Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So There You Are

I beat feet down to Detroit Thursday night so I could see the Detroit Red Wings STanley Cup Parade that was scheduled for Friday morning at 11:00 am. I must say it was interesting. There were tons of people everywhere but not so many that it was tough to see.

We arrived about 9:15 and snuck in the back way. We parked about 3 blocks away from the parade route and mosied up to what we would call home for the next several hours. Not bad, we were within a few of the front of the line. Certainly we would get wonderful pictures. Then it happened...

The boys (and girls) in blue stepped in. They told the people that we accross the street that they had to move. Some had been there for 5 or 6 hours at this point. And now there was no where for them to go and get good seats. A few people refused to move and were told move it or get a $500 ticket.

At the same time this debackel was happening they were telling us that we could move up becuase this section of the road we were by was closing and we could be there. We took them up on this. Of course within 30 minutes they were telling us to move back. Then move back 10 feet. Then they told the people they could go back on the other side of the road again. What a total lack of coordination. Either that or they are trying to make sure we got our exercise in.

I got to see the players and coaches and Karen Newman (National singer out of Detroit known for singing the National Anthum before Detroit Red Wings home games), some council people, ad people and much more. Over all it was a nice time and I am so glad I went with the Brother in Law. We had a good time.

Afterwards we made our way home we tackled the swimming pool. It took the whole afternoon and we were tired puppies but we get the cover off and were filling the water (we lost a lot of water to the cover with the leak) when the storm hit. It was not real bad and thank goodness the first storm that came through missed. We only had a little over a foot of water in the pool and would have losed the pool for sure. Saturday was recovery day from Friday and finish getting the pool ready which we used on Sunday. It felt so nice. Then it happened.

A really big storm hit. It hit hard and very fast and ... equally quicly was done except for normal rain. The real bad weather had went through where I live earlier in the day and headed North of Detroit. They got slammed pretty bad. When I got home I discovered my neck of the woods had been hit pretty bad too and ... I HAD NO POWER. After opening the house and hoping for a breeze (which I did not get) I went to sleep. Well to rest would be more accurate. I doubt I slept much at all with how warm it was in the house. I really hate it to be above 70 (72 in a pinch) when I try to sleep. After I made it through the night I ended up noticing a good size tree went down next to me. I also saw the blackout was a bit larger than I realized.

Between work and sleeping (or trying to) I made it through the blackout. I woke up at 4:45 am Tuesday morning to see me touche lamp lit (meaning the 36 hour blackout was over). I am afraid I can not say the same for the food in the fridge and freezer as most of it is spoiled.

I will see if I can add a few pictures after I get things organized. Needless to say I am behind on EVERYTHING!
5 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

glad you got to enjoy the parade. sorry about the storm issues.

June 11, 2008 8:16 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Bryan...
I'm glad you got to go to the Parade...You are the only one I know of that went....G

June 11, 2008 8:51 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend despite the mess at home. Hope everything is back to normal for you now.

June 12, 2008 8:32 PM  
Blogger S said...

I wanna see some pics o this pool, and you enjoyin it!
Have a good weekend, Bryan, and I hope you are safe from that crazy weather.

June 14, 2008 8:04 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Lime. Seems like life has lots of twists but in the end things are not so bad.

G-man, there are lots of people there but not as many as the other time I went in 2002. Everyone made up for it with their enthusiasm.

Sign yep, things are going well but things are already wacko again. Oh well, hopefully things will settle down so I can do Father's Day next weekend. Well move it back a week for my Sister in Law.

S they keep predicting crazy weather again and my weather radio has went of many times but so far nothing bad.

Sorry, no pool pictures, maybe sometime soon. After the initial shock it was nice.

June 15, 2008 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home