Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My Desktop

I was tagged by Roxi (as were several others). This tag was to show your desktop. Now I am going to accept that challenge only with a little modification. It turns out Little Wing did this same thing a little while ago and one of her people commented (who is much smarter than me) it was a security risk to show your desktop.

Instead what I am going to do is show you the picture I am currently using as my desktop.


This picture comes from Jillie (hope you do not mind). It is so Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota ish in the fall. I love the fall and I love the way my state (and the others I mentioned) look although I believe this must be Wisconsin, that state that Jillie hailed from. It is in my blood. The only problem with this picture is it is to strong for the backdrop so I am thinking of making it somewhat see through with white underneath to lighten it.

Oh and a bonus, if I do not put up a Halloween background (I have this crude black cat) then this is what my next backdrop will be. That or a real nice rainbow a friend from Minnesota sent me (Top Cat, remember Sweetness)



The above picture is possibly my only picture I have from the Michigan blogger get together last year. That is Roxi front and center with Jon (from Colorado) on the left and most likely me on the right. Wow, I had no idea I was in the picture. All eyes were on Roxi. Can you blame me for missing who else was in the picture?

Now the description. My computer is set to 1024 x 768. With the space that affords me I have about a bajillion icons on my desktop. They are for the most part all around the edges so I can see my desktop picture. There are icons to launch programs. There are folders with pictures and more pictures in them. There are pictures on my desktop. There are programs that I really should move somewhere else on my desktop. Yep, I work with a lot of clutter but for the most part I know where things are. Well that is my desktop.
11 Comments:
Blogger Roxi said...

Good Job!!!

Aww.. I looked sooo cute..

not at all like my normal evil self..

Interesting..

I dont get how its a security risk to put up your desktop..... interesting..

October 09, 2007 8:10 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I think his explanation was that it gives the would be attacker some information about the operating system you are running and clues as to what else might be on your computer. That gives them more of a hint what they are attacking. I must admit I am not really sure myself.

So I think I am missing out then. I don't know what your evil self looks like!!!

October 09, 2007 8:16 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

I have tons of pictures from the get together if you want them.

October 09, 2007 10:06 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan, it was Top Cat who wanted to do the desktop tag, and Charles who told about the security risk in a comment to Top Cat.

October 10, 2007 12:01 AM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Wow Bryan, your desktop picture is gorgeous!
What beautiful fall colors!

October 10, 2007 12:03 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Tony I would love what ever you would be willing to share. I will write you and let you know. Thanks.

October 10, 2007 12:11 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Hey I get all confused where I saw something LW. Oh well, I was close.

The picture came from Jillie. I think it is from somewhere in Wisconsin since that does not look like something I would expect in California. But then, what do I know about California. I have only been to Cali. twice for 8 or 9 days total. Yep, I am no expert for sure.

October 10, 2007 12:18 AM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan the only reason I remembered was that Top Cat had tagged me and then Charles put the comment up so Top Cat cancelled the tag.
I don't have a clue where the picture is from but it sure is beautiful!
I love fall colors also!!!

October 10, 2007 1:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Neat desktop pic, Bryan. I really like it.

October 10, 2007 12:59 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I took that picture of Roxi! She was downing one of my monster jello shots. Those were fun times!

October 10, 2007 6:58 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

My desk top is generic. Maybe I should try stenciling one.

October 11, 2007 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home