Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, September 24, 2007

They Call Me the Snow Man

Well amazing as it is, I got to take off a little early on Friday and actually have Saturday and most of Sunday off. What a major accomplishment these days. So I should have been cutting the grass which is long over due but instead, I worked on dishes, laundry and my game boards.

The boards are assembled, the 6 inch hole is cut in the boards. The counter sunk screws have been filled in and 3 of the 4 boards have all the sanding done. The last board has about 30 minutes to an hour worth of work to finish before it too will be ready. To get to this part however required a ton of sanding and even using a router to round the edges. If you are at all familiar with the tools used, a router and a random orbital sander, you know no matter what you do, there will be saw dust flying, hence my reference to being a Snow Man. At least one thing is good, I really did look like a snowman on Friday. After that I hooked up a shop vac and it did better catching the sawdust than the bag designed to catch the sawdust.

Next is getting the legs sanded and mounted to the boards and then time for a couple of coats of prime and then painting. Then this winter I will add some sort of logo to the boards. But at last I am getting close to being done. Work has certainly made it hard to get any time in working on the boards.



I go to see the doctor on today (Monday) and we will see what happens. Hopefully I do not get chewed out to much for not eating the way I should. Hopefully the high PSA is a false reading but we will see.


Oh no, say it isn’t so! I just heard that Marsha Brady (Maureen McCormick) had lesbian experiences with her younger sister Jan Brady (Eve Plumb) on the Brady Bunch set. Oh dear, I had such a crush on her when I was growing up. That must be why we never hooked up. Well that and I never met her but that is just a technicality. Next thing you know someone is going to tell me the Farrah Fawcett, who poster I proudly displayed in my bedroom, was smart. Oh wait, that just to much. At least I can hang on to one of my high school fantasies.


Doctor update: I think I want to kill the nurse/receptionist/what ever she is. She is the one that put me in a panic to begin with with the call and call em back then and if not Friday than first thing Monday. I call and I get the feeling the PSA is bad and my sugar not good at all. And she wants to get me in as soon as can be.

So for the last week and a half I have been concentrating on eating good things and eating like I am on a diet. I have been monitoring where I am and writing them down. I did some research on part of why my PSA may be elevated. I come in to the appointment today and they do not weigh me in. They take the blood pressure and were very happy with that. (it had been elevated and he made an adjustment to the medication last time). They almost ignored the paper I had with all my numbers on it. He gave me some additional medication for diabetes but he did not make a big deal about it. And he did a rubber glove exam (yikes) and all was well. Now mind you, I will not complain about the exam as I know the ladies have it much worse for your annual exam.

So all that worrying for basically nothing. Yes I have been bad and I need to be much more careful about the sugar. One thing good... in behaving myself I have lost at least 8 pounds. I plan to keep it going so you will notice the little guy on my side bar reset to 0 and go from there. It is about time he starts being updated. Also my number all look pretty good. So the scare is over and so far good has come from it. Thank Goodness!

Thank you everyone. I have managed to keep myself busy so I could not think about it but over the last few days (especially today) it has been tough getting through. You all have really helped me get through some of the tougher moments. Thanks again.
17 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

i think you can rest assured farrahisn't that smart. ever see some of her whacked out interviews?

best of luck at the doc's today. hoping all goes well.

September 24, 2007 8:30 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I agree. I saw her do an interview on Letterman within the last 5 years or so. She was crazy. of course I bet she made a lot more money than I ever will.

Thanks Lime.

September 24, 2007 9:41 AM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Can't wait to see the finished game boards.
Let us know what the doc says, big guy, hopefully a false reading!

September 24, 2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger snowelf said...

I think you're okay Bryan, that Brady Bunch thing is just a rumor according to a reliable source. :)

And I have the cutest image of you walking out of your shop door with your arms held out wide and sawdust covering you from head to toe! hehe!


--snow

September 24, 2007 5:35 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I was going to mention the yard :)

Hope everything went off without a hitch at your doctor's appointment.

September 24, 2007 5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news about your health Bryan and even better news about the 8lbs, that's fantastic. Way to go buddy.
tc

September 24, 2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan, I would have informed the doctor about how the receptionist handled it with you, I really would have.
That was just wrong.
Also, anytime you are concerned about a test result, call and ask for the dr. to call you back at his/her convienence....that's what I do when I want to know a test result and don't want to wait.

September 24, 2007 8:31 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Little Wing, hopefully I will not get temporarily laid off. If I do then the boards go on hold as I still need to buy at least $30 worth of paint. Otherwise O will be posting about them by weekend I am sure. The doc basically had good news. Yea!

Oh thank you Snow. Of course she is married... oh well. You know it was almost that bad as you describe. It was not until I went up stairs to my bathroom and cleaned up a little that I noticed how bad it was.

Yes Sign, I will get to it this week. It may take a while. I need to get the machete out. Sign the doctors visit went real well. It was a surprise to me. Thank goodness.

Yes TC. I will never catch up to Sign but I could look a whole lot better by Christmas. I just need to focus. Thank you Top Cat.

September 24, 2007 8:34 PM  
Blogger ell said...

barman - i am so relieved and happy for you...that is great news! thank goodness!

whew!! and keep up the good work with your diet.

;)

September 24, 2007 9:53 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

So glad you got good news today insead of bad. Now dang Bry start eating beter and dont give us a scare again!

September 24, 2007 10:10 PM  
Blogger Mone said...

wow 8 lbs lost? Thats great! Seems to me I never lose, only gain weigth :(

September 25, 2007 7:05 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

PHEWWW! Well, that's a relief! Thank goodness!

Marcia and Jan....Mrs. Brady and Greg? Ok...I can live with this just don't tell me the housekeeper was hooked up with the dog.

September 25, 2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Farrah smart? That means I MUST be a rocket scientist! LOL...

Good for you for getting your diabetes in better control. I won't lecture you but that is REALLY important. As for the nurse call...she could have handled herself a little better as to say it's Friday...nothing worrisome, but please call us on Monday. Or what my rule of thumb is/was NEVER make any calls that need a call back "right away" on Fridays. It kills everyones wknds by making them nervous.

;o)

September 25, 2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Jillie is so right!
Bad nurse!
But good on you Bryan, keep the diet going, we want to keep you around for a very long time!
Higs!

September 25, 2007 4:15 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Ell, I should lose lots today. I was SO HUNGRY! I should know better. Mexican just is not filling.

Gab, I am sure I will do something else dumb but I sure hope not. I did not like the scare either.

Mone, I can lose weight not to bad. I just have to get my head straight. Unfortunately it took a scare for me to do that. Losing weight is never a real easy thing to do for sure.

Well you know Crabbs, the dog (was it tiger) did disappear rather suddenly. But I don't think Sam the butcher would have tolerated that.

Jillie the rocket scientist. I kinda like that. Your smart regardless of the former angel has upstairs. Yes nurse Jillie, I promise to be better. You are so right, that would have been so much better. Live and learn I guess.

LittleWing, Gee, I thought you were saying Jillie was a bad nurse. You had me all excited for a second there. Once I get past the first few weeks and see a little results I will be hooked. If I keep at it I should be looking pretty spiffy for next spring. Woo hoo!

September 25, 2007 7:44 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Just checking on you to see if you are behavin...LOL.

hugs from your rocket scientist...lol!!!

September 27, 2007 5:23 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Missing you Bryan but I understand you are really busy, so we will sit here and wait for you like we did Top Cat!

September 27, 2007 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home