Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, November 09, 2007

55Flash Fiction Friday

You took on the job as bouncer
because you really needed the money.
But you hate your job.

The things you witness
would make anyone blush.

How can you tell people
what you do for a living?
You long for the day when you can quit.

The senior citizens take their Bingo
way to seriously.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I am off to help my brother-in-law celebrate turning 50, poor sucker.

The above is a 55Flash Fiction Friday. If you want to find out more click the badge in my side bar and come join us. If you are not a writer it seems like a hard task but you get to where you really look forward to Fridays, trust me. Just come up with an idea (the hard part) and the writing will be a piece of cake.
P.S. Sorry, I had this done earlier but was looking for a picture or two to add to it. Then I got lost in the Internet... So here, without pictures, is my 55 for this week.

Labels:

13 Comments:
Blogger Queenie said...

Still a good one pics or no pics, have a great weekend, I'm going to watch the tudors now, oh! what an exciting Friday evening....

November 09, 2007 3:52 PM  
Blogger Flash said...

Do they really have bouncers for Bingo.

it wouldn't surprise me. I went to a catholic grade school, and every Wednesday and Friday night, they would hold bingo. And once a year, my class had to do "cleanup duty" afterwards.

Man, you're right on the things you'd see. Frail 80 lb women smoking thing cigarettes and playing 40 cards at once.

November 09, 2007 5:14 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

True statement. Seniors take their bingo very seriously. This one time at band camp...

I bingo'd once for real. Then later I yelled bingo, but didn't really have one. I thought them old folks were going to attack me with their little magnetic wands. hehe

Hmm, I should blog that.

November 09, 2007 6:11 PM  
Blogger lime said...

LOL, soooo true!!! good one, bryan!

November 09, 2007 6:39 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

I recently watched the movie "Michael" with John Travolta.

They play Car Bingo and I have decided that I want to play this game.

I like Bingo.

Only one card at a time for me.

Though, I haven't played in many years.

Bingo is cool.

I want a dog.

And I want to name him Bingo.

And then I'll get another dog.

And I'll name him Ringo.

But, I need a bigger apartment first.

November 09, 2007 6:55 PM  
Blogger ell said...

nice job barman! have a great weekend.

November 09, 2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm… bouncer at a bingo parlor. I suppose it’s a job, but one could become quickly bored.

November 10, 2007 5:10 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh, 55!

Nice one. A good build-up in just a few lines. I didn't expect the job of Bingo bouncer.

November 10, 2007 7:42 AM  
Blogger S said...

Ok now that is hilarious. One can never have too much security around elders and their Bingo!

Just wait until they start playing cornholes or whatever you call it! :P

November 10, 2007 1:20 PM  
Blogger cathy said...

Bingo players are vicious!
I went with my mum once, it was scary.Great 55.

November 11, 2007 1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Bryan that was so creative and funny, I loved it!
tc

November 11, 2007 10:32 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

This was hilarious!

November 12, 2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

One of my best friends is a bingo lunatic. Man, I'd hate to see what she's going to be like as a senior! WHEW!

Great 55 Brian ;o)

November 12, 2007 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home