Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Help the Squirrels are Attacking

This morning when I sat down to peek in on peoples blogs and catch up I had an audience. Now it was not right away. It was not until I opened my container of cashews pieces that I bought yesterday. It has been a while so I thought I would indulge myself. No sooner did I open the container then I had an audience.

Now it is not uncommon to see squirrels where I live. But so far this winter they have been playing in the trees but not visiting my deck or my window very often.

When I first saw him I said “don’t you think you are getting any of my nuts” and he ran off. I think it was a him. How can you tell? Do I have to ask him to spread his legs? Will I get in trouble if it is an underage squirrel?




Anyway it was not long and I saw him again even more determined than before. I swear I am going to horde my nuts so he can not have any. I am sorry, working near a peanut shop downtown I know what squirrels are like. They pretend like they are after one nut but no, their goal is to separate you from your bag of nuts as quickly as they can. And you ladies watch out. I have seen more than one squirrel climb pantyhose or nylons to get what they were after.

If you do not hear from me after a few days could you please send someone looking for me. I bet the squirrels did me in and probably have me stashed somewhere for the winter.




Oh by the way, in the process of putting this post together I found this cute little site. If you have a few moments to kill for something silly, how about visiting this page.
15 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

so it's like a sequel to alfred hitchcock's 'the birds' only with squirrels...

January 13, 2008 2:24 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Lime, I am afraid so and I so want to go out and see a movie. I don't know if I should chance it. I heard then running around on the roof. YIKES!

January 13, 2008 3:19 PM  
Blogger San said...

Squirrels with light sabers. So frighteningly cute.

January 13, 2008 6:21 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

I had me some fun dressing a squirrel. Did you notice that all they had were "male" clothing?

January 13, 2008 7:56 PM  
Blogger barman said...

San it was not exactly what I hoped for but ... I love the light sabers. I am just waiting for Luke, that squirrel is your father!

GAB, yep I noticed. Maybe there are only male squirrels. You know, come to think of it they are always fighting. That page came to us by way of your friendly neighborhood mathematician. Who would have thought?

January 13, 2008 10:08 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

damn, Bryan, squirrels are getting really BALLSY aren't they!
Watch your nuts!

January 14, 2008 1:11 AM  
Blogger JokesAside said...

Very funny pic of the Squirrel. LOL

January 14, 2008 5:14 AM  
Blogger Casdok said...

Lol!! Excellent!

January 14, 2008 11:00 AM  
Blogger S said...

OK Bryan that is about the funniest thing you have ever posted!
We have been attacked by Canadian squirrels after our snacks before. Climbed right up our pant legs!

I am back with a rant!

January 14, 2008 1:42 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Daughter #1 asked me how you know if it's a boy squirrel or a girl squirrel. I told her that if they have nuts, you know they are a boy, hehe!

This was just too funny, B! I've been on a nut kick lately too.

January 14, 2008 5:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those squirrels can be murderous, especially when they group together and attack like Ninja Turtles. Thankfully, I have Alex to protect me. I think I do.

January 14, 2008 6:27 PM  
Blogger barman said...

LW they sure are BALLSY now that you mention it. He seemed to be darn proud too.

JokesAside, I thought so and it so fit in.

Thank you Casdok. Half of that was true, half and exaggeration. But I swear the light sabers were real.

Thanks Susie. I wish I could say I turned a new leaf but alas I am afraid it might just be a fluke. It was fun however.

You know Sign, I so was thinking of you as I wrote it. I noticed your ... fixation lately. :)

Nick I am surprised. I would think Alex would go crazy trying to get out after the squirrel. I know Alex would take care of you... well unless there was another cat present. I think I would think about a backup.

January 14, 2008 6:51 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Time to throw some killer tomatoes on them....lol!!!

Hey I have a question for you. How do I rotate a picture to go the "right way" when I want to post it? I save it on my computer and then when I go to post it, it's side ways....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so computer illiterate sometimes. I have a mac so it makes things difficult for me at times. DAMMIT!

January 15, 2008 12:21 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

I've even tried to send it to myself to straighten in out and I STILL can't do it...LMAO!

January 15, 2008 12:22 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Killer tomatoes Jillie. Now that could be interesting. I think I best bring along a friend so they can get my back. I still do not trust those squirrels.

I did a little research and posted a comment on your blog. Between that, SignGurl and Crabby I bet we can get it figured out. It can not be to bad. Macs are suppose to be good at this stuff I thought.

January 15, 2008 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home