Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Half Nekkid Christmas Gifts

I do not participate in Half Nekkid Thursday (other than visiting others) as I am just not comfortable with doing that. I must say, however, that many people have proved to me that it is possible to tackfully and gracefully partcipate as I have seen done week after week. I do admire everyone for how creative you are. Anyway the gifts.

Susie who is now on her way to annual trip to India gave me a gift of my choosing. I could probably think of a lot of things I would personally love for me or my family but you know, I think I would enjoy giving even more than receiving. So I am going to follow through with the request of Oz, the king and creator of HNT. His request was that people, rather than posting an HNT picture this week, they would take the time to give virtual Christmas gifts to three other HNT participants and don't forget these are virtual so there is no limit. Pictures are welcome.

Well, I am afraid I am breaking all the rules as I am not an HNTer unless you count the one time I wore the HNT shirt. So the three people that I am leaving a gift for are also not HNT participants, sorry.

The first one there are so many things I could give her. I would love to give her the love of her life. I would love to give her some money so she can afford to go to school and not have to worry about money so she can get a wonderful job. I am sure there is much more things that would be appropriate but to Strumpet I would love to give her a pussy. And not just any pussy, but a special cat that will not make her allergic. I think that a little something like a kitty would be wonderful for those times when she is feeling her lowest. And I can not help but think it would brighten all her days. So to Strumpet I give you a Siberian cat. Now not everyone agrees that it is possible to have a hypoallergenic cat but I say we give it a try.

Now my second person I would like to give a virtual gift to is Suzie friends Mom. She wrote about her when she sent a virtual wish out to her. Her friends Mom has brain cancer. She wished it would not be so difficult for them. Well not knowing them and their situation I will wish the impossible and that would be for a cure of remission. If that is not possible than I Second Susie's wish.

The third person I would love to send out a wish to is a friend of Jillies, Cay. She has breast cancer and it spread to her liver. Jillie has not mentioned her in a while so maybe I should not even mention her here but to Cay of course I would wish the best doctors that hopefully could prolong her life. Falling short of that then I wish her a little more time on this earth and I hope that her and Jillie and anyone else in her life can all share a few special moments and laughs and tears and each others wonderful company. I am afraid that this wish is a little selfish because I wish it as much for Jillie and I wish it for Cay.

Well there you have it, my three wishes. I would love to actually give out things to a lot of other people too but we were suppose to limit it to three people and I thought these were three worthy people.

There you have it, my non HNT HNT post.

Labels:

14 Comments:
Blogger jillie said...

Oh Bryan...you just made my night! I would love to give you a big old hug right now. That means the world to me. She is actually holding her own for now and we go to the Dr. on Fri to get the results. I am nervous but thinking positive.

You're the bomb!!!

xoxo

December 20, 2007 1:25 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Sending positive thoughts your way for Friday Jillie.

December 20, 2007 1:27 AM  
Blogger lime said...

very kind and thoughtful gifts, barman. i second them all, as well as susie's gift to you.

December 20, 2007 7:55 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Barman,

Awwwwwwwwwwww!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

You are in for MAJOR hugging today, because after Jillie is through with you, it's MY TURN!

You are so, so, so, so sweet to me and SUCH an amazing friend and great all-around individual.

And I know EXACTLY what I am naming my virtual Siberian cat from you, Barman, this cat who will NOT cause me to break out in hives and the like....

I'm gonna name him....

You wanna guess?

Oh, come on...

Guess!

Did you guess?

.....

......

.........

......

.....

Cornhole.

I'm naming my virtual kitty cat from you, Cornhole.

It's perfect!

I'll call him Cornie for short.

And Cornilicious for fun.

And Cornpuss when I'm feeling goofy.

I think it's great!

Thank you SO much for my present!

It's so so so so so so SWEET of you to think of me, a non HNT-er.

I appreciate it SO much.

You rock, Bardude.

In major kinds of ways.

xoxoxo

And thanks again.

^_^

And yes, we will go to a virtual cat-friendly teahouse and read my GDMF poem to the beatniks and sip on something to warm our toes.

Anytime.

December 20, 2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Great gifts barman, and strumpets cat naming is so funny!!!

December 20, 2007 11:35 AM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Great gifts Bryan! Too bad we don't have the power to make them come true.

Happy HNT and a very Merry Christmas.

PS
Now that you mention it, I suppose some of the gifts I gave may give me a little bit of pleasure too. ;-)

December 20, 2007 12:12 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You are so sweet to think of others, Bryan.

Merry Christmas!

December 20, 2007 6:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful post, Bryan. Christmas blessings to you.

December 20, 2007 9:43 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

You have the biggest heart Bryan. And I would wish that all yours would come true. Merry Christmas.

December 20, 2007 10:55 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Bryan the first time I visited your blog I knew you were a special guy,you have confirmed all of my thoughts about you. So when everyone have done giving you a hug, its my turn (((HUGS))).

December 21, 2007 5:29 AM  
Blogger S said...

Hello from India Bryan!!!!

You are just so wonderful, I didnt even think of remission! Slaps self upside head! I think we should wish for that instead.

You are such a sweetheart, but how dare you make me cry in the internet cafe full of macho indian men who are now staring at me, and one has now brought me the tissue box!
Oh man!
Merry Christmas, Bryan!
Youre just the best!

December 23, 2007 5:41 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Sorry I have been keeping busy getting ready for the big day.

Lime, thank you.

Strumpet, what a perfect name especially with a backup name for people that do not understand. But then you are Strumpet, what else would they expect?

Little Wing, you can always count and Strumpet to get on board with an idea.

Tony, I am not saying I would not want to partake too mind ya. It would be wonderful to be able to do things like that especially these since two of them may be a miracle.

Sign, if I were really being true, I would have used one of the wishes for my Mom. I would love to have cured her or at least replaced both of her lungs. She has been a real trouper with the lung disease she has but she deserves more.

Thank you Nick and Christmas blessing to you and Alex as well.

Gab I think that would be a wonderful gift in itself. Of course with you we would have to send you down to Florida so you two could retire. Merry Christmas to you Gab.

Thank you Queenie, boy do I have you all fooled! Actually I am not ready to be called Saint Bryan or anything but I really do like to be kind toward others.

Rebicmel, my Dad had Cancer and beat it. He had it easy and man, there still was nothing easy about the treatment. That is wonderful to hear you are a survivor. Isn't it a shame that we can not really make a difference like that. I guess that is why giving toward research is the best thing we can do. Hug gladly expected but beware, I will be hugging back.

Sorry Susie, I would not mean to do that on purpose. But see, you let people share kindness with you by bring you the Kleenex. Merry Christmas to you Susie. Glad to hear you are safe.

December 23, 2007 6:15 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

Hi Bryan and thank you for asking about Cay. I wish it was good news. In two months she's developed 2 more tumors so it is growing and she is not responding to treatment. On Jan 8th, we will be starting a new treatment. Some IV chemo this time. The Dr. told us that we can't cure or treat this, we can only make her comfortable. So...I guess this is the beginning of the end. I wish she would have waited until AFTER Christmas for her Dr.'s appt. but hey, now we know to make it a Christmas of a lifetime for her. I think I cried all Friday afternoon after I dropped her off.

XO

December 23, 2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger ohc said...

Bryan, Happy Holidays to you! Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts!~ May all your dreams come true!

December 24, 2007 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home