Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

If Only I Was More Like Them

I am a creative person, but no where near as creative as I wish. When I was small you could see there was a certain amount of artistic tendencies. Unfortunately (or is that fortunately) I also had a passion for science. This passion has done me well. It is directly responsible for me getting a scholarship for college and getting me where I am now. I was told while I was young that I had a talent toward music. Again I only putz around with that but I do love my music.

So where have I went will all of this. Well I certainly have an analytical mind but my creative side suffers. You should see me at games like pictionary, I am totally out of my element. Music, well I have a keyboard and from time to time play with it. I continue to listen to different types of music and always try to be open minded. I listen to a lot of different things now than I ever have. Sure I can write (if you ignore spelling and grammar) but things like poetry and other creative stuff, not so good.

I find that I am really attracted to creative people. I am going to toss out just a few people here and I really hate to do that as I know I am leaving people out when I do that.


I have only know Top Cat for a little over 2 years now but it seems like so much more. I think there is a little bit of a connection there. Rick has a very kind heart and I love that about him. He is also very creative when it comes to writing. Often times I find things go over my head but you know, I still am in awe of what he can do when his creative juices are flowing. He also is very talented when it comes to music. I would love to spend a little time with him and his synth and what ever else some time. I would so love that.


I do not always go over and visit, as a matter of fact I am way behind on visiting but Old Hippie Chick (whom I usually just refer to Hippie Chick) is another extremely talented person. She is an artist extraordinaire. She can really write. Most of the things I have seen her write really makes me think. Add to that she is one super person and, well now I know why I am attracted to this wonderful soul.


A much more recent person I came upon is Little Wing. She is one beautiful California Chick. But you know what? Long before I knew what she looked like, I fell in love with the person. For someone so young (and I can say that as I am an old fart) she has a ton of talent. Her writing is wonderful as I think she writes from the heart. Her outlook on life is refreshing. She seems to have an extremely old soul, at least to me. The following is taken out of context and bended and folded and mutilated but it is something I remember, and probably always will about Little Wing. Part of it is a post she made and part of it is a portion of a reply to a comment. When speaking about her recent visit to Hawaii and viewing the Pearl Harbor Memorial...

We actually had a gentleman on our bus who had survived Pearl Harbor that day. The tears ran down his face as he stood on that memorial. They gave him a ball cap that said World War Two survivor, American Hero. Bless that man's heart. His emotions were raw.

The gentleman was grieving. I asked him if I could give him a hug, and when I put my arms around him, I was so proud to be such a small part of his history.


I really think that post and some of her comments says a lot about the person that she is.


There are so many more people I have met on the blog world that are talented in different ways. Two more that come to mind are Crabby and her sense of humor and how creative she is with what she puts together and then there is BTExpress who puts together some of the most entertaining posts. I love it when he takes us step by step on a repair project or cooking something or mixing a drink.


Of course there are so many more that are special in their own ways, some extremely creative, some just super people who are always there for people but now this feels like I am turning this into a who’s who list and I really did not intend that to happen because you always leave people off (waves at Sign Gurl and G-man).

OK, I knew it, I hate this post. Let me just copy the list of people over on my links and paste them here. I think it is time to revisit something I did a little while back and feature someone that I really appreciate out there in the blog world. Maybe that will make me feel a little better about this post.

Happy hump day everyone.
16 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

oh i think you show a real creative side too, bryan. you friday 55s are always so well done and your photography is just lovely. truthfully, in science there needs to be a certain creativity too, i believe. the fact that you value creativity and are drawn to creative people feeds that side of yoruself . you've always struck me as a very curious and eager to learn person and when you feed yoruself that way as you do i think your creativity continues. some terrific folks you've included here too.:)

August 29, 2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger snowelf said...

I know! There are SO many talented bloggers. It's the main reason I love blogging, everyone has their own special little talents and it's so cool to be in with such a artistic group of people.

