Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Blue Moon

Wow, did you see that ... or rather not see that. The moon, she just up and dried up, vanished, disappeared, left without even saying goodbye. Of course I caught here and here is how.

First I hear it is best to start with a full moon for some reason. I guess it is a little bit like diving into a pool. As far as I am concerned, any dive you survive is a GREAT dive. Of course if you really want a lot of points you need to point your toes and go in without a splash. The full moon is something like that, the perfect dive.



Next you need to find you a camera.


And since this will take some time you need something to steady the camera on. Well unless you are real steady... I elected to find something to steady the camera on.



Next, and this is important ... no flash if you can. I didn’t and I was blind forever.


Now somehow you have to get the earth to come between the sun and the moon. Now there is no one correct way to do it. Personally I do not understand why you need to do it. I mean the sun went to bed hours ago. As a matter of fact it is just about to wake up anyway.

Anyway I decided on a plan. I went outside and started to jump up and down real hard. The more I did it the more the earth moved and got in the way. Of course you need to do what ever works for you.

Now find the moon and zing away, shot after shot and see what you got.




Did I forget to mention you need to point the camera first? OK, lets try that again.



Oh gee wiz, I new I forgot something. Did I mention you need to focus the camera.

*looks up at the blog entry*

Yep, didn't mention it. Duh!


And there you have it. The moon, she just disappeared. If you find her somewhere, would you please send her home.

Labels:

14 Comments:
Blogger Crabby said...

Why do I get the feeling that your first moon is going to get more attention than any of the others? LOL!

August 28, 2007 10:13 AM  
Blogger lime said...

LOL, i love your method for getting the earth between the sun and moon!

all your instructions were great and the resulting shots are terrific. thanks for sharing. i missed it since i wasn't feeling well.

August 28, 2007 11:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am rather sorry that the cat and I were blogging in the midst of the eclipse. Or, perhaps I am not.

August 28, 2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan, you are soooooo clever!
I love your sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the great shots!

August 28, 2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

and here I thought you were asking us to all moon you lolololololol

August 28, 2007 5:12 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Thank you so much for posting these. The girls and I set our alarms to see it and none of us got up.

Very cool!

August 28, 2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Crabby, you think? I just could not pass it up.

Lime it so worked, honest. Hope you are feeling much better now.

Nick, you and Alex did not miss a lot. It was kind of fun to see. I caught it when it was half way eclipsed.

JD, I try to use humor where I can but sometimes I just work a little harder at it. I wish the shots were better but I learned from my mistakes. Let me at it again and I will do better.

GAB, I promise not to moon you if you don't moon me. No one wants to see me moon someone, trust me.

Sign I have a lot more but they are all about the same. If there is a next time I am sure I will do much better.

August 28, 2007 7:14 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

How did you do that? Man, you should go into show biz with talent like that.

August 28, 2007 11:35 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Tony, the jumping up and down was easy! As to the story it is very much like something you might do except your stuff is usually a true story and not a little over the top like this one.

August 28, 2007 11:37 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan I thought I felt the earth move under my feet last night!

August 29, 2007 1:27 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Yea, I made the earth move for LW! That is pretty good with you being way over there. I guess that means I need to start that diet now.

August 29, 2007 7:20 AM  
Blogger Queenie said...

I'm looking, let you know if i find it. I notice your humour hasn't gone away whilst I've been away (thank goodness).
Brian I have a little something I would like you to have on my blog, please wear it despite the pink, come on we all you know that you and mr G like the shade. Thank you for being so nice (no sticking your fingers down your throat).

August 29, 2007 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic post Bryan, funny and the pics are great.
Tc

August 29, 2007 7:42 AM  
Blogger snowelf said...

I agree Bryan--great post!
I just dig you, you totally made me laugh!!

--snow

August 29, 2007 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home