Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, August 31, 2007

55Flash Fiction Friday


Do you even get up today?
If so it may be the last thing you do.

There is a serial killer on the loose.
Why is he killing those women?
Will I be next?

You get ready for another day.
You must get the day started
You just hope today will not be your last



- - -

You question why you do what you do while getting dressed
Do you even make a difference?
Why is he still on the loose?

Today all the police work you have been a part of
over the past month
will finally pay off
and put a serial killer behind bars.

Yes, you make a difference.


- - -

You have killed before
and you will kill again
Who will be next.
Surely she deserves
to be you next victim.

It is so easy,
the cops are such a fool.
They will never catch you.

Just at that very moment you hear a from outside your door
“Police, you are surrounded, give yourself up”




The above is all fictitious losely based on a real event. I do not pretend to know what is going through the minds of the people who are in threat for their lives, the police and certainly not a serial killer. But I thought it might be interesting to head off in three different but similar directions. So I packed it up into a three fer ... a 355 if you will.

For some reason I could not come up with anything to write about and then when I headed down this path, it just would not stop.

There has been a serial killer plaguing the Mid Michigan area for a month now. He has potentially killed four women and battered another who survived. Yesterday they arrested a suspect that they are fairly certain is the killer. We can only hope.

Sorry to send you off into a lovely holiday (at least here in the states) weekend with such a not nice story. I am sure I have cutesy hiding around here somewhere... man walks into a bar... Oh wait, I know ... a blonde joke... ummm, I got nothing.

Have a wonderful weekend.

P.S. Lime, should you stop by, notice I do not have all the colors of a rainbow but the colors I did use are in rainbow order... :)

Labels:

22 Comments:
Blogger Charles said...

A themed FFF55, you've been reading Snow's stuff, haven't you? I like the continuing stories a bit each week. It adds context without taking away from the efforts of packing meaning into the 55 words. Good work, Dude. Keep em coming.

August 31, 2007 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the last one best, nice set of 55's Bryan.
Have a safe holiday.
tc

August 31, 2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger S said...

I knew you were up to no good!

Yes, Barman, next time "they" want to have an affair like that, "they" oughta do it in another town! What are you gonna do? LOL

Thanks for being an overachiever like Logo!

August 31, 2007 10:44 AM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Great 55FFF theme!!!

August 31, 2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger lime said...

lol, i did notice that it was all secondary colors and that they were in the right order. i appreaciate your attention to detail, LOL

fairly chilling local news. i sure hope the killer is caught soon.

August 31, 2007 12:04 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

I hope they catch him barman!
What a great 'awareness' 3 for one!
Hugs and have a great holiday!!!

August 31, 2007 12:13 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

SERIAL KILLER!!! YIKES!

I love the shape & the colors of your 55ves bryan!

August 31, 2007 12:36 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Charles, I actually saw someone else do that but I forget who it was. So Snow does too? I better pay closer attention.

TC, it did not happen that way, I do not think at least. But in the end they did take the suspect into custody Tuesday night. Good work guys.

S, I just had to play with you. I was not saying that was you even if I did. You know what I mean. Normally it will not happen that I over achieve but it just felt right this one time.

Thank you Mike M. I was inspired since they had actually caught the person.

Anything for you Lime!. Yes not good and this is so weird as this community is really not that bad of a place to live. I am just happy they locked up the person they susppect did all this on Tuesday.

Hey LW, thank you. {{hugs}} right back at you. I hope you get a chance to get out and ride a little bit over the holiday weekend and be careful of those nasty facilities.

Thank you Rebicmel. I had hoped to make it around to people blogs but getting ready for camping has zapped my time. I may not be around, if you participated, until Monday.

Mona, why thank you. It is kind of nice to do that. I just had to so I did not bother our resident zip line expert.

August 31, 2007 2:36 PM  
Blogger Edward C. Foster said...

YOU look like a serial killer.

Ed

August 31, 2007 2:59 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Ed I could be a serial killer but I think I am to old. Normally they are younger.

I will keep an eye on myself and let you know if I notice anything suspicious.

August 31, 2007 4:12 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

And you say you're not that creative....

Ha!

And it looks as though on this one, just in case the guy they have isn't the guy...looks like you're in the clear as long as you're not a call girl.

August 31, 2007 4:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent Barman! I am now going into hiding! You can find me at my blog!
Shhhh, not a word, be vewwwwwwy quiet!

~giggles~

August 31, 2007 7:11 PM  
Blogger Flash said...

so much 55's.....Like a shotgun. Blam Blam Blam!!!

Nice work. So does that get you off the hook for the next 2 weeks???

And I played too!

August 31, 2007 11:50 PM  
Blogger Head Cookie said...

Very clever there barman and very interesting as well. Thanks for those posts. My 55 is up better late than never.

August 31, 2007 11:58 PM  
Blogger morgetron said...

Hey Barman, Your 55 is right in time for the release of Halloween.

-J

September 01, 2007 1:11 AM  
Blogger Reverend Michael Kilgore said...

I've been following some of this on the news, very chilling, indeed. I be hiding at Ambre's blog also, could someone send wine and pizza, please?

September 01, 2007 9:28 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Can you believe that they waited 2 days to tell us they caught him? They arrested him on Tuesday but didn't announce it until Thursday. My girls were so worried. I'm wondering why they hyped the story so much if they knew he was already caught? The whole thing was crazy.

You are such an over achiever! I love it!

September 01, 2007 10:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such an event did take place just north of me on Interstates in Indiana. The shooter stood on overpasses and fired at on-coming cars on the Interstate. When he was finally caught, he turned out to be a high school kid who had felt discounted by some older men with whom he had gone hunting.

September 01, 2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Great Job Bryan!!!
Getting very good at the ole 55 there son...

Bryan....
The Unthinkable happened today...Be glad you were NOT there...Galen

September 01, 2007 6:24 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Cornhole.

September 03, 2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Bastard serial killers! They oughtta get what they deserve!

September 03, 2007 6:10 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Yikes! hope it is him, Great 55, had to go away so didn't do one, next week!!!!

September 04, 2007 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home