And you DO take great pictures! :)

Happy Hump Day!
--snow

August 29, 2007 7:24 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan your creative side is SO evident!!
And I love the person you are! You are so loving and gentle!
you saying that you loved the person I am means so much to me! It truly does!
I am a firm believer that everyone really is beautiful in their own way.
I am still amazed when someone mentions my blog, I started it as an outlet for some of my thoughts on my dysfunctional childhood, and never in my wildest thoughts did I think it would be met with such an 'arms out' response.
You bloggers have welcomed me into your circle of such talented and loving folks and I thank you Bryan for such kind words.
I do write from my heart and soul, and my grandfather always called me on 'old soul'.....
I am humbled to be included in a circle of bloggers with way more talent than I have!

August 29, 2007 7:47 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

*Waves back*

You know you are creative! Look at all of the photoshop stuff you have done. You are also building your cornhole games.

See? I told you!

August 29, 2007 8:46 PM  
Blogger S said...

I know that I am special because I got the carrot with the bite out of it!

Bryan this post makes me want to say that you must have about the biggest warmest heart in all of blogland and I do mean that!

See you for 55~

August 30, 2007 1:19 AM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Bryan, recently someone said in my comments how with two clicks on a computer we can be with some of the most wonderful, warm hearted people in the world. This is true when I click to you.

August 30, 2007 5:29 AM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Thank you Bryan. Your the best my friend.

PS
I guess I'll have to do more of the instructional posts then.

August 30, 2007 10:13 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Bryan, as always you're just too humble. You're probably one of the most loved and respected people on the net.

August 30, 2007 1:48 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

I think you are an exceptionally talented person and we all compliment each other in one way or another. I am so happy that I was introduced into the blogging world because I have made some really terrific friends!!!

Happy Thursday to you ;o)

August 30, 2007 6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryan thank you so much for what you said about me you are very kind.
Part of the reason I took my break is my creative juices feel dried up, nothing comes musically or in the written word.
You are a man of many talents I am a man of few so in the long run I think you're ahead of the game.
Anyway I think this is a creative post and hey it wasn't even a meme or tag.lol
It's very kind of you to mention these wonderful bloggers, speaking of OHC she has had her artwork on display at an Art Museum for the entire month of August. Quite an honor.
Thank you again Bryan.:)
tc

August 30, 2007 6:11 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

I don't think you give yourself enough credit, Mr. Barman!

Your 55's ALWAYS get my juices flowin'...and not just the creative ones.

You have a lot more going on than you might think.

Plus you like to talk about mowing the lawn, cornholes, your wood-working skills, your tools, fireworks, full moons, nurse uniforms for Jildo and even playing with it from time to time.

I always find something in your posts that make me smile, Barman.

And making people smile is one of the greatest gifts in all the universe.

I'm also glad that you mentioned you're good at science. I guess I'm comin' to you when I have questions in those classes.

Do you know anything about astronomy?

And you gotta remember somethin' else too, budster...

It takes talent to appreciate the talent in others and then WRITE about it and share it with your audience...that is a SKILL, yo, AND it takes balls.

So, don't let me hear you dissing this post again as I thought it was simply lovely.

If you do...you're getting a spanking.

Now don't be naughty.

August 30, 2007 8:12 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

and I will help Strumpet administer that spanking, Bryan!!!!
Hey, come on Bryan, be naughty, lol.

August 30, 2007 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

strumpet..juices flowing..oh lawd it's getting Hawt in here.
tc

August 31, 2007 7:57 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I am sorry for not responding to the comments. Thank you everyone. I was not trolling for compliments and just started feeling a little awkward. I guess I have never done good at that.

What this has brought to light is the talents that each and every one of us posses. And you just never know what a difference in someones life you may make over the simplest little things.

Thanks again. You are the best.

August 31, 2007 8:29 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Bry, I think each person has their own brand of creativity, including you. You and Sign are both always too hard on yourselves. We see you in a whole different light than you see yourselves because we see the things in each of you that are unique, creative, and irreplaceable.

You know that hole you dug yourself into there at the end...LOL! Been there. Did that. Remember my brilliant idea to dedicate tributes to people each week?

Or the time I was gonna review other peoples blogs?

Bro, I'd loan you my shovel but I have worn that sucker out. I'll be getting another one to cover my butt for my next great idea that doesn't work out so well.

August 31, 2007 9:14 AM  
Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

I think you are creative...you do a great job with your blog, and I keep coming back to read it regularly!

hope you have a good weekend

September 01, 2007 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home