Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Google Me, Oogle Me

Borrowed from Lime who stolen from the brilliant Jocelyn.

typing my answers to the following prompts into Google Image and then choosing a photo off the first page that pops up.

1. Age at My Next Birthday: 51. I was hating the idea of turning 50 this year but then I had the best time for a week straight as I celebrated my birthday from Kentucky, to Ohio, and many different places in Michigan. It was all good. It was also the first time I meet Crabby who is a stitch. This picture is of Area 51. You know that top secret base in the United States that everyone knows exists. They have armed people to stop you from trespassing, sensors, and signs everywhere telling you to keep out. This picture is what you get if you bring up google earth and type "Area 51" in the fly too field. It even tells you what building is what.



2. Place I'd Like to Travel: There are a lot of places I would love to travel too including Australia and New Zealand but I did not like the pictures that came up. One place I have always wanted to go to was Alaska. I thought the picture that came up here was much better so Alaska it is.





3. Place I've Been: Lake Louise/Banff. I spent a week in Calgary, Alberta, Canada once. There was so much I loved about the area. It was my first Hard Rock Cafe I ever went to. I got to see a Grand Pre Jumper event (I love these but never saw one in person). They have the best YMCA in the entire world, and so much more. But by far my favorite was visiting Banff and even more specific ... Lake Louise. The view was spectacular but what really got me was the color green the water was. This picture really does not do it justice. It really is unique.






4. My Favorite Food: Prime Rib. I know it looks gross to some of you. Others do not eat red meat or even meet. But ever since I learned what Prime Rib was I have really, REALLY loved it.








5. Place where I was born: Wyandotte General. Ah the place that can not make up it's mind what it's name is. I think it is on it's third name since I was born there.








6. Place where I live: Under a Rock. Sometimes I really feel like this is true especially since I do not watch a lot of news anymore. I do tend to listen to the news in the morning on my morning radio program I wake up to. I also do hit certain shows on Sunday morning to keep up on what the insanity that is better know as politicians. But still I can be so clueless at times and even more clueless about goings on outside the USA.





7. Name of Past Pet: Tiger. What can I say, I typed in Tiger and this is one of the better pictures that came up. Tiger was our pet cat. He got a little crazy on my Dad's legs one to many times and next thing I knew he had a new home in the country on a farm. Do you think my parents lied to me. Should I have called PETA?






8. Best Friend's Nickname: Jimbo. My two best friends name are Paul or Lori but I do not know any nicknames they have ever had. Instead I went with Jim who I used to work with and with whom I am friends. How could I pass up this great picture of Jimbo.





9. My First Name: Bryan. I thought I was going to have to use a middle name or worse for this one but you know what ... I kind of like the mask that it brought up.











10. My First Job: PaperBoy. Yep a paperboy. After that I was a stock boy in a Party Store. It was there that I learned how to freeze a Mountain Dew just the right amount to where it was very could but not frozen. Then when you popped the top it turned to an awesome slushy. It was the best especially when it was hot out. Oh this picture has special meaning as I once was not looking what I was doing on a bike and ran into a parked car. Not while I was delivering papers but still, it so fits.

Labels:

16 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

fun one to steal huh? i think i may need to add alaska and lake louise to my list!

January 03, 2008 7:00 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I loved it Lime, thank you. I would love to have your lust for travel. I love the idea of it but worry about going somewhere unfamiliar where are you thrive on that. That is special.

January 03, 2008 7:06 AM  
Blogger San said...

Hi Bryan. I came over from Lime's. Good timing too, because I learned a bit about you.

I could probably qualify for "under a rock status" too. I'm embarrassingly ignorant of world affairs.

January 03, 2008 12:35 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi San. Thanks for stopping by and welcome. Yep you learned some good and some strange. Not to bad.

I feel "under a rock" even around my neck of the woods somethimes. Oh well, sometimes it is better that way. Now world affairs, maybe they has some news worth listening to and not a whole lot of celebrety news instead.

January 03, 2008 3:13 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

That a great post Bryan. That prime rib is looking REALLY YUMMY right now and I love beef ;o) It's been a while since I've had any really good beef. Out here in Cali..the produce is about the only good thing. The wine is good. But for meat and cheese..it's gotta be from WI..ya der ey!

Alaska...what a beautiful picture oh I've always wanted to do an Alaskan cruise.

Thanks for sharing...oooh the bike into the car doesn't sound fun. That sounds like a jillaccident just WAITING to happen...LOL!!!!

January 03, 2008 4:14 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Arr, they were such nice answers. I was a paper girl, hated it. You never fancied a visit to the UK then, can't say I blame you. BTW, I'm still doing 55s, thanks for your visit and supportive words.

January 03, 2008 4:49 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan, I am soooooo with you on the prime rib and Alaska!

January 04, 2008 12:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice, Bryan. Except perhaps that rock that I’m sure you really don’t live under. A cave, maybe; a rock, no. Have a fun weekend.

January 04, 2008 6:28 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I was all into this meme and then , BAM!!!, you had to go and throw prime rib in there. My brain cannot function when it wants prime rib. MMMMMmmmmmmm.........

January 04, 2008 6:13 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Jillie, ya know, I never thought of Wisconsin for beef. Silly me. But you gotta love the Wine where you are. Can you imagine, if we could tolerate each other for that long, going on a Alaska cruise with all your blogging buddies. Could be a fun time. As to the bike, as I have gotten to know you, it certainly is a Jillaccident. I have that in common with you. You just are much better at it.

Quennie, I was not a huge fan of paperboy especially when it came to collecting. I did not get to posting a 55 this week but I love what you are doing with your 55s. I always learn so much.

Little Wing, there you go. Now if you could just turn me into a motorcycle person ...

Nick, upon further thought I will begrudgingly agree with you... cave it is.

Sign, isn't that terrible. I looks so good and tastes great but boy talk about not the best thing in the world for you. See, it just your brain up. I told you it was bad.

January 05, 2008 1:37 PM  
Blogger Gina Louthian-Stanley said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 06, 2008 9:39 PM  
Blogger ohc said...

AH, Bryan, I hear ya on turning 50! I will be in Feb. and I dread it. But I guess as long as I am on this side of the dirt, it's ok! lol. Like you are, I am thinking about traveling and doing a lot of things! Right now, I need to get out from under my rock............

Thanks for the great post!

January 06, 2008 9:42 PM  
Blogger barman said...

OHC, you are going to do fine with the birthday. 50 is only a number, don't let it get to you. It seems to me you wanted to head out to some big art doing in New York or something. Hopefully you find your way to do that and much, much more. It is about time you do something nice for you.

January 06, 2008 10:18 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Okay, I am SO down for the Blogger Alaskan cruise where we all munch on Prime Rib at night and drink lotsa wine.

I'm gonna start saving up now, so keep me posted.

=P

January 07, 2008 12:46 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

Nice post, Bryan, but Jimbo has changed. I recognise the young lady on the right though.

I'll send you some pictures of New Zealand. It's worth the long journey.

January 07, 2008 11:25 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

You really picked some great pictures! (I LOVE prime rib too) So THAT's what Wyandotte... you know I had a bunch of silver and gold lace Wyandotte chickens and I always wondered what the heck that meant! :) I just passed my 51 in November. It isn't too bad yet.

January 09, 2008 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home