Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Aren’t Cell Phones Fun

I recently upgraded my cell phone. I have finally joined the 21st century with something that can text message, take pictures, share those pictures, browse the WEB somewhat, check email, receive voice mail, heck I think it might even do the dishes but not the windows... I checked.


So with this modern day cell phone what have I managed to do? I received a call the other day from a teenage girl (I would guess). I told her she had the wrong number but she would not listen. Later I received my first of many text messages. I decided, right or wrong, to ignore the messages. They were not to bad. I only got about a message every couple of days.

Finally today I received a message asking if I was mad at her. I finally replied and told her that

she has the wrong number like I tried to tell her before.

She replied WHAT

Oh great, here we go. She sent one more message which I ignored and decided once I read that I was going to send her one last message that I thought would maybe even make her burn her cell phone. The message?


This is the last you will hear from me. You have the wrong number. You are texting a 50 year old man.




I was sure that would be the last I heard from her. But instead I did not even have to send it. In that message I did not read she shouted at me (all caps) and even said that explains why my name sounded stupid. See that is another reason I figure it is a teenager. Anyway hopefully that is all done with. If not, next thing you know I will end up on some sex offenders list for carrying on with a teenage girl.




Yep, cell phones can be so much fun.
7 Comments:
Blogger jillie said...

You know, I have gotten a few of them and told them that if they didn't stop txting me I would report them. That still didn't work. They laughed and pretty much said the same thing...why are you mad at me? I think STUPID KIDS are out there to do this just for fun. Irks the shit out of me and you can't put a block on the number either. So I just ignore them and delete them. So far that's worked the best.

That sex offender stuff is scary crap! There is one about 3 blocks down the street from us. SOOOO happy I don't have kids.WHEW!

February 06, 2008 12:29 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Jillie I know, I checked and could not see how to block it. All I can do is delete. Oh well, she has not been that bad so far.

I think I have about three in my nearby area. I too am thankful, no kids to be concerned about. Of course who needs kids when you have your babies like Emmet there?

February 06, 2008 1:37 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

That was me you were ignoring, haha! I've been getting texts from daughter #1's old boyfriend. He thinks my phone is her's for some reason. I have texted him back several times and told him he had my number. Such a dweeb.

How's that snow shoveling going? I was out once and moved about 4" of what we got so far but it snowed faster than I could move it. They are saying we could get up to 15" YIKES!

February 06, 2008 5:12 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Darling mine has all the same functions, but being a techno nerd I wouldn't even know how to answer......

February 06, 2008 5:20 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

dont ya just love when people dont listen? Now me on the other hand I get calls for my oldest son's ex/gf. Bill collectors no less. Its not like I already dont get enough calls on my own from bill collectors but now they call me looking for her. Oh yeah and what did she do change her number. And she didnt give me her new number. I keep telling these folks dont call me I dont know her new number. If the calls dont stop soon Im changin my number!

February 06, 2008 5:51 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign, I have an idea. Why don't you give him the number that keeps calling me. They both will be happy. I have not started yet but I will be using a snow blower so it will not be to bad. I probably have 8 inches out there. Yikes.

Queenie, I know just enough to be dangerous. I do not know, for instance, how to tell the phone to send the person to voice mail or just hang up. I will get there someday... maybe.

Gab, if that is not her number can't you tell them not to call again or you will consider it harassment?

February 06, 2008 8:17 PM  
Blogger S said...

LOL Bryan!
I have a pretty fancy phone. The first thing I did was turn off the internet, texting, photo sending and all that other stuff.

I just wanna make phone calls.
BTW my other phone, the voice message phone number was actually a number belonging to a spanish speaking man in Los Angeles. How that happened, I will never know, but I actually never got any of my voice messages, and got to know that the mans name is Javier!

And also, while we are on that subject, in just 4 months of having cell phones, we have accumulated over 2,000 extra minutes. I am saving em till Little Rita turns into a teen, then I know they will go quickly!

February 07, 2008 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home