Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, February 01, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

The snow plow is ready.
I’m ready to move on a moments notice.
Once the snow starts flying
I’ll be busy for 24 hours straight.

Funny the snow is eight hours over due.
That is the last time I trust the weather man.
I wonder if I can send him a bill for my time?


The wacky weather people were calling for us to get between 8 and 12 inches of snow. Everyone is in a panic. They even checked out the emergency broadcast system at work so they could be prepared to send out a message closing things if the weather is to bad.

Well here I am at 25 or 6 to 4 (3:35 am) unable to sleep. I checked and all we have is a very light dusting (under an inch). We were suppose to get light snow starting at 7:00 pm and heavy snow as of midnight. Maybe the weather man will still be right and I am not complaining about the lack of snow ... all I can say is, I want that job. What other job can you be so wrong and still keep your job? With how they have been doing lately, I look forward to Punxsutawney Phill’s prediction on Saturday predicting the length of winter. He can’t do any worse than the weatherman have been doing.

Have a great weekend.

Labels:

10 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Great 55!

My how things change here in a few hours. I think we have over 4 inches now. I'm debating going out now and clearing the snow or waiting so I don't have to do it twice.

Do you have any connections with the county road commission?

February 01, 2008 8:26 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign the weather people seem to be saying just over 2 and a half inches of snow down with 4 or so more coming. Of course that is before drifting. Still this is just a snow, not something terrible like they were forecasting.

As to the connections, are you kidding. I live on a major side road and it seems like it is the last one to be taken care of. I think I got someone mad.

February 01, 2008 8:40 AM  
Blogger Queenie said...

We have just had our first snow,just a dusting about an 1". Maybe your weather man was looking in the wrong place. I agree I want that job, great 55.

February 01, 2008 9:05 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Oh, no worries, Barman.

They simply got the locale incorrect.

It all came HERE!

But, seeing as you're ready and waiting...

Wanna plow my driveway?

(And, yes, that is a double entendre. Actually, seeing as I do not have a driveway, it's more like a single entendre. =P)

Stay warm and cosy!

xoxo

February 01, 2008 9:05 AM  
Blogger S said...

Oh man, I cannot say that I have even lain awake at night worrying about snow and shoveling it.

Argh!

Your laser tag post is hilarious. Next time dont wear red!

Have a great weekend, Bryan!

February 01, 2008 10:23 AM  
Blogger lime said...

we just got muck that turned into a sheet of ice. blech

February 01, 2008 11:12 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign, two and a half inches my eye... they were so off. I would say I easily had 4 inches and that was not a drift. Thank goodness I cleared all we had. Of course the snow plow burried the appraoch of my driveway. See I told you they hate me.

Queenie, perhaps they did get it wrong. It looks like 4 to 6 inches total which is about half of what they forcasted. Yea!

I'll be RIGHT OVER Strumpet. :) Luckily the amount of snow I will have to move after work will not be to bad at all then I can get all cozy for the weekend.

Susie, given another chance... no red. Maybe I can consult you on what well dressed laser tag people should wear. Thank you.

Lime we are probably getting that same weather you just got only it will be early next week. Hopefully that means you only get rain then.

February 01, 2008 12:17 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Good one Barman!

We were predicted heavy snow today too - so far we've had a little flurry!

Mine's up.

February 01, 2008 1:23 PM  
Blogger smarmoofus said...

Lots of weird and unpredictable weather lately. My state was hit with unexpected severe winds on Tuesday that knocked out power to 100,000 homes--including mine. And the temperature went from about 70F in the early afternoon to about 20F behind those winds... and our heat is electric, so I froze. But at least we didn't get snow or ice. That came on Thursday, after our power was restored (just a dusting, now melted).

-smarmoofus

February 01, 2008 7:25 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Yep, gotta agree with susie, snow isn't something we worry about!!!!

February 01, 2008 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home