent them to the hospital.

October 01, 2007 6:02 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Hang tough, Barman.

You will be back to tossing cornhole bags in no time!

October 02, 2007 2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope things will settle down for you now that the BRATS have averted the shutdown.
I'm ready to fire all the byatches!
tc

October 02, 2007 7:00 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

You Bryan...just take one day at a time and know we all love you!

As far as the 55 goes...I've only been able to produce two of them but that's ok you know?

I just shoot what ever comes out of the mouth if and when I feel creative. And trust me...I sometimes shoot off at the mouth a "little too much" yeah, I know...hard to believe huh?

Yeah, I see your Lions are off to a good start and talk about an upset over the Bears. We play them this Sunday night.

BUT...beware on Thanksgiving day...you and I will be matching up against each other. That's going to be a good game!

xo

October 02, 2007 1:34 PM  
Blogger barman said...

OK, I will reply when I get home. I did post a new post today. I just drew the short straw and have been working the afternoon/midnight shift at work. Let me tell you that zaps all your energy when you are not used to doing that. Thank goodness however, after 36 extra hours more or less over a 1 week period, things are more or less back to normal for now.

October 02, 2007 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home