Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

This Day in History


Two events happened on this day.

Today is Canada Day. I am still confused exactly what Canada Day is. It is not exactly the Birthday of Canada although many consider it that. It is not the same as many countries Independence day. I guess it is actually “marking the occasion of the joining of the British colonies of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and the Province of Canada into a federation of four provinces (the Province of Canada being divided, in the process, into Ontario and Quebec) on July 1, 1867” (from Wikipedia). Tell you what, I am going to go on considering it the birthday of Canada if you do not mind.


The second thing, today is my birthday. I was born in Michigan way back on July 1st in 1957 at 5:16 am. I was suppose to be born on July 4th but I guess I was in a hurry. This will be one of the last times I was so early for something however... I was a rather small baby at 6 pounds 10 ounces. My Mom had a semi private room and the person that she shared the room with had a daughter, Lynn Bryan. Lynn passed away several years back. I try to remember her every year on our birthday. Anyway my name came about because of their last name. One more note, a very famous person shares our birthday. Princess Diana was also born on July 1st only she was born several years later in 1961. Gee, that is another person that is no longer with us. I am starting to get worried.

I normally just pretend like it did not happen and keep it quiet but I thought I would mention this time. I am not trolling for birthday wishes, I just always like to bring up Canada day and ... well it seems like I should mention ... Anyway thank you for the wishes I have received. You guys rock.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

Happy Birthday Bryan!!!
I did a birthday song just for you on my blog!

July 01, 2008 9:13 AM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Happy birthday kid!

July 01, 2008 11:32 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BRYAN!

I just remembered it is today!

July 01, 2008 12:11 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

A little birdie told me today was your birthday. I came onto here JUST for you Bryan to wish you a very happy birthday! May it be filled with lots of special memories!!!!!!

July 01, 2008 5:04 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

happy birthday, bryan! if you had not mentioned it, i wouldn't have known! so i'm glad ya did. hope your dad is turning out just fabulous. :)

July 01, 2008 5:22 PM  
Blogger javajazz said...

Happy Birthday, my fellow Crab!
i remember you speaking of
your acknowledging Canada Day
from your youth and all,
plus, you guys are close enough
to us that you have lots of
Tim Horton's there!
and thank you for doing
all that research into
just what IS Canada Day!
you came up with a way better
explanation than i would have!
still, we celebrate all things
Canada regardless of
its hidden meaning!
and now we can celebrate
all things Bryan!
have a great birthday!

July 01, 2008 9:21 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Bryan...
Happy 57th birthday son!!
Many more in the future....G

July 01, 2008 10:15 PM  
Blogger lime said...

happy birthday bryan!

July 01, 2008 10:54 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you GAB, you are the best. Tick tick tick, your's is next.

Thank you Tony. Or should I say thank you young man?

Mona you are super to remember it was even in July. Thank you so much for the wishes.

Jillie, thanks for coming out of hiding. I so hope life if treating you well. Enjoy that fourth of July weekend.

Ciara, surprisingly my day was so so and then I spent part of my afternoon talking to someone I work with (next building over) and that was so enjoyable. Plus we even talked politics which I NEVER DO. That was actually a highlight of my day. But it was oh so nice. I need to make up for sneaking away tomorrow but it will be worth it.

Rebicmel, 25 was bad for me... how about we make it 26. Why thank you so much. Wouldn't that be wonderful. We should all be so young again.

JavaJazz, one of these days I really need to come over and see "all things Canada." And yep, we fellow July babies need to stick together. Oh man I so forgot about Tim Horton's today. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Now you are making me 57 G-Man? I am so confused. Thanks for the wishes but where is the grub? Surly you can whip up a cake or something. Oh wait, Jenn was pretty handy with that healthy super good stuff. Thanks for the well wishes.

July 01, 2008 10:54 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thanks Lime, I so appreciate the visit and the wishes.

July 01, 2008 11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! One day late HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Bryan!

May all your birthdays bring you joy;
many, many, more
years to journey.
May each new day be more wonderful as the last
discovering life's bounty
filled with love, health, and happiness.
And may your heart find its path
that through all that you do
God continue to bless you.

July 02, 2008 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home