Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, October 26, 2007

55Flash Fiction Friday

The day finally is here, guests are arriving
Everyone is cleverly dressed

The decorations up,
the snack bowls full,
the keg tapped
Tonight will be fun.

She worked hard to come up with a his and her costume
She stepped into her postage stamp costume, he into his tongue outfit

Lick me baby, Lick me.



Click on the 55 badge in my side bar for information about joining us and participating in the 55FlashFiction Friday . It is a lot of fun and gets easier every week you participate. Come join us...


What can I say, it is Halloween time of the year. I have been to several Halloween parties but have never thrown one. I thought it might be fun to explore that. I hope those of you that do celebrate Halloween have a wonderful weekend either this weekend or the next, whenever you choose to participate. Also enjoy the little tricker treaters on the day when they show up to your door.

Myself, my lights will be off, door closed, and I may not even be home. Where I am kids just never visit. I am by apartments that never seem to do Halloween and there just are not enough homes in a row where I am to be worth coming down my area. I think the most kids I have ever seen on Halloween is six and I have had several years where no one showed up. It just is not worth the hassle.


In a little bit I will upload a few, as of yet, un-taken pictures of my game boards. Two are more or less done minus the logos. I need to take the tape off and take the pictures. One I am going to paint a little more so the tape stays one. The fourth will start to be worked on again next week.


Today is the grand opening of Tim Hortons in my area. I have toyed with the idea of going to one of the two stores that open today but it will be so busy. We will see, it may still be in my cards.

Labels:

19 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

LOL!!!! what a hilarious scene!!! i can just imagine.

October 26, 2007 6:54 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Out sounds like it could be a fun time. Now if only we could drag a few bloggers together and Party. Thanks for stopping by Lime.

October 26, 2007 6:57 AM  
Blogger Mike Minzes said...

Great 55!! Nice twist at the end!

October 26, 2007 7:11 AM  
Blogger snowelf said...

OMG, I would totally do that costume idea!! That is brilliant!! WTG, Barman! :)

--snow

October 26, 2007 7:19 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Mike, I thought it needed a little kick or something.

Snow, I think with the right two people that would turn out to be a real fun night. I am not sure I am outgoing enough but I have some friends that would be such a hoot.

October 26, 2007 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that is so funny and creative.
The visual itself is worthy of 4 stars.
Where would one find a tongue scraper that large cause you would want to look your best.lol
tc

October 26, 2007 8:51 AM  
Blogger barman said...

TC. I do not know about that scrapper. I think we would need to get him some breath mints or something and just try and cover it up. Oh my I am think there are a lot of possabilities here.

October 26, 2007 9:30 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

I want to be a stamp. LOL

Very clever 55 Bryan.

October 26, 2007 10:01 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, we will be sure to make you into a cute stamp so everyone wants to collect you.

October 26, 2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger S said...

I am SOOO making that costume next year. What a fabulous idea!

I get to be the lips tho.....

October 26, 2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger Sophia said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! That's great!!! Well done..you deserve an award for that one!

October 26, 2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Tim Hortons? Coffee place? Never heard of them! Aww well Looking forwards to the game boards.

October 26, 2007 11:47 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Barman..
Great job son!!
I gotta go to Lansing and buy you an Ice cap!
Thanks for supporting me over at Manny's
Have a great week-end Bryan....G

October 26, 2007 6:49 PM  
Blogger Snow White said...

Great 55! I love it! Have a wonderful weekend! xox

October 26, 2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm. Sounds like quite a party! I wonder: was her postage stamp costume postage stamp size?

October 26, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan, that was great.
Did you get to Tim Hortons???

October 27, 2007 8:44 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

How'd I miss this one? It's great. I have an idea of how I would make the tongue costume. May have to try it.

Hope you have a great weekend!

October 27, 2007 8:44 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Can the traveling man come out and play?

October 28, 2007 11:05 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Oh Susie, nice improvement and it would be pretty easy to do.

Sophia, thank you. I love the reaction. That has been more fun than anything.

Gab, Hortons are mainly a Canada chain but it is growing fast in the North East United States. They see possibly 30 to 40 of them in my area in the not to distant future. They also see adding over 200 (I think) stores next year. They are getting there. It just will take a while before they head as far was as you. I have some board pictures that I will post either Monday for Tuesday. I am working on making them WEB friendly.

Oh man G, you missed it. I love visits with Crabby and Bob. They really are fun people. I have managed to go to Tim Hortons twice now in two days. Found out they actually opened Thursday. I carried on a long conversation with the Manager from a Flint store who is the one starting up the Lansing area stores. He said the store I went to was slammed with $5,000 of business on Friday. They have never seen such an opening before. They are off to a great start. Oh and my store is making real progress too. Can't wait. Hey we guys need to stick together...

Thank you Snow. It has been a wonderful weekend and I still have Sunday left. Yea.

Nick, if it was... hopefully she had more than one stamp. Makes one wonder what kind of party that was anyway.

Thank you Rebicmel. I am not sure where it came from. I think I was possessed for a little while.

Hi Little Wing. I ended up there late Friday night just so I could see what their hours were. I was heading out for a trip at 5:00 am Saturday and wanted to see if they were open. That's and Ice Cap, Walnut Crunch, Hot Pumpkin Smoothie, brea... well lets just say I am experimenting. So yep, I have been there twice and they only just opened Thursday. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Sign I think it was be exciting. It would make people talk. But not as much as was Crabby's son dressed up as. I hope she posts a picture. I am sure he was the hit of the party.

Hi Manny, I heard my computer making a lot of noise and I figured it was you playing with it already. I find out I was just getting junk mail I think. So there you are ... Whoo Hooo... Another game under your belt. Go bucks!!!

October 28, 2007 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home