Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Help Me

The other day I was minding my own business and totally did not realize what was happening. It actually started many, many month ago. I remember it well.

I thought it would be nice to be able to make some salsa and other things. That meant I would have to chop up a bunch of ingredients. I had been thinking about getting a small easy to clean electric chopper to do such chores. I did some research which I normally do and decided to get a 3 cup Kitchen-Aid chopper.

You will notice I opted for the red version of the small appliance. I love red. If you check my wardrobe you will see a ton of red things. As a matter of fact I stopped buying things in red because, by now, I probably would have nothing but red clothing… well except for underwear.

So that was OK, no problems yet. But it was what happened over the weekend that concerned me. I was working some marathon hours at work and I thought it would be nice to bring something in for the other people that were working as many or even more hours than I was. Day one I brought in some junk food and a cake as it was the boss's birthday. Now day two I thought it would be nice to bring something in that was a little healthier. I got together several vegetables and made a veggie tray complete with dip. One of the vegetables was several cucumbers. Now I needed to peal these cucumbers and I have been tired of the old peeler I bought probably almost 19 years ago so I thought a newer, nicer one was in order.

I made a trip out and looked around. What I saw was a Kitchen-Aid peeler. Why do I need a name brand peeler for heaven sakes? In the end I did go with the peeler and, of course it is red too.


That is when it hit me. I am slowly, ever so slowly, being snuck up on by a hoard of red Kitchen-Aid tools. What is next? A Whisk, an Ice Cream Scoop, a Can Opener, an Electric Can Opener, a Coffee Grinder, a Toaster, a Blender or maybe the ultimate, a Kitchen-Aid® Professional 600™ Series 6-Quart Bowl Lift Stand Mixer, all red of course. Help, I am being over run by Kitchen-Aid. Help Me. Of course if that is the worst of my worried than I am doing A-OK.
11 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

i am very much hoping to acquire a kitchen aid mixer...

October 02, 2007 6:38 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Wouldn't that be nice Lime. The one I mentioned was top of the line for home use. I could settle for the 5 quart lesser model any day. It would be nice. Maybe some day.

October 02, 2007 6:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

But, Bryan, think how neat your kitchen décor will be with all of the appliances and utensils being the same shade of read.

October 03, 2007 12:24 AM  
Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` I like Kitchen Aid mixers!!

` You could, of course, get something blue just to screw up the Kitchen Aid chi (because we all know that's common sense).

` Oh, and by the way, you can borrow my frozen nipples anytime. Especially if you're trapped in a phone booth and need to cut your way out.

October 03, 2007 12:34 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Personally, I collect the blue tools. Red looks nice though :)

October 03, 2007 2:14 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Nick that would be great but one problem. My kitchen floor is white with some light shade of blue in it and I will not even get started with the awful greenish colored counters. Time for a total kitchen makeover. Of course I do not know where the money is coming from. :(

But S e e quine, I worry about messing with chi. Is that anything like messing with karma. Yikes. I will rest easy now knowing you and your frozen nipples are available to get me out of a jam.

Tsduff, blue is probably much more practical and it even goes with my kitchen floor. I like blue too especially cobalt blue but red is my fave.

October 03, 2007 6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're left handed Bryan cause that's a left handed peeler.lol
tc

October 03, 2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger barman said...

TC, it is? How can you tell? I used it a couple of times and it seemed to work fine and I am right handed. Are you just pulling my paw?

Of course that is a stock photo rather than a picture of the actual one I got but...

October 03, 2007 1:30 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan red is a great color for kitchen appliances!
They don't show the blood when we cut ourselves!

October 03, 2007 10:13 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Screw Kitcen-aid.

Go for the red underwear.

October 04, 2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

You know Bryan, they DO make red underwear...LMAO

;o)

October 04, 2007 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home