Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, November 30, 2007

55Flash Fiction Friday

You sit here alone dejected
Replaying what happened earlier
3.2 seconds left in the game
Down by 1
everyone’s job...
receive the inbound pass,
pass to your superstar,
They sink the basket
You receive the pass but can’t pass to your superstar
You take the impossible three quarter court shot
AND FALL 20 FEET SHORT.

Ever have one of those days. You know it will be darn near impossible to do something but everyone is counting on you. Then you can not deliver no matter how hard you try. Sometimes life is great but other times it just does not go the way you want it to. Oh well, you just need to make the best of what you have.

Sorry I have been MIA for a while. Work has been crazy lately but this week it has been twice as insane as usual. I will get caught up this weekend on what everyone is up to. GAB I Have not forgot you. Jillie, hope your operation goes well... everyone else best wishes for a wonderful weekend.

By the way, the above is a 55Flash Fiction Friday. If you would like to try you had at it, please do. Click the badge on my right to learn more about them. They are not that hard to do and I find them fun. Others do even better with their 55's. Go visit Susie and GMan (I believe they are both on the links on the left) to find others that have participated so you can read what they have contributed. There really are some wonderful writers out there with wonderful imaginations.

Labels:

12 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For being busy that's a mighty fine 55 although I'm not much of a BB fan.

Don't worry about catching up Bryan, use your down time to relax.
tc

November 30, 2007 8:10 AM  
Blogger snowelf said...

Sports or not, this totally applies to so many instances in life. However, I think reflecting on mistakes can be an incredibly positive learning process.

Okay, that was way too insightful for a friday. I think I've been spending too much time in class! :P

--snow

November 30, 2007 12:59 PM  
Blogger Flash said...

Man, I've been in that situation before so many times. In film, everyone wants perfection, and will stand over my shoulder or go "Now, I'm not putting pressure on you, but this will be the most ... (insert strongly overhyped crap here).

Awesome 55!

November 30, 2007 1:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bryan, I actually do my damnedest to avoid those kind of days!

November 30, 2007 2:07 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bummer day, but I LOVE basketball!
Good one, Bryan!

November 30, 2007 3:53 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Hope you have a great weekend!

I don't know if you already know, but the Mid Michigan Youth Symphony has a concert on Tuesday night. I may not make it, depending on my dad's surgery.

November 30, 2007 5:55 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Well, you certainly didn't fall short on your 55. That was a swoosh. Like TC, I'm not a big fan (of most sports(I do like my motorsports though)), but I certainly understand your feelings here. Sometimes its just hard to deliver, especially if someone is trying to hold you back, and you just have to go for it.

November 30, 2007 6:48 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hi Bryan! Sorry Im late. I dont do any sports with balls! Im too uncoordinated.
Have an awesome weekend.

November 30, 2007 9:01 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

I know the busy feeling well. Great 55 I can really understand that feeling.

November 30, 2007 11:08 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Many is the time I have days like that, great 55, great to have you back.

December 01, 2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Good Job Bryan!!
You made a wonderful sports analogy..
Hang in there brother!
Galen...

December 02, 2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I don't like football, but I like your 55! I joined in too. :)

December 02, 2007 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home