Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

lasik

Next weekend I am going to play laser tag. That will be my first time and it should be interesting. Of course I thought that about paint ball too. In the end I ended up with welts and some paint in places I had no idea paint could go. They had to be cheating, no doubt about it. At least with laser tag there will be no welts. That and my Lasik surgery could use a touch up by now.

I wonder if I could be Lacutus of Borg when I am playing. That would be cool (sorry, science fiction geek). That way I could shoot people just by looking at them. Oh wait, I know I would shoot more than one team member just by looking at them by accident. That and if we happen to be playing with anyone that is cute... yep, I could get myself into big trouble too. Of course I would imagine this is heavily a guy thing so I should not have to worry about that.




Oh I know what I am going to do. I am going to get a laser spreader or splitter. Look at how cool that is. Just by shooting once I could clear the entire room. Then again I would be shooting my team mates. Still I wonder if Laser-R-Us could rush prder me a spreader just the same. Of course I probably will end up being shot by my own team to keep me from shooting them. I will spend my entire time regenerating after being shot... take one step and shot again.




Hey wait a minute here. I just found something that could come in handy. It is a cat laser toy. You set it up and turn it on and it randomly puts out a laser light for the cat to chase. If I plant a couple of these babies out on the floor ... oh yea, another trick I could bring with me. I am going to be so prepared.




It should be interesting just the same. You know the funny thing is I am going to drive almost 100 miles to play this game and I have a arena within walking distance (probably crawling distance if I crawl fast) of my home. Oh well, it is where most everyone is located at.

If you should see an unexpected laser beam when you are blogging over the next several days, it’s just me practicing.


11 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

my kids have played laser tag with the youth group several times. they all love it. have fun!

January 22, 2008 9:32 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Lime I have been curious so I thought it would be fun this once. I suspect once will be enough. I love to try new things so forward I go ... ZZZzzzaaappp! Shoot, shot already. :(

January 22, 2008 10:38 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

My cat would go crazy but not as much as the dogs. I have one of those small lazer lights on a key chain and every now and then I get the critters all wound up...LOL!!!

I've always wanted to play lazer tag. Can't wait to hear about it ;o)

January 22, 2008 3:36 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Ohh...I'm so jealous!! I want to play. The girls have played a few times. I think it's time I joined them.

Have fun!

January 22, 2008 5:46 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Jillie, my brother used to do that with his weimaraner but it would take the dog hours to unwind after that. So no laser for him any more. Poor Dragon. I am afraid I may be a bit slow but we will see. I get to play a few games and even get fed for two hours of fun. I will be sure to pass it on... especially since I need more things to write about. ;)

Sign it is such a shame we could not pull people together. There is a place by the big mall by me that does it. It would be so much fun. I will let you know how it goes but with the walking you have done and the weight you lost I bet you would have a great time. Of course the one that I am going to does not allow any running. I am not sure if that is the normal rule or not.

January 22, 2008 7:37 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan I have never played but it sounds fun!
Way more fun than paint balls!!!!!!!! I hear them things hurt!
Have fun and I will be waiting to hear how it went!!!!!

January 22, 2008 10:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have fun zapping folks, Bryan. I look forward to hearing about your adventure.

January 23, 2008 12:55 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Little Wing, you are so right. The one time I played paint ball (my brothers bachelor party) it was interesting but I do remember it hurting just a little. Those paint balls are moving.

Nick I shall bring back a full report but somehow I suspect I will be zapped much more than I will be zapping.

January 23, 2008 6:18 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Good luck with that. hehe Sounds cool.

My cat's love a laser light.

Paintball. Ouch.

January 23, 2008 7:05 PM  
Blogger S said...

That sounds like fun but knowing me I would be distracted by my dead grandmothers voice yelling, "be careful, you'll put an eye out with that thing!"

:P

January 24, 2008 12:05 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny I think all animals love the idea of chasing something. That toy may drive them crazy.

Susie, your grandmothers was on Christmas Story, the one with the bee bee gun? Wow! I have no idea how it works but I suspect, other than humiliating myself, I will be just fine.

January 24, 2008 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home