Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, August 01, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

“Tickets please” you say as
the next person in line steps up.
You separate the tickets and
point them in the right direction.

You thought this job would be fun
but now you can not wait
for your next job.
To be a candy counter person
would be the best

The grass is always greener



It is funny, you can always look at what someone else has and envy them. But no matter where you are, no matter what you do there is always pluses and minuses for everything. To raise a family would be incredible. To see children grown and become their own little person would be so rewarding. But at the same time the life of the single. Not tied down, free to do anything you want any where you want. It just never ends.

What we all need to do is try and be thankful for what we do have. If we can do that than, at least in some small way, we will have and even better life to live.

You know I am not even sure where all that came from but I guess it really wanted to get out. Everyone have a wonderful weekend. I know I have a couple of little things planned and I think, short of problems with misquotes, I will have a wonderful time.

The above has been a Flash Fiction Friday. It is 55 words (more or less) that contains a plot and a character at least. The are fun and easy to do. If you would like to give it a try go see G-Man from my side bar as he is the keeper at the moment. Give it a try...

... Always look on the bright, side of life... (Gotta love that song from the Life of Brian)

Labels:

13 Comments:
Blogger Mona said...

Indeed grass is always greener on the other side!
But the taste of the pudding is in eating, as they say!

Wonderful 55 Bryan!

Best Wishes to you & your family!

August 01, 2008 9:38 AM  
Blogger Queenie said...

So true Bryan, a 55 to make me think. Have a great weekend, and swat those little blood-suckers.

August 01, 2008 10:08 AM  
Blogger snowelf said...

Hey Bryan,

I LOVE that song. Now I'll be singing it all day just to annoyed my co-workers. Bwahahaha!

:D

Happy Friday!
--snow

August 01, 2008 10:20 AM  
Blogger smarmoofus said...

*giggle @snowelf* I don't have co-workers to annoy. Or a job to envy. Ahhh, to be retired. B-man, I think I am living your advice; appreciating what I have.

*skips off humming along to the song*
-smarmoofus

August 01, 2008 10:37 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I love that song too, in fact I loved the film , which I've watched more times than I can remember!

Yes I've been there too envying another job, but I'd rather be retired! ;)

You did a great job on the 55!

August 01, 2008 12:18 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

ah, yes, envy...i hate when i start to become envious. definitely one should learn that everything has some value. great 55!

August 01, 2008 1:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too true, Bryan! Too true.

August 03, 2008 9:07 PM  
Blogger ohc said...

Ah, you are so right! Thanks for a fantastic post! ;)

August 03, 2008 10:36 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

I couldn't have said it any better myself and know from experience of all aspects of life. The grass is NOT always greener on the other side. Sometimes you get burnt! lol

Hope you had a great wknd Bryan ;o)

August 03, 2008 11:11 PM  
Blogger lime said...

it is important to find ways to be thankful wherever we are in life.

getting here so very late but the shots in the post below are terrific. the one of the cardinal and the one of the deer are impressive that you got so close.

August 04, 2008 10:19 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Hey Bryan...Great job on the 55..
Also awesome pix at the Park!!!
WOW...That doe and fawn shot was the best...G

August 05, 2008 10:47 PM  
Blogger S said...

The grass is never greener on the other side. It's the lenses in your sunglasses making it appear that way.

:)

August 07, 2008 10:05 PM  
Blogger S said...

Now Bryan,
Blackberries are SO more important than ice and meat! I will list reasons:
They are one of the highest antioxidant foods on the planet.
They are yummy
They make great dye and paint and ya know jungle fun!
In my case, they are free and abundant.
Loaded with vitamins and stuff.
Meditative to pick even though a little painful.
Now meat, eh!
Ice melts.
So there you have it, berries much more important.
Hey how come I never knew you were single?
Tilts head sideways closes one eye and squints...hmnnn....perhaps we gotta fix you up :P

August 09, 2008 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home