Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, December 14, 2007

55Flash Fiction Friday

The big day is here
This has been your dream job most of your life
You did your research and prepared for every
possible question they could ask in your interview
From the moment you arrive to when you leave you own them

Upon leaving you notice your zipper has been down the entire time


Sometimes things just do not work out the way you want. The above is all fiction but somehow I could just see me doing that, well the zipper part anyway. It could have been worse, you could discover the zipper half way through the process and then have to finish the interview with that little fact on your mind.

I have never liked interviews. I think I could do a little better at them now as it dawned on me. The person on the other side of the desk is just another person doing their job. With a few exceptions this is not even their normal job. Heck they probably wish they were not there either. They may even be nervous about the interview too. At least I know I am when I get dragged into interviewing a new candidate. Of course that is probably just me.

There is one good thing about interviews... I have had my worst interview I will ever have in my life. It is out of the way. When I showed up for the job I found out it was for something I could do but I was not all that good at. It was not at all what I expected the job to be so I was so unprepared. When they asked the first serious question they phrased it in a very strange way and threw me off. I assumed I did not know what they were talking about but I really did. Anyway that set me up for doubting myself throughout the entire interview process. I should have been filmed in that series of interviews. I was the poster child of what not to do in an interview. So you see, should I ever need to go on a job interview again it will be a piece of cake, My worst interview ever has already happened. It is all up hill from here.

Should you want to participate in the 55 flash fiction Friday or just want to find out more, click on the badge in my side bar for more info. It really is fun. And if I can manage I am sure you can too.

Only 11 shopping days ‘till Christmas... have a wonderful weekend.
10 Comments:
Blogger Mona said...

LMAO! That was funny. But that is not an unusual situation. It is quite quite possible!

I faced just a couple of them but to me they have always been like discussions and cross questioning which I am quite comfortable with.

December 14, 2007 8:44 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh no! LOL

I hate interviews! Love your 55 though. :)

Mine's up too.

December 14, 2007 11:25 AM  
Blogger smarmoofus said...

There's some peace of mind to knowing the worst interview of your life is already behind you. You can go into future ones with so much more confidence, and confidence exudes capability. But all the same, I'm hoping you don't have to interview again.

My 55 is up, too.

December 14, 2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

I have been on both ends of the interview and they both suck! The last interview I had, I had a low back ache and kept shifting. They probably thought I had to go to the bathroom...lol!!

I look at it this way, they are no different than you or me!

Have a GREAT wknd Bryan. Is your Christmas shopping done?

December 14, 2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Great 55! Love the ending. I picture that I have something hanging from my nose the entire time. Ewww...


Have a great weekend!

December 14, 2007 6:41 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

In a way I'm glad I never have to do an interview again. But then again I wouldnt have a zipper like the guys do.

December 15, 2007 2:41 AM  
Blogger lime said...

eesh, i dread the process

December 15, 2007 8:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaah! Such is life.

December 15, 2007 11:06 AM  
Blogger Casdok said...

Brill 55!

December 15, 2007 1:39 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Hahahahaha. I love this one, Bryan. Great Job.

December 15, 2007 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home