Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, November 19, 2007

Now That is a Tree

This is just a little sneak peek at Silver Bells, a local celebration for Christmas season that happens just before Thanksgiving. I will post a little more if I can figure out how to turn the slides into a movie. Hey I am part way there, I installed the new hard drive and even get it working.

Anyway Silver Bells consists of lots of entertainment from carolers to bell ringers to museums to a little bit of everything. That and a huge electric light parade which lasted just about 1 hour this year. Follow that by the lighting of the State tree and a nice fireworks display.

Last year I got so so picture of the fireworks. This year I was determined to do better and I did somewhat. I am so ready for next year! Note for self: after you have take thousands of pictures of the parade (well at least 400) make sure you put in a fresh memory card so you are not changing in the middle of the fireworks. I missed so much of the fireworks this year.

Here are two pictures with the Capitol, the fireworks and the tree all in the picture. You have to zoom the first picture in order to see any of the fireworks.


7 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

sounds like a really nice time..but why do they have to do this stuff BEFORE thanksgiving?

November 19, 2007 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that last pictures is fantastic!
tc

November 19, 2007 3:08 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Great photos!

November 19, 2007 3:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful celebration, Bryan.

November 19, 2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

All I can say is Beautiful!

November 19, 2007 10:11 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

It's too soon for Christmas. I'm just getting over summer ending and they have to do this? Man, life just goes too fast.

PS
If you have Windows XP, search for a program installed called Movie Maker. You can make and edit slide shows and videos. That's what I've been using for the videos I've been making. Then I upload them to YouTube and download the link to my blog.

November 20, 2007 1:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, Bryan.

November 21, 2007 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home