Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Passion

I have several different passions in life. One is and will always be music. I played French Horn in band in high school. Well played might be giving me a bit much credit. Still I did enjoy those years. Other than that I mostly just experiment on a keyboard I have. I have always had an ear for music. Other than that I get out a flute I still have every now and then but I never did much with that other than putz. But still for me music has always been important from way back in the 60's until today and it always will be.

Another passion is photography. I got my first cheap camera when I was a young boy, had a film SLR while I was in High School. A second film SLR while in college. A while back (maybe 2000 or 2001) I got my first digital. What amazing freedom to do what I wanted although it was not as good as my film cameras. Then I got a beginners digital SLR and I fell in love. It took great pictures (with my help) and all the shortfalls I had with the first digital were gone. Eventually I got a point and shoot to round me out. Needless to say, I love my cameras and taking pictures of thinks is a passion.

I also have a passion for programming, at least sometimes and that is a good thing as that is what I do for a living. I know, boring geek.

I have a bunch of other things I very much enjoy but those are a few of my favorite things. So how about you?

Sorry this was so short. I had this rant I was going to go on and then I think I found out that I must have some infection on my computer at work that is causing this strangeness. Not a virus but more of an ad thing. I go postal on that today. Thank goodness, not that I use it a lot but it would have meant I would have to removed site meter.
5 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

all good creative things to enjoy. i'd really like to get a digital SLR instead of just my point and shoot. i'd like to be able to have a macro lens with it too because i get a kick out of the super closeups on tiny things that my camera just isn't quite up to.

August 28, 2008 9:05 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

passions are good to have and most excellent ones you have there, too! i love photography as well though i kind of suck at it hehehe

August 28, 2008 11:46 AM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

Let's not forget your passion for sound engineering/recording of live performances and baking cakes. Oh and Long Island Ice Teas.

August 28, 2008 4:31 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Gogo, Long Island Ice Teas may not qualify anymore. How I survied, what, 6 of them I will never know.

Lime, prices keep changing... you just never know. I hope you realize that some day.

Ciara, you do not have to be good at every passion to enjoy it. Want to see me creep someone out... hay Gogo, I also have a passion for singing! hehehehe

Inside joke. One time when we were at a bar they had karaoke and after I got done he basically said don't quit your day job only not so up beat.

August 28, 2008 4:45 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

I've always wanted to get into photography.

August 29, 2008 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home