Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Meet Tim

OK, I have talked about them to much but let me do this one more time. Last Thursday as it turned out Tim Hortons, a Canadian coffee house/doughnuts/sandwiches and more chain came to the Lansing area. Two of the six Lansing are (and one in Jackson I believe) opened Thursday with the remaining stores opening before the end of the year. I think the store nearest me will open before Thanksgiving. They have big plans for the area with doubling within a year and possibly expanding to 30 or 40 stores being a possibility.

Well I have been twice since they opened and will go a few more times before I settle down. Are they super wonderful or something? Well I have always had good service there, the coffee is more the type coffee I drink rather than Starbucks. The food I have had has been great. Anyway moving on...

Here is a picture that is long over due. Back for my birthday G-Man gave me a short and some Tim Hortons coffee. Thank you so much Galen. Here you see the shirt and coffee picture with me and I tossed in an Ice Cappuccino container which was the first thing I purchased from one of the Lansing stores. Disclaimer here, the Ice Cap is a fake. I just put one of their bags in the cup so the writing on the cup might show up.



Now that I see the picture I so need to get a better picture of the tshirt. It is a Harley tshirt from who else but the G-Man. I would not expect anything else. Thanks again G-Man.

So there you have it, my Hortons addiction. I think what this will turn into a some point is me just getting coffee from them on a semi regular basis. It sure is nice to have a new choice.


Let me leave you with one little thing. Do you know what happened 69 years ago today? The original radio show airing of Orson Wells War of the World. You know, the won were Martians have landed and are taking over the world. The problem, people took at way to serious and were panicking all over the place. I just found out that it was not near as bad as Urban Legend had made it out to be. I heard that a town lost all it’s power just as the Martians were attacking on the radio show. Sounds like that is all just Urban Legend. Darn, I rather liked that story. Anyway, Happy Halloween everyone.
7 Comments:
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan, how cool that you are on a first name basis with Mr. Horton, LOL!!!!!Happy Halloween back at ya!

October 30, 2007 3:16 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Hey Bry...I got your visit movie posted. ahhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha!

I didn't do anything bad.

Don't ya love Horton's? My Horton's folks are always soooo nice. In fact, I can't find a Horton's where they aren't.

October 30, 2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger snowelf said...

Your GPS story was SO funny! That's the kind of stuff that happens to me!!

A visit to Tim Hortons just has to go on my list now!

:)
--snow

October 30, 2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Now I know why I visit here, great to see your blog again.

October 30, 2007 5:24 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I can't wait to see the picture!

I drove by Tim Horton's on Saturday and saw a picture of their breakfast sandwiches. I almost had a heart attack. I want one badly.

October 30, 2007 7:13 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Little Wing, Tim and I go way back... and if you believe that... That is pretty strange. Isn't that just right. I had to work late on Devils Night. At least that is what they call it here. I will have a nice little day tomorrow, you two. Of course being out in the country you probably will not see much in the line of kids. To bad.

Crabby I agree. They must make that part of their training. They do seem to be super. I love the video. That was super. You are so talented.

Snowelf it does not always happen to me but when it does it sure can be interesting sometimes. Horton's has pretty darn good coffee if you like coffee not as strong as Starbucks. Other than that it has so much more. I wonder of they do french fries and gravy (a Canadian thing). Wait a minute, I forget where you are from.

Queenie I have missed you. I am sorry I fell out of visiting. I best come on over and say hi. I hope all is well with you.

Sign they are good. Maybe you could split one like 4 ways. If you never have one then you will live. Good or not you want to keep those pounds coming off. You simply amaze me. I cheated and stopped by the Tim Horton's you know about tonight kind of a treat for having to work late. Not good at all. I need a 12 step program.

October 30, 2007 10:11 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

that looks like you barman not Tim! Oh wait you mean the coffee lolololol (sorry) I just had to do that!

November 01, 2007 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home