Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Saturday, In the Park

Actually is was a bar but let me continue on.


Yesterday was a bitter sweet day for me. For one thing my sinus headache finally went away. And the aches I was worried were actually the flu just kind of disappeared over night as quickly as they came. I am not really sure where they came from but am happy it did not amount to anything. See I am planning on getting my flu shot on Tuesday. Anyway moving on.

I played hooky on Saturday. I had scheduled to give blood. What was I thinking. It was the Michigan vs Michigan State football game and I planned on watching the game at a bar. Now I have drank before after giving blood. It was a long time ago and was by accident. The 16 ounce Coors Light beer I had about floored me and personally I think Coors Light is pretty light weight beer to begin with. I decided that giving blood and drinking was not a good idea. Well that and I already was not feeling real well earlier in the week and I had those flu shots coming... So I blew off the blood donation. What makes it worse is I do not give blood during the winter so I am probably done for the year.

Now for the bitter sweet. The good news, my team was going to win that game. The bad news, my team was also going to lose. My home team is Michigan State. I really wanted them to win. I wore a Michigan State sweat shirt and all. But at the same time I grew up a University of Michigan fan and will always be a fan. For Michigan State to win that would mean U of M would need to lose. I wait all year for college football season to being and then I root on U of M and Ohio. You see I want both of them to have a great year and then comes THE GAME. Ohio vs Michigan. And if Michigan were to lose against Michigan State that would just ruin the big game.

So yesterday was very strange. I would have an occasional outburst when either team did well but for the most part I was pretty quiet. I am just so torn for that game. In the end Michigan State lost (bummer) and Michigan won (yea) but I really did not feel like celebrating. The only way I would be happy would be with a tie.

Oh I did have a smile at one point. This one lady, rather nice looking I must admit, had on a fun shirt. It said “WILL FLASH FOR BEER.” Wouldn’t you know all I had was a half pitcher of beer in front of me and no glasses. That was not good enough. Oh man. Should I end up back at that same bar in two weeks for THE GAME I will be sure to have an extra beer on hand.

Yesterday the bar lost my food order and I waited for over an hour before they said did you get your food? The waitress was kind of stupid about it if you ask me. She asked if we wanted to order again but she said they can’t cook any faster as the kitchen is all backed up. She should have offered to get them pushed to the next thing the kitchen does, they screwed up, they should have fixed it. To her offer I said no thank you I was not waiting another half hour to an hour for my food. Eventually a manager came out and offered to push it but no thank you. Now I have this taste for wings. Anyway I think I am off to find some wings somewhere.
9 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

You were at Hooters, weren't you?

November 04, 2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Were you? (What Jenn asked)

I didn't know you felt that way about the game. Squirrel was happy M state was winning. I said no, U of M has to win. Now my feeling are all mixed up and confused. LOL

November 04, 2007 8:14 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Nope Sign, Reno's East although I first want to Franks Pressbox East. I don't know why but that is the third time I did that. That so would fit in with Hooters however.

Manny nothing to be confused about. The game is U of M vs OSU. So Michigan won this one which is a good thing. I just hated to see Michigan State have to lose too. Oh well.

November 05, 2007 3:39 AM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Hope you got your wings (I've always thought of you as an angel) and enjoyed every mouthful.
It really winds me up if I'm kept waiting for no reason, life is to short!!!!!

November 05, 2007 5:44 AM  
Blogger S said...

LOL I hate poor service, but sometimes its excusable like when they are busy.

But they totally blew it, dude!
LOL

I hope you are feeling better now, Bryan...now I think I got the flu...argh!

November 05, 2007 12:20 PM  
Blogger ell said...

glad you're feeling better. i applaud you for even considering giving blood. i haven't done it in years. had a real bad experience once and wasn't anxious to do it again after that.

November 05, 2007 2:56 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

My friend just had her boob job done and I found a t-shirt for her that says will flash for beer....LMAO!!!!

Bummer the bar lost your food. They should have held everyone else's up and THEN cooked yours. Oh well, crap like that happens and it makes me really happy that I am not in the bar/food business. Shit would really hit the fan...no pun intended.

Bryan you would have been just a cheap date...lol! Besides, if you weren't feeling good, they wouldn't of taken your blood anyway. Best that you got feeling better. Which I am happy that you are.

;o)

November 05, 2007 7:40 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Queenie, I decided not to go out since it was so late last night but I snuck out at lunch and got some wings. Yum. Luckily I got over no food pretty quickly and just enjoyed the game.

Suzie it was very busy nut I can not recall ever having a complete order lost like that. I am pretty much all better. If you asked me Friday I would say I was in for at least 3 or 4 days off of work. I am glad I was wrong. Feel better soon Suzie.

Ell, sorry for your bad experience. I have given blood probably 70 or so times, mostly when I was much younger. I have had a couple of not so nice experiences but for the most part I did OK. It is something I enjoy to do when I get a chance.

Jillie that is just so perfect. Did you give her the shirt yet? I bet she loved it. I knew you were a fun person. :) I think no matter what they do, when it is so busy, they can not do right. I is not easy. Other than that they were a little slow with the beer but that probably was a good thing.

I so would have been a cheap date. I really guard my health over winter time which we are approaching so it is all for the best anyway. Thank you Jillie.

November 05, 2007 10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was really rooting for MSU to win that game, I'm kinda sick and tired of Michigan thinking their poop doesn't stink.
They need to be knocked down a notch, guess we'll have to wait until next year.
tc

November 06, 2007 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home