Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Might Be *gulp* Growing Up

Yep you heard it here first. Yesterday I went out and bought some shrubs. Time to do some landscaping. I thought it was about due. I have lived here for almost 10 years. Now the fun comes. All the work to get them planted, lay down some plastic or cloth, and get some mulch. Oops, I forgot I need to get some topsoil. Rent a tiller to dig up the earth. You know, I am not sure I like this growing up thing after all. Where is Peter Pan when you need him?

I ended up with a two dwarf Alberta spruce and a densiformis Yew. I needed something that could do OK in partial sun and also something that needed well drained soil. If only I could find a couple more smallish shrubs, possible purple, that like the same conditions. Then I am off to select some nice perennials. Yep, lots of work in my near future.

I think I am going to go over to Susies and be a tennybopper instead. It sounds like much more fun. :)
5 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

good luck with the gardening. i'd offer to help but i am hopeless...and far away.

September 23, 2008 10:57 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

is that growing up or growing OLD? hehehe just kidding. i am a major black thumb...thank goodness we have virtually maintenance free front yard (if you want to call it a yard LOL). i have killed every plant i own w the exception of the hibiscus my husband gave me one mother's day that i planted in the yard. it still blooms :)

September 23, 2008 11:23 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Um...I'm close. I could lend a hand if you need it.

September 23, 2008 2:23 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Lime, send positive vibes and that would go a long way.

Ciara, you don't have to grow old if you keep the right frame of mind. I have to remind myself of that all the time. I do not do so well with planting eitehr but I have managed to keep most things I plant outside alive so I am going crazy.

Sign thank you. If the winds are a problem I might have trouble getting the meshing down. I will let you know if I can use a hand. I really appreciate that.

September 23, 2008 3:00 PM  
Blogger lime said...

well here are some positive vibes plus in my post today i give you a lot if responsibility....

September 24, 2008 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home